Hot Deals

[AliExpress] OnePlus 8 Snapdragon 865 $480 CAD

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2021 10:30 pm
42 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5188 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like a good price, would've bought I didn't buy the Poco F3 8/256 for around the same price.
Plan: Public Mobile - $46/month Unlimited NA Talk/Global Text/8.5GB
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 20, 2005
2143 posts
568 upvotes
How is this compared to the oneplus 8t?
Life is short make it long
Newbie
Nov 9, 2015
69 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
anyone use this phone? any feedback?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 12, 2012
2713 posts
2276 upvotes
Toronto
darkmagician wrote: How is this compared to the oneplus 8t?
Oneplus 8T has faster UFS 3.1 storage vs 3.0
120hz display vs 90hz
65W charging vs 30W
Slightly bigger battery on the 8T
Better macro camera on the 8t
Ultra wide is slightly wider on the 8t
Flat display on 8T vs curved on the 8.

Up to you to decide what you value.
Member
Jan 21, 2010
430 posts
441 upvotes
Brantford
For anyone interested in the 5G frequency bands I just did a quick search and Rogers uses N38, N66, N71 and according to the AE specs the one for sale has 5G bands 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA. I'm not sure if those are hardware or software limited. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could chime in.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 12, 2017
15203 posts
4358 upvotes
Scarberia
whats the largest size phone oneplus one makes? tia..i like its specs but still too small!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Sr. Member
Apr 4, 2017
852 posts
657 upvotes
How do updates work on the global version? And what is the difference between this global version and the factory unlocked version from Bhphoto?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 20, 2006
585 posts
187 upvotes
jfd3220 wrote: For anyone interested in the 5G frequency bands I just did a quick search and Rogers uses N38, N66, N71 and according to the AE specs the one for sale has 5G bands 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA. I'm not sure if those are hardware or software limited. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could chime in.
All Canadian carriers only allow phones that they sold themselves to connect to 5G. No known exemption.
Newbie
May 8, 2008
60 posts
11 upvotes
icemasta wrote: Looks like a good price, would've bought I didn't buy the Poco F3 8/256 for around the same price.
Looks to me the F3 is a better phone but with the MIUI thingy. At the near price, you'll get 128G ram with the OnePlus 8 (12/256 is $73 more).
Sr. Member
Mar 8, 2004
572 posts
349 upvotes
Kanata
mikka2017 wrote: whats the largest size phone oneplus one makes? tia..i like its specs but still too small!
And here I am refusing to give up my Essential phone because all the new phones are too big. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

I think that would be 9 Pro or 8 Pro but not much bigger (6.7"). How big of a screen do you want?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 12, 2012
2713 posts
2276 upvotes
Toronto
IHavocI wrote: How do updates work on the global version? And what is the difference between this global version and the factory unlocked version from Bhphoto?
You get OTA updates like normal. No difference as far as I can tell, sometimes some of the bands may be different but you can confirm on the Kimovil site.
Newbie
Nov 18, 2017
18 posts
19 upvotes
Looks like this is the CN model, so no band 13 (Telus/Bell/Freedom), 29 (Telus/Bell), 30 (Telus/Bell), 66 (Freedom), or 71 (Rogers) support.

If you're planning to pay the extra for the 256GB model, an EU 8T would be the same price and give you bands 13 and 66, which is much better coverage wise.

EDIT: be careful, most of the ali listings I looked at put multiple band compatibilities.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14388 posts
4955 upvotes
London
noxlord wrote: All Canadian carriers only allow phones that they sold themselves to connect to 5G. No known exemption.
They is not even kind of true

You can absolutely use Chinese phoned on 5g

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)