Expired Hot Deals

[Aliexpress] Lenovo Smartphone Z5S 6GB 64/128GB Mobile Phone 6.3 Inch 2340*1080 Rear AI Zoom 3 Camera Octa Core 710 Processor

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2019 4:45 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 30, 2013
437 posts
407 upvotes

Lenovo Smartphone Z5S 6GB 64/128GB Mobile Phone 6.3 Inch 2340*1080 Rear AI Zoom 3 Camera Octa Core 710 Processor

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
52%
Expiry:
October 8, 2019
Retailer:
Aliexpress
Spot this on sale for the next few hours. Solid budget phone as per reviews. Price drop seems legit.
21 replies
Nov 15, 2016
307 posts
116 upvotes
QC
A handful of people told me not to buy from this site.
But this price is so tempting
Feb 4, 2017
310 posts
374 upvotes
JesseL369321 wrote: A handful of people told me not to buy from this site.
Don't listen to them. I bought my Umidigi A5 pro from Aliexpress with no issues whatsoever, not to mention the cheaper thinkgs here and there. I've ordered tens if not over a hundred items and all arrived in 2 months.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2013
437 posts
407 upvotes
I never had bad experience on AliExpress. You really need to read the description. They just really messy and people can order the wrong thing.

This particular item is from the Lenovo official store so I don’t think you will have trouble.

This is a good phone because it has the latest midrange Snapdragon 710. Everywhere else still selling for $350+.
Jun 5, 2016
593 posts
786 upvotes
It's just like eBay or Amazon Marketplace. Sellers who don't ship items or scam in some other way will be removed from the website. Most peoples issues will be with small packages getting lost when using the absolute cheapest shipping companies. High value items are shipped by more reliable methods with tracking so it's less of a concern.

If you buy an item with a few reviews from a highly rated seller it will almost definitely arrive.
lesoir wrote:

This particular item is from the Lenovo official store so I don’t think you will have trouble.

Maybe this is actually the Lenovo official store but I've noticed for most brands there will be many sellers claiming to be the official store. I don't think there is much policing of store names.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2013
437 posts
407 upvotes
guitar_pic wrote: Just curious how this can be a good deal if this phone hardly has any of the north american bands:

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-ch ... lenovo-z5s
Not sure if I understand the question? according the link you sent, it works with most carriers in Canada. Also, the site is not accurate. According to seller description it has B1/B2/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20. So it would work with Bell/Rogers/Telus. But again, I don't have this so I don't know for sure.
Last edited by lesoir on Oct 8th, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2249 posts
1337 upvotes
GTA
Only a handful of people told you not to; but a lot and a lot more people told you they had bought from this site.
¸

- - - - -
;)
[OP]
Nov 30, 2013
437 posts
407 upvotes
HamsiBrain wrote: No NFC :( I'll stick to my G7
You mean the LG G7? I wouldn't go from the G7 to this. BTW, what do you use NFC for? I found that Google Pay is useless in Canada so I found no use for NFC on all of my Android devices so far.
Dec 13, 2009
135 posts
119 upvotes
lesoir wrote: You mean the LG G7? I wouldn't go from the G7 to this. BTW, what do you use NFC for? I found that Google Pay is useless in Canada so I found no use for NFC on all of my Android devices so far.
Google pay works great for me, most places have tap now and all my RBC and Scotia cards were supported.
Jun 8, 2019
279 posts
367 upvotes
What's the point of the triple rear camera if it has no depth sensing blur (only software background blur).

I have the Zuk Z2 (also from lenovo). Had it for 3 years now. It works, but the back camera lense is plastic, and has scratched a lot over the years. And the selfie camera isn't working anymore. But waht can you expect from a $200 phone?
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido. [removed solicitation]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8327 posts
2128 upvotes
Mississauga
lesoir wrote: BTW, what do you use NFC for? I found that Google Pay is useless in Canada so I found no use for NFC on all of my Android devices so far.
I am not sure you are using it properly if you find Google Pay useless.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1240 posts
630 upvotes
Just a quick heads up for everyone:

- This does not run stock Android. It runs ZUI which is basically a chinese Android variant.

- As such it does not come au naturel with Google Play or other Google services. They have to be added in later (it seems they are in this case).
Sep 22, 2019
132 posts
222 upvotes
Deal dead? The deal link takes me to AliExpress home page.