• Feb 6th, 2018 1:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2604 posts
1439 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

AliExpress: Damaged Good & Chargeback

Can I issue a chargeback with my bank CC for damaged good?

The seller won't issue me a full refund or send me a replacement even after I provided them with evidence (picture of damaged good).
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
9 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19008 posts
7054 upvotes
Toronto
Open a dispute. Aliexpress will step in and provide a refund.
Jul 13, 2016
855 posts
522 upvotes
Yes, of course! (however it's better to go through AliExpress' dispute resolution process first)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2604 posts
1439 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Now the dude is asking me to cancel my dispute, provide him with my Paypal e-mail address to issue me a refund.

However, I must cancel my dispute first before he will issue me a refund.

Is this legit? It seems so shady.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1066 posts
456 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: Can I issue a chargeback with my bank CC for damaged good?

The seller won't issue me a full refund or send me a replacement even after I provided them with evidence (picture of damaged good).
If the owner won't deal with you escalate with dispute resolution and upload pics there. I've done that before and I like how Aliexpress protects customers.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19008 posts
7054 upvotes
Toronto
AsianXL wrote: Now the dude is asking me to cancel my dispute, provide him with my Paypal e-mail address to issue me a refund.

Just let Aliexpress settle the dispute. I wouldn't bother with Paypal.
Jul 13, 2016
855 posts
522 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: Now the dude is asking me to cancel my dispute, provide him with my Paypal e-mail address to issue me a refund.

Definitely not, never close a dispute or chargeback before receiving the refund.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1227 posts
798 upvotes
canada

They are scoundrels on that site. Ask him to trust you like you trusted him to send you a proper product. Tell him you will only cancel after you get the money.

They could not refund

Or

They will send you less $ then you paid. They act dumb and send it to you as a merchant with a 10-20% fee instead of friends and fam
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2604 posts
1439 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
thesick wrote: They are scoundrels on that site.
That's what I am thinking too.

My dispute is still ongoing. I've already filed a chargeback (which AliExpress is fine with alongside with a dispute) and left a 1* review.