Hot Deals

[AliExpress] OnePlus 7 (non-pro) 256GB, 8GB RAM $500 CAD all in!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2019 6:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1960 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
ki2017 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 12:31 pm
Congratulations! Glad to hear you finally have the phone in your hands. Enjoy!
How's your 7 pro?
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6161 posts
1159 upvotes
jayace wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 12:01 pm
Well I have mine all set up and have had a chance to play with it for a while and am very happy with it.

Like everyone else it was packaged well, came with the screen protector installed, has the clear case, dash charger and had an EU adapter thrown in. Phone looked mint and was hard to tell it had been opened to flash the Global Rom.

It's faster than my OP6 and I never found my 6 slow. The audio is considerably louder. Love the smaller notch.

I was using the Google Launcher on my 6 and downloaded the Lawnchair launcher for the 7 and really like it. Google restore did a good job of setting up the new phone, minus my folder setup of course.

I don't have any delayed notification issues I was having on my 6, however I'm sure if I had done a factory reset on the 6 it would have resolved it.

Display is very similar to my 6 so don't see much difference there. Haven't played with the camera.

Overall I'm very happy with it and the price was awesome. Thanks again OP.
Curious, how is the vibration motor of the 7 compare to the 6?
Nov 26, 2009
161 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
zobi123 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 12:38 pm

Awesome!
The screen protector on the phone seems to be of pretty good quality. I'm keeping this one on until it needs to be replaced.

Do you like lawnchair better than the oxygen launcher? Any particular standout features or differentiators?
I agree about the screen protector. I've ordered some but I'll be leaving this one on.

I've always liked having the Google feed to the left of the home page and could never get the stock launcher to replicate that feed the way I like it. So far I really like Lawnchair. It's slightly different than the Google launcher so it gives the phone a slightly "new" feel for me. It has alot of easy to understand customization settings so you can really tweak it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1960 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
jayace wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 12:46 pm
I agree about the screen protector. I've ordered some but I'll be leaving this one on.

I've always liked having the Google feed to the left of the home page and could never get the stock launcher to replicate that feed the way I like it. So far I really like Lawnchair. It's slightly different than the Google launcher so it gives the phone a slightly "new" feel for me. It has alot of easy to understand customization settings so you can really tweak it.
I've been looking for a launcher that gives the Google feed to the left side, I missed that feature. Didn't like having to click on the Google app just to see the feed.
Thanks, I'll try it out.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9235 posts
787 upvotes
Toronto
The vibration motor isn't great. It's the ones that make the phone vibrate lightly and make more bzzz sounds than actually physically vibrating the device.
Nov 26, 2009
161 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
cy wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 12:42 pm
It's maybe slightly softer but not enough for me to really notice.
Nov 26, 2009
161 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
mcg wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 12:51 pm
The vibration motor isn't great. It's the ones that make the phone vibrate lightly and make more bzzz sounds than actually physically vibrating the device.
I would agree with that. Feels more like a buzz. I don't really mind it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1960 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
jayace wrote:

I just installed lawnchair, how do I get the Google feed to work on it?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1960 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
cy wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 12:42 pm
I still have my 6 and just compared the two for vibration, they are almost identical.
Nov 26, 2009
161 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
zobi123 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 12:55 pm
I just installed lawnchair, how do I get the Google feed to work on it?
Swipe right from home screen
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1960 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
jayace wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 12:57 pm
Swipe right from home screen
It's the Google now page with search but I don't see any cards, it's all blank.
Sep 28, 2017
65 posts
30 upvotes
zobi123 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 12:41 pm
How's your 7 pro?
I'm really enjoying it. The screen is fantastic and everything is super fast. I hope it continues to be this fast as I want to keep it for 3-4 years.
Feb 28, 2015
609 posts
148 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Temped to pull the trigger on this..(have the OP6), the draw back for me is no earphone jack, the pro is that the fingerprint thingy is infront. I have the magnetic charging adapter in my OP6, so it would be a pain to remove the charging adapter to connect the usb c to 3.5mm adapter...not into bluetooth headphones.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6161 posts
1159 upvotes
jayace wrote:

You can use Nova launcher, then add Google Now companion: https://help.teslacoilapps.com/nowcompanion

:)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9235 posts
787 upvotes
Toronto
jayace wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 12:52 pm
I would agree with that. Feels more like a buzz. I don't really mind it.
Same, I used touse the oneplus 5t and had the bad motor until I was spoiled with the pixel 2.

Ill be using this phone until the pixel 4 comes out... Provided they get it right. Would've stayed on the pixel 3 had it not been for the bugs I ran into and the poor screen.

Thread Information

There are currently 12 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 7 guests)

Batzman, MegaSilver, nuclearhot, sakoochee, ExtraZeroes