Expired Hot Deals

[aliexpress.com] Umidigi X Smartphone ~$238 CAD

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 7:32 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 26, 2013
19 posts
45 upvotes
Calgary

Umidigi X Smartphone ~$238 CAD

Deal Link:
Price:
238.00 CAD
Savings:
30%
Expiry:
August 31, 2019
Retailer:
aliexpress.com
UMIDIGI X In-screen Fingerprint 6.35" AMOLED 48MP Triple Rear Camera 128GB NFC Helio P60 4150mAh Cellphone
First 1,000 units UMIDIGI X from August 26 can get FREE Upods, their all-new true wireless earbuds.

Great deal especially if your able to get the free Upods. And first 10,000 units Upods from August 26 will be at $13 CAD
Global sale starts at 3:00 a.m. ET on August 26
Images
  • x.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 21st, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
97 replies
Newbie
Jul 23, 2018
20 posts
49 upvotes
1520 x 720 resolution, 287 PPI

Sorry but that's kind of trash, with F1 and F1 Play at the same price bracket, what is the draw for the X?
Jr. Member
Jul 29, 2019
157 posts
128 upvotes
The draw is AMOLED display.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1759 posts
1489 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I actually don't recommend buying ANY phone from Aliexpress or even Amazon while you are able to exploit Koodo for $200-300 phones. Why buy this when you can get an S9 for ~$200 or the A70 for the same?

These deals only become appealing once Koodo closes the loophole.
Jr. Member
Dec 22, 2012
178 posts
164 upvotes
Scarborough
Never heard of this brand. Sounds like a crap.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1759 posts
1489 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
richardjhy wrote: Never heard of this brand. Sounds like a crap.
It's not, they actually make very good phones. Only problem with smaller companies like these is their camera software optimization sucks because they don't have 3000 people working on it, so their pictures are a far cry from flagships.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 26, 2013
140 posts
192 upvotes
Vernon BC
chevyz07 wrote: I actually don't recommend buying ANY phone from Aliexpress or even Amazon while you are able to exploit Koodo for $200-300 phones. Why buy this when you can get an S9 for ~$200 or the A70 for the same?

These deals only become appealing once Koodo closes the loophole.
Dual SIM is the big thing.. And none of the phones from our providers are dual SIM now..
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1759 posts
1489 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Msan2000 wrote: Dual SIM is the big thing.. And none of the phones from our providers are dual SIM now..
Oh right I forgot about that. Haha my phone is dual sim right now but I don't use the other slot.
Member
Feb 17, 2008
282 posts
30 upvotes
chevyz07 wrote: I actually don't recommend buying ANY phone from Aliexpress or even Amazon while you are able to exploit Koodo for $200-300 phones. Why buy this when you can get an S9 for ~$200 or the A70 for the same?

These deals only become appealing once Koodo closes the loophole.
Unless you care about your credit rating, of course.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1759 posts
1489 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
leebee wrote: Unless you care about your credit rating, of course.
Do it once a year and your credit will be OK. Just don't buy 4 phones a month for resale.
Member
Jun 21, 2012
367 posts
199 upvotes
Montreal
I would check the various forums about this company before comitting money to it.
Member
Dec 12, 2003
303 posts
113 upvotes
Richmond
chevyz07 wrote: I actually don't recommend buying ANY phone from Aliexpress or even Amazon while you are able to exploit Koodo for $200-300 phones. Why buy this when you can get an S9 for ~$200 or the A70 for the same?

These deals only become appealing once Koodo closes the loophole.
I was under the impression that they did start closing up the loophole. I thought you had to keep the plan active for 3 months minimum before cancelling and paying off the phone?
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1759 posts
1489 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
guitar_pic wrote: I was under the impression that they did start closing up the loophole. I thought you had to keep the plan active for 3 months minimum before cancelling and paying off the phone?
It's been pushed back to 2020
Jr. Member
Dec 22, 2012
178 posts
164 upvotes
Scarborough
chevyz07 wrote: It's not, they actually make very good phones. Only problem with smaller companies like these is their camera software optimization sucks because they don't have 3000 people working on it, so their pictures are a far cry from flagships.
To me, that's a crap. Putting together top-notched hardwares doesn't necessarily mean a good product.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1759 posts
1489 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
richardjhy wrote: To me, that's a crap. Putting together top-notched hardwares doesn't necessarily mean a good product.
It's not "a crap", something you would know if you had actually used one.
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 26, 2013
19 posts
45 upvotes
Calgary
chevyz07 wrote: It's not "a crap", something you would know if you had actually used one.
I can also vouch for the Umidigi as a company.
I purchased their A5 Pro smartphone for about $120 CAD and for the price you can't beat it.
They have since released a few updates for the phone which fixed all camera issues that I've seen.

If you're looking for YouTube reviews checkout Kevin Breeze he has multiple less expensive phone reviews including quite a few from Umidigi.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNPA_K ... dOKkWpXBrw
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
19452 posts
28233 upvotes
ONTARIO
richardjhy wrote: To me, that's a crap. Putting together top-notched hardwares doesn't necessarily mean a good product.
Settle down, Mario.
Newbie
Aug 24, 2005
23 posts
7 upvotes
chevyz07 wrote: It's not "a crap", something you would know if you had actually used one.
I have the S3 pro, and as stated, good hardware doesn't give a good phone unfortunetly since its software driven and Umidigi lacks of good developers meaning poor performance.
It's sad but it's reality, i guess they doing their best but it's disappointing from my point of view.
I will let my S3 go soon ...
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 27, 2016
121 posts
98 upvotes
Winnipeg
Pretty happy with my F1 Play so far. If you don't know Chinese phones like some people in this thread and forum, I don't recommend it. Just go to Koodo and get one of theirs.

Top