Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
AliExpress

Dead Deal

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2019 12:02 am
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21468 posts
4884 upvotes
YUL
Spawk1028 wrote: Oh yeah. DHL will make you feel like you ran through a corn field, naked while running backwards.
Ouch. That visual hurt.
Aug 15, 2004
282 posts
11 upvotes
Edmonton
zoomist wrote: Thanks OP. Was going to buy direct from Oneplus on Friday but this version is fully compatible with Canadian networks. (Aside from Freedom)
Why wouldn't it work on freedom? I thought freedom is lte band 4?
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2006
1739 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
Viper98 wrote: You will be charged $0 tax and duties
How do you know this?
[rfdlink=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=48622]HeatWare[/rfdlink]
Samsung 2253BW widescreen 2ms response time Intel core 2 duo E8400 Patriot viper series 4GB DDR2 pc6200 DDR800 dual channel ram XFX nvidia 8800GT 255mb Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic WD Caviar Black 1TB sata2 HDD w/ 32mb cache Logitech z560 4.1
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1858 posts
1188 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
ToonTylerToon wrote: Same here. I was thinking about 7, but now 7t has come down to less than 600 bucks. I am so tempted. And I never cared about wireless charging.
Same, don't care about wireless charging since Warp/Dash Charge is enough for me on my OnePlus 3. I guess 30T charging is going to be even faster. lol (I also don't want to get a wireless charger since that means I'd have to buy more than one for home/work/etc...)

I bit the bullet and bought the 7T! Hopefully no duties and will ship soon.

Edit: realized the China version of the 7T isn't formally released til next Tuesday (Oct 22), so this is probably a presale-sale? lol I'm fine with waiting. Don't know how low prices will go on 11.11 but usually it takes a long time for my 11.11 parcels to be delivered with free shipping, would rather try to get the phone before then.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
sneek wrote:
No wireless charging or official waterproofing with OnePlus phones.
OnePlus always has some weird mis-features it seems. IIRC OnePlus 2 has no NFC--WTF was that about? OnePlus 1 had it but then for some unknown reason the 2nd one didn't...then all after that had it. Also I don't think any of their phones have SD slots?

As for wireless charging, it's mainly just fluff and a gimmicky feature that's not even that good so not a big loss there. No IP67/68 is a bit dumb though, esp. given this is a flagship-level phone.
Gutty96 wrote:
Why do you want wireless charging so bad?
Agreed, induction charging is nothing that special. TBH I think a magnetic charging connector is the best idea though nobody does that (Sony had it a few years but has dropped it.) Magnetic you have the advantage of a physical charge connection with the convenience of not having to "plug in" and "pull out" the connection.
tmonies wrote: Price in USD or CAD? Can you clarify in the title.. Makes a 32% difference in the final price...
Pretty sure OP would have gotten downvoted to hell if it was USD and not specified :lol:
diav wrote: Same, don't care about wireless charging since Warp/Dash Charge is enough for me on my OnePlus 3. I guess 30T charging is going to be even faster. lol (I also don't want to get a wireless charger since that means I'd have to buy more than one for home/work/etc...)
Dash Charge is some other super-proprietary BS really. These phones use Qualcomm chips yet forego Quick Charge 3.0/4+ for no reason at all--simply so you have to buy chargers from OnePlus, almost exclusively. Quick Charge royalties certainly exist and may make buying additional wall or car chargers a little more expensive but you can still get a QC-compatible car adapter for like $10-15; DashCharge, pretty sure you're into at least $25 for one :rolleyes: Furthermore though it's not meant to be compatible QC still seems to work with other charge tech like PowerIQ. Also, some other charging protocols have compatibility with QC the other way. DashCharge doesn't work with anything, it's totally proprietary AFAIK. It's pointlessness thought up by OnePlus.

Anyway that said the phone is a good deal at $580, however it's still about $300 more than I'd ever pay for any phone lol.
Last edited by ES_Revenge on Oct 15th, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3108 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
jesus people that complain about no wireless charging.. phones charge very slowly using wireless.. plus you cannot really use the phone as you are charging it. Fast charging all the way ! Don't let this lack of a feature stop you from getting it.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2004
1235 posts
1242 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote:

Dash Charge is some other super-proprietary BS really. These phones use Qualcomm chips yet forego Quick Charge 3.0/4+ for no reason at all--simply so you have to buy chargers from OnePlus, almost exclusively. Quick Charge royalties certainly exist and may make buying additional wall or car chargers a little more expensive but you can still get a QC-compatible car adapter for like $10-15; DashCharge, pretty sure you're into at least $25 for one :rolleyes: Furthermore though it's not meant to be compatible QC still seems to work with other charge tech like PowerIQ. Also, some other charging protocols have compatibility with QC the other way. DashCharge doesn't work with anything, it's totally proprietary AFAIK. It's pointlessness thought up by OnePlus.
PD works up to 3amps, so you can get up to 15watts. This was confirmed by OnePlus, but not sure why they dont really advertise it anywhere.
Oct 30, 2005
560 posts
157 upvotes
Montreal
Looks like it jumped to 724.70
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1884 posts
7842 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Kuro wrote: Looks like it jumped to 724.70
Was about to pull the trigger and just noticed this. Was it a PE?
What's in your wallet?
Mar 6, 2006
832 posts
725 upvotes
GTA
can somebody advise, please, what's the N Glass film option for $10 more?
also, any suggestions for the case and any other accessories?
Nov 8, 2011
145 posts
56 upvotes
Why are you posting US dollars on Canadian site?

It was never $580 Canadian.
Oct 14, 2019
11 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Firetruck68 wrote: Why are you posting US dollars on Canadian site?

It was definetly at $580 and it was definitely in Canadian. See the "C$".
Dec 3, 2007
996 posts
876 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Firetruck68 wrote: Why are you posting US dollars on Canadian site?

Why are you posting nonsense. It was 580 Cdn.
Saw it before price changed.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1884 posts
7842 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
glib wrote: Why are you posting nonsense. It was 580 Cdn.
Saw it before price changed.
Can confirm it was 580 CAD before they fixed it.
What's in your wallet?
Nov 8, 2011
145 posts
56 upvotes
sonpanich wrote: Does free shipping vs DHL matter for duties?
Never Choose DHL, they automatically charge brokerage and duties. Aliexpress Standard is good, look for 15-30 days.
Jul 29, 2017
29 posts
10 upvotes
Ontario
xinix wrote: Why wouldn't it work on freedom? I thought freedom is lte band 4?
It will work for the most part, but the phone doesn't support Band 66.
Dec 8, 2018
53 posts
230 upvotes
Montreal
Here is a proof, it was $580 CAD while I was browsing it on my oneplus 3..
I decided to order it from my desktop computer.. but too late!! I missed it, oh the mistake hahaha! :facepalm:

Edit: I still think $724 CAD (current price) is not bad considering it will sell at 799$ on oneplus.com in 3 days..

Screenshot_20191015-212322.jpg
Last edited by Hughen on Oct 15th, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 8, 2011
145 posts
56 upvotes
Ok, sorry, saw it was $580 US, did anyone order for $580 CAD?
Nov 8, 2011
145 posts
56 upvotes
Damn must have been up for minutes as I have been watching it. I think I would rather have ROG 2 for $700.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)