Hot Deals

[AliExpress] OnePlus 8T 128GB $550 CAD all in.

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2021 3:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2641 posts
2060 upvotes
Toronto

[AliExpress] OnePlus 8T 128GB $550 CAD all in.

When I've ordered through AliExpress for cell phones I've never been charged duty or taxes. $600 is a really good price for the specs.
You can also stack rakuten or topcashback for maximum savings.

OnePlus 8T 8 T Snapdragon 865 5G Smartphone 8GB 128GB 120Hz Fluid Display 48MP Quad Cams 65W Warp
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msVHLhz

Edit: with the price drop and 2.75% rakuten it's $550 net now.
Last edited by zobi123 on Apr 24th, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
umadbrah wrote: Image
photo for the doubters, I guess.

Just got my phone. Aliexpress shipping. 14 days to Alberta. NO DUTIES/TAXES. Packaged well. Item being claimed on the package was written as "mini player" with no value.

The silver back is really really nice. Not as glassy/slippery as i thought it would be. The free silicone case is nice. Also included a plastic film protector on the phone already applied. As well as an additional tempered glass protector in the box.
134 replies
Sep 3, 2017
250 posts
323 upvotes
Vancouver
Would this model be identical to ones sold on the OP Canada site? Not too familiar with using Ali

Thanks!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2641 posts
2060 upvotes
Toronto
As for the charger block, from past experience it's the flat pronged one that works here without an adapter.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2641 posts
2060 upvotes
Toronto
soymilkslam wrote: Would this model be identical to ones sold on the OP Canada site? Not too familiar with using Ali

Thanks!
Yes, OP models don't have any changes other than regional pricing. I posted a OnePlus 7 deal a while back which was really popular. Basically you save on the price and taxes, it's a no brainier if you are willing to wait a few weeks for shipping.

aliexpress-oneplus-7-non-pro-256gb-8gb- ... l-2291361/
Nov 20, 2017
479 posts
700 upvotes
OP, how did you get it to $600? This is what I see:
Images
  • upload.png
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2641 posts
2060 upvotes
Toronto
polskon wrote: Its more than 600 for me.
stephroll wrote: $630-636
Don't let Ali do the conversation for you, pay in USD with something like the rogers MC. Also don't forget cashback sites, should put you below $600 all in.
Jan 25, 2009
805 posts
564 upvotes
He might have applied some coupon I guess
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2641 posts
2060 upvotes
Toronto
prodacc wrote: OP, how did you get it to $600? This is what I see:
raviji wrote: He might have applied some coupon I guess
Store coupon is $3 USD. Total USD cost= $478.33. Roughly $600 CAD then take off any cash back you get from your credit card and Rakuten/TCB
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16386 posts
2774 upvotes
GTA
it's a third party seller ChuangMei.

post your order confirmation to prove you ordered this yourself please.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2641 posts
2060 upvotes
Toronto
actng wrote: it's a third party seller ChuangMei.

post your order confirmation to prove you ordered this yourself please.
Aliexpress is a marketplace, everyone is a 3rd party seller. I never said I bought it. However I have never had issues buying cell phones from any seller. Also if I ever had an issue Aliexpress always refunded me, they side with the buyer which is great.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7366 posts
466 upvotes
Port Moody
If one gets it for $600 all in you will love it, I paid more w no regrets. Currently using one , split a pair with another RFD member when they were on sale. Replaced my P30 Pro, its camera seems to be equal, it may have a slight edge . Other than that battery life is great, the screen wonderful but tbh the P30 Pro was very good and it was not a required upgrade but it offers a few things I did not have like dual sim, 12gb ram 256 storage UFS 3.1 and 120hz. Will see if I can say it was better than the P30 Pro for battery life once 2 years is by as it had 92% health left, it was VERY good
Oct 19, 2003
295 posts
91 upvotes
600 bucks on ali?? is it going to show?
Sep 3, 2017
250 posts
323 upvotes
Vancouver
Cisco KId wrote: If one gets it for $600 all in you will love it, I paid more w no regrets. Currently using one , split a pair with another RFD member when they were on sale. Replaced my P30 Pro, its camera seems to be equal, it may have a slight edge . Other than that battery life is great, the screen wonderful but tbh the P30 Pro was very good and it was not a required upgrade but it offers a few things I did not have like dual sim, 12gb ram 256 storage UFS 3.1 and 120hz. Will see if I can say it was better than the P30 Pro for battery life once 2 years is by as it had 92% health left, it was VERY good
Yeah, I feel bad for missing that deal. It was ((799*2)-300)/2 = $649 each. I would gladly pay the extra for the ease of mind
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1080 posts
220 upvotes
Markham
You got lucky. You should put it in bold about the potential of duty and taxes, instead of downplaying it. You are rolling the dice and there is no guarantee.
zobi123 wrote: When I've ordered through AliExpress for cell phones I've never been charged duty or taxes. $600 is a really good price for the specs.
You can also stack rakuten or topcashback for maximum savings.

OnePlus 8T 8 T Snapdragon 865 5G Smartphone 8GB 128GB 120Hz Fluid Display 48MP Quad Cams 65W Warp
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msVHLhz
Nov 23, 2018
625 posts
211 upvotes
Markham ON
what about warranty>?
Think Less, Imagine More
Costco is Bliss
Banned
Mar 2, 2021
252 posts
253 upvotes
Cisco KId wrote: If one gets it for $600 all in you will love it, I paid more w no regrets. Currently using one , split a pair with another RFD member when they were on sale. Replaced my P30 Pro, its camera seems to be equal, it may have a slight edge . Other than that battery life is great, the screen wonderful but tbh the P30 Pro was very good and it was not a required upgrade but it offers a few things I did not have like dual sim, 12gb ram 256 storage UFS 3.1 and 120hz. Will see if I can say it was better than the P30 Pro for battery life once 2 years is by as it had 92% health left, it was VERY good
I paid $660 all in as well from the OnePlus deal, but I could not make it work properly on Shaw/Freedom. No VoLTE option on Shaw so Shaw network is useless as calls never connect. Tried to flash the freedom VoLTE using EfsTools but for some reason I can't get it to properly connect.

Other than that the phone is a great bang for the buck for what it offers. Pixels have crappier hardware yet they are more expensive. I don't even know what to use the 256GB storage. Probably I'll make a folder and use it as a external drive.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16386 posts
2774 upvotes
GTA
zobi123 wrote: Aliexpress is a marketplace, everyone is a 3rd party seller. I never said I bought it. However I have never had issues buying cell phones from any seller. Also if I ever had an issue Aliexpress always refunded me, they side with the buyer which is great.
this is just plain incorrect. oneplus has an official store. https://venter.aliexpress.com/store/412372 so no, not everyone is a 3rd party seller. perhaps you should be more familiar with the platform before you post links to it.

further on the educating yourself before posting links... you're a sample size of 1. just because you haven't had issues getting refunds, doesn't mean that there isn't a pervasive issue with some fraudulent sellers sending a tracking number that shows delivered (presumably for a different package to elsewhere in the same country - seeds you didn't order anyone?) and users not getting a refund during dispute, as the tracking shows delivered. this is why the general rule is to only spend dollar amounts you're willing to lose... or to stick with official stores for larger ticket items as they're less likely to scam you.

this is no different than posting amazon 3rd party listing. buyer beware. the fact that you didn't buy it yourself and can vouch for this particular listing is red flags all around for anyone else considering to buy.

I presume your intention is to help ppl out so you should at least call these out if you're posting a relatively high ticket item. you wouldn't want someone to click your link thinking you're vouching for the listing only to get scammed out of $600.

that is, unless you're posting for self serving reasons...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)