Hot Deals

[Aliexpress.com] RevoNext QT2S In Ear Monitor (IEM) earbuds - $21.50US - $22.36US +shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2019 2:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
10890 posts
4365 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

RevoNext QT2S In Ear Monitor (IEM) earbuds - $21.50US - $22.36US +shipping

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
57%
Expiry:
June 23, 2019
Retailer:
Aliexpress.com
AliExpress is having their mid-year sale and RevoNext has their headphones on sale! For those who don't know RevoNext, they are one of the many ChiFi manufacturers that have sprung up in the past few years. They make a line of high-performance IEM earphones at crazy low prices. From my research over the past few days, the best deal of their entire line up is the QT2S series (available in 3 colours) with two drivers and a balanced armature in the earpiece. These are the upgraded versions of the QT2 (only upgrade was the cable while the IEM itself remained the same).

These aren't the typical cheap crap pieces you see in this price range as the earpieces are made out of machined aluminum and are screwed together (ie not glued or snapped as other headphones). In addition, they have received excellent reviews by numerous websites -
RevoNext QT2 Earphone Review. The New Budget Champ.
audiobudget.com - RevoNext QT2 2 × Dynamic Drivers + Balanced Armature
RevoNext QT2s review: new cable
thephonograph.net/revonext-qt2s-review/
I haven't listened to them myself but from all of the reviews, they should be a decent set of IEMs especially for the price.

All of the reviews mention that these IEM normally sell in the mid-40's to 50's US. Heck even Amazon.ca sells them for $66.99 CDN - https://www.amazon.ca/RevoNext-Headphon ... hen&sr=8-6. Amazon.com sells them for $40.99 US - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CN ... H9J7ZKDT96.

RevoNext's Official Aliexpress store is currently selling the base model for $21.50 US + $3.16 US Shipping. If you want a microphone built into the cord, it's $22.36 US + $3.16 US Shipping. Both of them have your choice of 3 colours. I ordered mine yesterday and RevoNext shipped them within a few hours of my order which is incredible for any Aliexpress vendor as they typically take a few days for that to happen.

Features:

2DD+ 1BA hybrid driver in-ear headphones, provide you an excellent music enjoyment.
New electronic frequency division technology, the intermediate frequency,high frequency, incisively and vividly.
Detachable earphone cable, change or update another line at ease.
This in-ear hifi headphone built with 3.5mm audio jack, compatible for most iPhone or Android smartphones, music player, tablet,pc.
Wired hifi earphone can be used in running, jogging, walking , travel, and so on.

Specifications:

Model: Revonext QT2
Headphone type: In-ear headphones
Headphone output source: HiFi
Sensitivity: 105dB/mW
Cell Impedance: 15Ω
Frequency response range: 7-40000Hz
Pin Type: 0.78mm
Plug diameter: 3.5mm
Plug type: Straight
Line length: 120 ± 3 cm
Wired or wireless headset: wired headset
Yes or No Microphone: No
Voice principle: 2 dynamic driver + 1 Balanced Armature
Suitable style type music: classical, rock, pop and so on

You can order the previous model - QT2 - for $0.43 US less but by all reports, the cord is terrible compared to the QT2s. You can also get the 'upgraded' QT3s for $9 US more but from all of the reviews, they have way too much highs which makes them hard to listen to over extended periods of time.
25 replies
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2920 posts
2341 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I just got the Senfer DT6 for a similar price. Would have bought these instead!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
10890 posts
4365 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 2:26 am
I just got the Senfer DT6 for a similar price. Would have bought these instead!
I was looking at those but decided against them as they seem to have less bass... while I'm not a bass head, I like to know that the IEMs can produce bass if required.

FYI - the Senfer DT6 is also on sale... $18 US shipped...
Nov 26, 2008
594 posts
175 upvotes
GTA
I dont mean to hijack the thread - do they sell a version of these with a built in mic and its still wireless (that cable around the neck is fine)?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
10890 posts
4365 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bostonontario wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 5:35 am
I dont mean to hijack the thread - do they sell a version of these with a built in mic and its still wireless (that cable around the neck is fine)?
Kind of.... The cables are removable using what seems like a standard connection - at least standard for multiple manufacturers of IEMs and cords. As such, various manufacturers make a BT/Mic accessory (ie remove the current cord, connect the wireless accessory to those the IEM).

Currently. RevoNext has their version on sale for $15.16 US +$3.16 US Shipping - Revonext Bluetooth Cable Wireless Bluetooth Adapter Bluetooth Enabled Remote + Mic Accessory Cable with 2 Pin 0.78mm. Note> I don't know what type of BT it is and it probably doesn't support things like aptX so the sound quality may not be as good as a wired connection.

[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
10890 posts
4365 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
After doing a bit more research, a few people online have said two nice upgrades for these IEM are:

1. Memory foam tips to replace the silicone ones - it seems that the silicone ones don't seal well enough and may add to the highs reported by some users. Also, the memory foam offers a better seal for the ear and a higher level of comfort. Many users have said that the KZ assorted tip package works well with these IEM. The best deal I've found for these is - $1.61 US SHIPPED

2. While the existing cord is an upgrade from the previous version supplied with the QT2, some reviewers have said that the supplied cable is still a little on the thin side of things at 4 cores (ie 4 individual wires - 2 per side) If you are using it on a phone that might not matter that much as phones typically aren't the best source components and, if you paid the extra for the microphone, it might be good enough. However, if you are looking to improve on the durability, handling (ie less likely to tangle) and, if I dare say, sound quality, other cables like an 8 core cable might do a better job. The best deal I could find on an 8-core cord with what seems like metal shells on the connector (seems fitting for a metal shelled IEM) are these from TRN - $7.20 US Shipped. Just pick your colour and plug sizes (you want the 0.78mm for the QT2s) and off to the races you go. The other nice thing is delivery is expected to be within 30 days (unlike other sellers which list 60 days).

You can also go to 16 cores for a few bucks more but I would be afraid that the cord might become too heavy and too thick at that point.
Feb 26, 2017
356 posts
189 upvotes
I’ve heard IEMs are potentially more dangerous for hearing loss, due to the seal on the ear and the increased pressure. Is that true ?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
10890 posts
4365 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Atillathepun wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 11:09 pm
I’ve heard IEMs are potentially more dangerous for hearing loss, due to the seal on the ear and the increased pressure. Is that true ?
I believe it comes down to how much volume you have the IEMs running at... I remember when earbuds first came on the market and they said the same thing. I remember when walkmen first roamed the Earth and they said the same thing. In both cases, they found that the problem wasn't so much that they were headphones/earphones but people played them too loud which resulted in hearing loss.

Here's a nice paper from Berklee College talking about professional use of IEMs - https://www.berklee.edu/bt/121/intheear.html. Basically, the paper repeats what was said about headphones/earphones, it's the volume that's the problem.

Now how does this apply? If you think about it, most 'normal' people will typically turn up the volume (whether that be a loudspeaker or an earphone) so that they can hear what is being played over the background noise - the louder the background noise, the louder people turn up the volume. So, if you are in a quiet room, you'll probably have the volume turned way down in comparison to a noisy one. From what I've read, hearing damage is the result of loud noise/sound and it doesn't matter if its a Top 40 hit, classical music, or a jet engine roaring next to you - if it's loud, you may get hearing damage. So, if you can cut down the background noise, you can cut down the volume as the headphone/earphone/IEM won't have to compete with the background noise! In other words, the better the seal, the less background noise, and the lower the volume you should be playing at.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
10890 posts
4365 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Even at the current price of $25 US + $3.16US Shipping, it's still better than Amazon (.ca or .com) or any other online retailer especially those linked to the review sites but at least $10 US....

At $25 US, it's the same price as it was on Aliexpress's 11.11 sale last year.
Nov 7, 2014
606 posts
254 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
craftsman wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 2:00 pm
After doing a bit more research, a few people online have said two nice upgrades for these IEM are:

1. Memory foam tips to replace the silicone ones - it seems that the silicone ones don't seal well enough and may add to the highs reported by some users. Also, the memory foam offers a better seal for the ear and a higher level of comfort. Many users have said that the KZ assorted tip package works well with these IEM. The best deal I've found for these is - $1.61 US SHIPPED
These are clearly not memory foam. They are probably silicone
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
10890 posts
4365 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
panckage wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 1:37 pm
These are clearly not memory foam. They are probably silicone
Unfortunately, it looks like a poor title in the ad as the title clearly states memory foam without any mention of silicone. I do apologize for any inconvenience. However, since it does state memory foam in the title, anyone who purchased it should be able to apply for a refund as the product wasn't what was advertised in the title.

Here's a replacement link to one that is $0.23 US more --- > $1.84 US SHIPPED- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3300422 ... 4c4dseBY52. This one clearly shows memory foam and as an added bonus if you order the TRN 8 core cord listed in my post, it's from the same seller and I can verify that they will package it together for faster delivery (ie 15 to 30 days instead of 30 to 60 days). I ordered both yesterday and they shipped within an hour of my purchase.
Apr 13, 2017
283 posts
119 upvotes
Burnaby
craftsman wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 1:46 pm
Unfortunately, it looks like a poor title in the ad as the title clearly states memory foam without any mention of silicone. I do apologize for any inconvenience. However, since it does state memory foam in the title, anyone who purchased it should be able to apply for a refund as the product wasn't what was advertised in the title.

Here's a replacement link to one that is $0.23 US more --- > $1.84 US SHIPPED- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3300422 ... 4c4dseBY52. This one clearly shows memory foam and as an added bonus if you order the TRN 8 core cord listed in my post, it's from the same seller and I can verify that they will package it together for faster delivery (ie 15 to 30 days instead of 30 to 60 days). I ordered both yesterday and they shipped within an hour of my purchase.
god damn it. i dropped 4usd on ebay for something similar 2 weeks ago
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
10890 posts
4365 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
KamS046 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 2:04 pm
god damn it. i dropped 4usd on ebay for something similar 2 weeks ago
I feel that exact same way when it happens to me! It's not the absolute dollar value but the fact that I felt ripped off! :)