Hot Deals

[Aliexpress.com] Asus ROG Phone 2 128gb $682 (free shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2019 12:07 am
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2003
1858 posts
111 upvotes
dualturbo wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 7:10 pm
How much did you pay CAD
I paid $700 even. $0 duties. Not all the AliExpress coupons worked. I did get $20 from ebates though.
Oct 13, 2007
172 posts
3 upvotes
Are you guys getting over the air software updates?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13367 posts
3626 upvotes
London
Just had a mind-blowing discovery.

The phone has headphone profiles for specific headphones that you can enable through the audio wizard.

This turned the wired experience from mediocre as hell to top tier (not as good as the g8 or s10 after you've tuned it's audio, but damn close)

If assume this is a ymmv thing, but it is a night and day difference on my studio 2s.
May 8, 2010
40 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Do you notice any slower than usual network speeds since its missing band 17?

I've read that a few people arent getting LTE in some areas and are getting 3g instead.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13367 posts
3626 upvotes
London
Sauce wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 8:50 am

I've read that a few people arent getting LTE in some areas and are getting 3g instead.
I haven't seen any difference in LTE coverage in London
Dec 13, 2010
93 posts
46 upvotes
Sauce wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 8:50 am

Ive had no diffence in coverage using Fido in Victoria
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2003
1858 posts
111 upvotes
Mikeye wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 12:53 am
Are you guys getting over the air software updates?
The tencent version running the global rom isn't getting OTA updates. People who want updates can manually flash the components or switch back to the china rom from my understanding. I'm quite happy with the stock rom other than that my custom launcher isn't defaulted to when coming out of the Game Crate software and disabling the Asus launcher screws up the phone.
Nov 18, 2008
86 posts
22 upvotes
Has anyone bought recently? I ordered one on the 11th, but it hasn't shipped yet.
Dec 17, 2018
15 posts
76 upvotes
Hi, Ordered mine on Sept 16th and it was shipped yesterday (19th). I had requested the seller to leave the phone sealed and to be left with the CN ROM.
Dec 25, 2009
51 posts
8 upvotes
halcyonsea wrote:
Sep 19th, 2019 11:54 pm
Has anyone bought recently? I ordered one on the 11th, but it hasn't shipped yet.
I bought on the 11th and it was "sent" on the 16th. Today's tracking is just updated to picked up by carrier so overall a slow process but not unexpected. I did send them a message on the aliexpress thing about shipping and coincidentally they sent it the same day after. Perhaps give them a quick message?
Fast25 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 3:04 am
Hi, Ordered mine on Sept 16th and it was shipped yesterday (19th). I had requested the seller to leave the phone sealed and to be left with the CN ROM.
I didn't even think about that... I assumed it was going to come with the CN ROM and sealed. Not sure how I feel about them flashing it with all the various issues still with the global ROM.

Also, for those who had been wondering, I had also messaged them about price protection and like Viper had mentioned, they basically suggested that it wasn't possible but they "sent a gift" whatever that means lol. We'll see when I get it I suppose.
Jul 25, 2016
20 posts
12 upvotes
w00pw0p wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 1:00 pm
Also, for those who had been wondering, I had also messaged them about price protection and like Viper had mentioned, they basically suggested that it wasn't possible but they "sent a gift" whatever that means lol. We'll see when I get it I suppose.
When sending a parcel to another country while using "gift" it lowers the chances to be charged duties. Especially in the USA where you can have up to 200$ of "gifts" without paying customs. Gift with 20$ value is usually the hack here in canada.
Aug 10, 2004
216 posts
42 upvotes
Calgary
i think he meant the seller is giving him an "gift" instead of offering refund on the price the person paid vs what its selling for now.

perhaps a free screen protector, case or other phone accessory
Dec 25, 2009
51 posts
8 upvotes
Ya, exactly what samo is saying, I'm assuming they sent something extra though we'll see what it is I suppose.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)