Hot Deals

[AliExpress] OnePlus 7 (non-pro) 256GB, 8GB RAM $500 CAD all in!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2019 7:25 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1457 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto
jayace wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 2:08 pm
Yes very similar. It's pretty much exactly what I have on my 6 right now and am really happy with it.
I also have this Spigen case on my 3 but I swapped it out with one of the Spigen clear cases. I do like how OnePlus now provides clear cases on their phones.
How have you liked using the 6? I didn't bother upgrading since my OnePlus 3 is still going strong (just decreased battery life but I'm using LineageOS on it instead of OxygenOS).
However, I am really tempted to get this non-Pro 7 since the price is really good...
Nov 26, 2009
161 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
diav wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 2:22 pm
I also have this Spigen case on my 3 but I swapped it out with one of the Spigen clear cases. I do like how OnePlus now provides clear cases on their phones.
How have you liked using the 6? I didn't bother upgrading since my OnePlus 3 is still going strong (just decreased battery life but I'm using LineageOS on it instead of OxygenOS).
However, I am really tempted to get this non-Pro 7 since the price is really good...
I really like the 6, I found it to be a significant upgrade from the 3. Much faster and the camera is way better, Didn't find a major battery improvement from the 3 but it may have been because I was using my 6 more than I was using the 3. The only reason I'm wanting to upgrade to the 7 is because of the price and what I can still sell my 6 for.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1960 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
jayace wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 2:30 pm
I really like the 6, I found it to be a significant upgrade from the 3. Much faster and the camera is way better, Didn't find a major battery improvement from the 3 but it may have been because I was using my 6 more than I was using the 3. The only reason I'm wanting to upgrade to the 7 is because of the price and what I can still sell my 6 for.
I also have the 6, similar situation to you. Thinking of getting it due to resale value of 6 is pretty decent right now still around $450-$500. If we get the 7 do you think it will have decent resale a year from now? Only thing is I wonder if buyers in the used market will care if it was purchased from China, even though it's a Chinese company.
Nov 26, 2009
161 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
zobi123 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 2:50 pm
I also have the 6, similar situation to you. Thinking of getting it due to resale value of 6 is pretty decent right now still around $450-$500. If we get the 7 do you think it will have decent resale a year from now? Only thing is I wonder if buyers in the used market will care if it was purchased from China, even though it's a Chinese company.
Was wondering about that too, but honestly there won't be many 7's around so I think demand will be decent. I think Oneplus users know what they are looking for so don't think it will matter much as long as it functions like a North American unit. I mean really, they all come from China originally anyways.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1960 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
jayace wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 2:57 pm
Was wondering about that too, but honestly there won't be many 7's around so I think demand will be decent. I think Oneplus users know what they are looking for so don't think it will matter much as long as it functions like a North American unit. I mean really, they all come from China originally anyways.
Yeah makes sense, OnePlus users are typically fans and know the ins and outs. The 6t is nearing a year and still goes for $600, if we are lucky maybe we can sell the 7 for around the same. Some people won't mind buying locally used at a decent price.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6161 posts
1159 upvotes
Viper98 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 2:21 pm
BangGood has the phone for $650 all in using code bgop78h

A little extra money to buy with security using PayPal instead of credit card

https://www.banggood.com/OnePlus-7-6_41 ... rehouse=HK
Except - You don't know if you'll be hit by custom with their shipping method. The OP's seller is quite safe, and it's not like CC has no protection.

When buying from Ali/China, buy from somewhere that someone has tried before. "Protection from paypal" is not worth going through that risk when the original source is legit.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13374 posts
3660 upvotes
London
cy wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 4:13 pm
Except - You don't know if you'll be hit by custom with their shipping method. The OP's seller is quite safe, and it's not like CC has no protection.

When buying from Ali/China, buy from somewhere that someone has tried before. "Protection from paypal" is not worth going through that risk when the original source is legit.
You're just as likely to get hit with duties from any seller that ships post

I've never been charged duty ever for anything from China myself.
Dec 1, 2009
717 posts
205 upvotes
Saint-Jean-Sur-Riche…
Anyone here getting this message that the bank doesn't authorize this payment?

PS: before you ask, my credit card isn't fully loaded :)
Mar 12, 2017
136 posts
99 upvotes
Viper98 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 4:24 pm
You're just as likely to get hit with duties from any seller that ships post

I've never been charged duty ever for anything from China myself.
Try shipping through DHL and you will be 100% taxed, like I did.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13374 posts
3660 upvotes
London
Choveu wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 5:31 pm
Try shipping through DHL and you will be 100% taxed, like I did.
Yes.

DHL will charge you tax and brokerage fees 100% of the time for anything international.

I got hit with a $15 brokerage fee on a $10 blu-ray :(
Mar 12, 2017
136 posts
99 upvotes
Viper98 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 5:34 pm
Yes.

DHL will charge you tax and brokerage fees 100% of the time for anything international.

I got hit with a $15 brokerage fee on a $10 blu-ray :(
Yeah, learned by experience. Stores like fiio (sound products) only send by DHL on AliExpress.

I think the best thing is to use that ePackage(?).
Feb 11, 2013
580 posts
41 upvotes
BC
In the market for a new phone, is this a good buy given the current prices of similar phones? Never used one plus one but would not mind trying it if this is a hot deal.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13374 posts
3660 upvotes
London
Pursuit2013 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 5:49 pm
In the market for a new phone, is this a good buy given the current prices of similar phones? Never used one plus one but would not mind trying it if this is a hot deal.
Personally I would save the money and get a 128gb Mi 9.... unless that 256gb is really important to you.

If you want the absolute best bang for your buck in a phone right now though, the LG V40 is the way to go

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/LG-V40-ThinQ-LM ... %7Ciid%3A1
Aug 18, 2013
502 posts
441 upvotes
AB
looking at phones these days i gotta hope my OP3T lasts forever

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)