Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Aliexpress

KZ ZS5 Hybrid Earphones 2DD+2BA Dynamic Balanced Armature ($11.46+$1.70)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2022 1:27 pm
Jul 28, 2021
131 posts
423 upvotes

KZ ZS5 Hybrid Earphones 2DD+2BA Dynamic Balanced Armature ($11.46+$1.70)

Deal Link:
Price:
$13.16
Savings:
81%
Expiry:
January 14, 2022
Retailer:
Aliexpress
Hey Guys! I stumbled across these in the Aliexpress Winter sale. These are a solid pair of IEM's that are a few years old now, so it seems like they're being cleared out. It's a solid price for a pair of backup headphones.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1575 posts
4117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
KZ has some good earphones, but this one is super bright/sharp. Hurts my ears listening to any kind of music. No significant improvement after an attempted burn-in either.
ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Oct 15, 2020
254 posts
593 upvotes
montreal, QC
I have an iteration of these (CCA 12 I think). They're worth every cent! Beware of the cable ..if you store it the wrong way, it is tangled for good
Is this thing on?
Jan 1, 2021
320 posts
522 upvotes
michelangelo88 wrote: KZ has some good earphones, but this one is super bright/sharp. Hurts my ears listening to any kind of music. No significant improvement after an attempted burn-in either.
Hmm have you tried EQing or modding them to tone down the upper range? I'm tempted to try them...

Also, have you tried the "new" Zex Pro/CRN IEMs?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1575 posts
4117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mrmungbean wrote: Hmm have you tried EQing or modding them to tone down the upper range? I'm tempted to try them...

I didn’t because my friends did without much luck, so I just set these aside.
I haven’t tried the new IEMs.
ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Jan 1, 2021
320 posts
522 upvotes
michelangelo88 wrote: I didn’t because my friends did without much luck, so I just set these aside.
I haven’t tried the new IEMs.
I've read of simple mods like rolling up some paper/tissue and sticking it in the nozzle can help control/tone down the highs. But yeah, I might just skip this based on your review. I am not a fan of overly bright IEMs.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
2042 posts
696 upvotes
Ottawa
mrmungbean wrote: Hmm have you tried EQing or modding them to tone down the upper range? I'm tempted to try them...

CRN is also too high at high end.

Wait for KZ ZEX number 2.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2003
1517 posts
907 upvotes
If you're heading down this road...
Spend a bit more and get a CCA C10

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002 ... mainSearch

One thing to note is that the "barrel" the ear tips sit on don't have the "lip" that keeps the tips from falling off (so eventually the tips will stretch out and get stuck in your ear), so you will have to replace them regularly
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
Tin T2 Plus is around USD$40 when on sale, they fare better than the OG T2 IMO. I came from Senfer DT6 and I have a hard time not recommending the DT6 but stock is not as available.
Nov 17, 2012
221 posts
313 upvotes
Whitby, ON
What would the best all around be, music, gaming ?

I see so many different kinds and I have never owned IEM before.

Trying to Google it and many hate IEM for anything but stage and others rave about performance for gaming and music.
Jul 28, 2021
131 posts
423 upvotes
Below 50$ the KZ CRN ZEX Pro's get solid recommendations, below 100$ the moondrop Aria's are the go to IEM's.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
2042 posts
696 upvotes
Ottawa
how is sound vise for KZ CRN compares to KZ VX10?
not apple and orange.
Jan 1, 2021
320 posts
522 upvotes
matt6288 wrote: What would the best all around be, music, gaming ?

I see so many different kinds and I have never owned IEM before.

Trying to Google it and many hate IEM for anything but stage and others rave about performance for gaming and music.
I'd argue that IEM's generally aren't the best for sound staging/imaging - you want open back headphones for that. They are generally great for (passive) sound isolation, low weight/bulk, and ease of driving.

When I travel, I bring IEMs. If I'm at home, I prefer headphones.
Jan 1, 2021
320 posts
522 upvotes
Iistardustii wrote: Below 50$ the KZ CRN ZEX Pro's get solid recommendations, below 100$ the moondrop Aria's are the go to IEM's.
The Etymotic ER2XR is another solid sub-$100 option.
Jul 28, 2021
131 posts
423 upvotes
They're arguably the better option but not everyone enjoys plugging them straight into their brain.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2003
1517 posts
907 upvotes
pkphilip wrote: Tin T2 Plus is around USD$40 when on sale, they fare better than the OG T2 IMO. I came from Senfer DT6 and I have a hard time not recommending the DT6 but stock is not as available.
I picked up a Tin T3 and theyre too bright for me - uncomfortable to use
Apr 10, 2005
99 posts
39 upvotes
I have a few of these Chinese budget earphones from KZ/CCA, including ZS6, ZS10 pro and CCA 12 and the new ZS AST (still incoming) and they are quite good for how relatively cheap they are and can easily (depending on your handy skills) modded to have balanced audio outputs (i used 2.5mm output) and matched with a good DAC its really hard to beat for the price.
Picture of handywork, balanced output for my hd650.
Apr 13, 2009
494 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure about sound quality, but KZ has one of the worst designs which makes earpieces falling out from ears. Looking at the shape it seems that this one is not an exception.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
JustinZ wrote: I picked up a Tin T3 and theyre too bright for me - uncomfortable to use
T2 Plus a revised version after the issues with T3. Great compromises!