Shopping Discussion

an aliexpress item hasn't arrived, what is the best course of action?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2021 7:55 am
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2803 posts
1570 upvotes
Toronto

an aliexpress item hasn't arrived, what is the best course of action?

So I ordered 3 items on Nov 12.
Two of which came in several days ago but one item is still stuck being delivered. The other two items that I got were on that category for only a day before going onto the next one being that they came into the country. The estimated date for delivery is dec 6, I assume AE just gave the most liberal date possible. So should I continue to wait for the item until the first week of december? Do a dispute? Message the seller?

I've also posted 2 images. One is of the item that still hasnt arrived, and another that has that I purchased at the same time as the other item that has arrived. I've highlighted the section that the first item is still stuck on and you can see that for the second item, it was only at that part for only one day.
Images
  • dfdfd32323.png
  • Opera Snapshot_2021-11-27_113800_track.aliexpress.com.png
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6826 posts
1482 upvotes
Manitoba
Impatient aren't we? I once waited 3 1/2 months for an Aliexpress item.

"So should I continue to wait for the item ....."

Yes.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
order 2 items on Nov 11 and a 3rd item on Nov 17

Item #1: just cleared Cdn customs
Item #2: hand over to airline

item #3: departed from country of origin

i expect to wait at least a month for aliexpress. Anything less would be a nice surprise
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2803 posts
1570 upvotes
Toronto
woof wrote: Impatient aren't we? I once waited 3 1/2 months for an Aliexpress item.

"So should I continue to wait for the item ....."

Yes.
I have no prior experience and given that most of my stuff took a little over a week to arrive with regular shipping, it just left me confused as to what's really normal.
yesstyle wrote: order 2 items on Nov 11 and a 3rd item on Nov 17

i expect to wait at least a month for aliexpress. Anything less would be a nice surprise
I'm a first time AE customer so I have no clue. While I often hear how with AE, everything takes ages. But if you were to look at the second pic, I made two different purchases that were combined and they came in 10 days. I guess I lucked out, but thank you for telling me where your items are at. It gives me confidence to not feel anxiety or anything.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6239 posts
4340 upvotes
Victoria
AliExpress shipped really fast for singles day sale for some reason. Usually you're looking at a month for delivery.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2803 posts
1570 upvotes
Toronto
rchong wrote: AliExpress shipped really fast for singles day sale for some reason. Usually you're looking at a month for delivery.
Odd, since everything I bought was on singles day but only 2 of 3 items came in quickly but thanks for telling me
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1095 posts
1017 upvotes
Alberta
What does it state for an expected delivery timeframe on the order itself? Let that be your guide as to when to contact the seller.
Dec 3, 2020
106 posts
85 upvotes
I made 4 orders on Nov 11-12 and none of them has arrived yet. I believe one of them hasn't even left the originating country. In the past I have waited for 6-7 weeks since shipping date and it wasn't during any kind of sale. So I won't worry too much yet at this stage.
Apr 1, 2004
533 posts
406 upvotes
if it hasnt arrived or arrives late after 75 days (there’s a count down in the order details)
u can open a dispute for a refund
if the seller doesnt respond (some dont), then refund will be processed automatically
it’s part of their gurantee

but one month is very typical for ae

although two items i ordered on Nov 11 arrived within 2 weeks, which is the fastest I have ever gotten from ae
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
yesstyle wrote: order 2 items on Nov 11 and a 3rd item on Nov 17

Yea the fastest I've had something arrive from AE was 1.5 weeks. The average is 3-6 weeks. Especially now.
Dec 29, 2006
401 posts
407 upvotes
Most items from China takes about 1 month - 3 months to arrive (average). If you are lucky enough, it may take 2 weeks. Check the order details and see how much time left for you to receive the item. If it's running out soon, open a dispute before the countdown ends, and ask the seller to extend the waiting period. However, I do believe they have a limit on the days that they can extend... 10 days or something. Or just see if you can come up with another agreement with the seller in the dispute. (If you are lucky enough that the seller does not response to your dispute, you will get your refund back.. )
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21702 posts
17374 upvotes
Markham
There's an entire thread re Aliexpress how long is shipping thread...suggest you post or get info in there if you want help and answers

how-long-aliexpress-shipping-these-days-2381932/
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
it would be funny if they ask for proof that the item hasn't arrived
Images
  • download.jpg
Dec 29, 2006
401 posts
407 upvotes
yesstyle wrote: it would be funny if they ask for proof that the item hasn't arrived
most items come with tracking, so the seller should be able to see if the item has arrived or not.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18181 posts
14182 upvotes
Toronto
dealo'day wrote: So I ordered 3 items on Nov 12.
Two of which came in several days ago but one item is still stuck being delivered. The other two items that I got were on that category for only a day before going onto the next one being that they came into the country. The estimated date for delivery is dec 6, I assume AE just gave the most liberal date possible. So should I continue to wait for the item until the first week of december? Do a dispute? Message the seller?

I've also posted 2 images. One is of the item that still hasnt arrived, and another that has that I purchased at the same time as the other item that has arrived. I've highlighted the section that the first item is still stuck on and you can see that for the second item, it was only at that part for only one day.
You should definitely make a redundant thread on RFD.
gr8dlr wrote: There's an entire thread re Aliexpress how long is shipping thread...suggest you post or get info in there if you want help and answers

Weiserhood.png
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
3109 posts
2309 upvotes
London
gr8dlr wrote: There's an entire thread re Aliexpress how long is shipping thread...suggest you post or get info in there if you want help and answers

Swerny wrote: You should definitely make a redundant thread on RFD.
"an aliexpress item hasn't arrived, what is the best course of action?"
is not
"How long is AliExpress shipping these days?"
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18181 posts
14182 upvotes
Toronto
arisk wrote: "an aliexpress item hasn't arrived, what is the best course of action?"
is not
"How long is AliExpress shipping these days?"
really? I suggest you go read the original post again

:facepalm:
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2803 posts
1570 upvotes
Toronto
Swerny wrote: really? I suggest you go read the original post again

This isn't reddit, they literally just quoted the title of the post and you're telling them it's wrong, never mind the passive aggressive remarks from your initial post.
My bud, you really need to let go and move on.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
3109 posts
2309 upvotes
London
Swerny wrote: really? I suggest you go read the original post again

I did.
Still a different topic.
Re-reading words doesn't change them.