Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
aliexpress

MEIZU NOTE 9 global version

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2019 12:08 pm
Banned
Feb 6, 2017
2176 posts
1263 upvotes
repatch wrote: That article is completely false, considering it's almost 7 years old I can give it a bit there.

I have had 3 dual sim phones, all were labelled 'dual standby' and NONE exhibited the behaviour described in that article.

I have a Nokia 8 in my hands right now. I just tried: I started a speed test and while that ran I called the 'voice sim' from another phone, the call came in fine.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I was a bit skeptical of that article, just want to make sure. would think that dual sim phones would be smarter than that these days.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
repatch wrote: That article is completely false, considering it's almost 7 years old I can give it a bit there.

I have had 3 dual sim phones, all were labelled 'dual standby' and NONE exhibited the behaviour described in that article.

I have a Nokia 8 in my hands right now. I just tried: I started a speed test and while that ran I called the 'voice sim' from another phone, the call came in fine.
As far as I know, that behaviour is (was?) strictly if you're using one sim for a voice call, and somebody calls the other sim for a voice call.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11275 upvotes
wearysky wrote: As far as I know, that behaviour is (was?) strictly if you're using one sim for a voice call, and somebody calls the other sim for a voice call.
Good point, that might be the use model being referenced. Considering it's a 7 year old article that makes even more sense.

These days, I think MOST people get dual sim phones for the "data sim + voice sim" model, verses the "two phone numbers on one phone" model.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13239 posts
12069 upvotes
Toronto
andjules wrote: Fair about battery, screen and camera but it's worth noting that the Snapdragon 625 - while popular for good reason - is pretty ancient (2016) at this point, and offers no quick charging.
True but should be fine depending on where you're coming from, and never needed a top up since the battery is so epic. I only recently upgraded to ZF4 Pro because I wanted the same features with flagship speed (sd835). But only 3600mAh so I miss the giant battery.
Nov 13, 2014
169 posts
379 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I'd still trust the Redmi note 7. It's about what? 30 USD more expensive, but at least we know what we get with the Xiaomi brand.

Anybody have any recommendations for around the 300-400$ mark for a Chinese made phone?

What's the best value in that price range? Looking for the redmi note 7 of that range, if there is one?

Mi max looks like meh. And mi Mix is a bit over the budget.
Banned
Feb 6, 2017
2176 posts
1263 upvotes
Last edited by HN12345 on Apr 24th, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Jul 19, 2018
181 posts
77 upvotes
What is the warranty like if I purchase this or a Xiaomi Note 7 from Aliexpress?
Sep 27, 2002
467 posts
108 upvotes
B.C
Probably not the best place to ask but can anyone recommend a phone for car use only.
it's going to be permanently left mounted in my car to receive and display data from the OBD port, currently i have a tuning device mounted to display that info but it's worth ~$1,000 and difficult to replace if its stolen so id like a much cheaper phone.

Important
-display quality (must also have good visibility in bright light)
-prefer no front camera if there is such a thing
-bluetooth (5 would be nice)
-Stability in High/Low temps

Not important
-Camera quality
-ram
-Storage
-signal quality (wont be connected to a network)
-battery life (its going to be plugged in at all times)
Mar 10, 2011
570 posts
501 upvotes
Niagara
Really tempted by these phones to upgrade from my S7 but I've really come to love wireless charging and micrsd storage. I tend to keep my phones for a few years.
See sumtin'. Say sumtin'. ('less someone else already did)
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11275 upvotes
dealChimp wrote: What is the warranty like if I purchase this or a Xiaomi Note 7 from Aliexpress?
Don't expect any warranty when buying from China. While you technically have one, the cost to send the phone back, assuming you navigate things properly, usually forgoes the point of sending it in.
Banned
Jul 19, 2018
181 posts
77 upvotes
repatch wrote: Don't expect any warranty when buying from China. While you technically have one, the cost to send the phone back, assuming you navigate things properly, usually forgoes the point of sending it in.
Thanks for the reply. If I get a lemon do i just chargeback?
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11275 upvotes
dealChimp wrote: Thanks for the reply. If I get a lemon do i just chargeback?
Getting a lemon is often fairly handled by Ali et al, chargeback is always a last resort.

Oh, and ALWAYS use paypal, that way you have paypal protection, AND chargeback as an option.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13239 posts
12069 upvotes
Toronto
repatch wrote: Don't expect any warranty when buying from China. While you technically have one, the cost to send the phone back, assuming you navigate things properly, usually forgoes the point of sending it in.
Also sellers may offer partial refund or send back for full refund if the issue happens early. In which case partial is usually better because tracked shipping to China is crazy expensive. I've also bargained for a larger partial refund, so no harm in asking for more if it seems low.
May 18, 2007
978 posts
1965 upvotes
Toronto
Poutinesauce wrote:

Don't buy it.
Not having any optical image stabilization is a show stopper IMHO! What were they thinking?!?
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11275 upvotes
canada_dry wrote: Not having any optical image stabilization is a show stopper IMHO! What were they thinking?!?
Really? The Pixel didn't have OIS and did really well.

Also, some people just don't care about the camera.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
canada_dry wrote: Not having any optical image stabilization is a show stopper IMHO! What were they thinking?!?
Do *any* phones in this price range have OIS? That seems like a fairly luxury feature still, I'd be surprised to find it in a $200 phone.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9301 posts
10316 upvotes
It doesn't matter if they have a great EIS algorithm, but unfortunately as this review shows, they absolutely don't.

You would really have to use gcam to get decent stabilization out of it but I wouldn't venture when I know Xiaomi phones get much better community support in this regard.
Mar 21, 2012
712 posts
679 upvotes
Edmonton
Has anyone received theirs yet? Tracking for mine currently says : " Import clearance failure 2019-05-07 08:57:00 [GMT+8] "

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)