Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
AliExpress

POCO X3 NFC Snapdragon 732G

Dec 25, 2012
36 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
I need esim and more lte bands for freedom Mobile.
Nov 13, 2011
101 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
vancepwoah wrote: Ok ordered 128GB at $300 via credit card thru PayPal. Let's see how long this will take.
I unknowingly got charged $5 cash advance fee by my credit card for using PayPal to aliexpress. What reason should I use to get the fee waived?
Mar 2, 2017
241 posts
27 upvotes
hohoho321 wrote: I unknowingly got charged $5 cash advance fee by my credit card for using PayPal to aliexpress. What reason should I use to get the fee waived?
I didn't know it was considered cash advance to choose payment method of credit card on paypal. You sure?
Nov 3, 2014
112 posts
158 upvotes
Balzard wrote: Now, the question is, which GCam is better? We have a few choices now.
Not sure

Need to compare photos side by side to know. But people say Arnova8G2 is one of best developers for gcam mod
Jun 22, 2020
85 posts
102 upvotes
hohoho321 wrote: I unknowingly got charged $5 cash advance fee by my credit card for using PayPal to aliexpress. What reason should I use to get the fee waived?
You need to call your bank customer care until you find the right person who knows the stuff. I was also charged 4 cad cash like transaction fee. On top of that it was flaged as cash advance. So there will be daily interest on that amount. The first customer representative had zero knowledge about aliexpress and paypal. She listened to my part that it was an online purchase and I paid through paypal and put me on hold. She came back saying it was not wrongly flagged. I added my credit card in paypal wallet so it was cash advance and that fee cannot be removed. I was in a bus at that time and because of surrounding noise struggled to listen. I told that I will call back later. Later I called back and another person received this time. He had clear idea about aliexpress and paypal. He heard my story and asked me to give him few minutes to look into the issue. Even he was surprised seeing it was flagged as cash advance. After coming back he said it is actually not possible to know the paypal transaction was for buying gift card, sending money or a product purchase. Because if it was used to send money or buying gift cards, system will consider it as cash advance. For some reason the way that transaction was reported, system considered it as cash advance. He disputed the cash like transaction fee, told me to call back if any interest occurs in my account for that transaction. He also told me to not use credit card through paypal for aliexpress.
If you search in reddit, you will see there are multiple post regarding this. If you use credit card through paypal for aliexpress, banks system flag it as cash advance. Just keep on calling your bank helpline until you get the right person. But if there was multiple transaction, banks only disputed the fee for one transaction according to reddit posts.
FYI I am with scotiabank.
Jul 4, 2018
957 posts
822 upvotes
Good info. Learned something today.

I have not purchased on aliexpress for awhile now and i was surprised they now included paypal as a form of payment but seeing a few posts regarding the payment as cash advance, it seems like a headache to try and resolve.

Ive never had issue paying with cc on aliexpress before and i think i'll continue doing so until my info is compromised. Although i really like the idea of paypal on aliexpress but i have no time to chase a "right person".
Put some resphek on my name!
Jun 2, 2002
511 posts
209 upvotes
With one small correction to kimovil .. even although officially B66 is not supported on the Poco X3, I got LTE (4G) to work on Freedom mobile in Toronto - validated with speed tests and all. Meaning that B66 is enabled anyways? Had same thing happen on many other Chinese devices, so kudos to them.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11270 upvotes
miji2 wrote: With one small correction to kimovil .. even although officially B66 is not supported on the Poco X3, I got LTE (4G) to work on Freedom mobile in Toronto - validated with speed tests and all. Meaning that B66 is enabled anyways? Had same thing happen on many other Chinese devices, so kudos to them.
No.

FM has: B4, B66, B7 & B13 for LTE.

The Poco only support B4 and B7. You will rarely get a B7 connection unless you are outside relatively close to a cell tower.

B4 will be your last resort for LTE. Since FM doesn't have anything lower band on 3G, and your phone doesn't support the B13 band, that's your 'last straw' before dropping to no signal or partner coverage.

B4 is a subset of B66, and is shared with 3G, where voice has #1 priority. Almost every LTE phone on the planet supports B4, so on FM you are already dealing with a massively congested band, made worse by people using phones that don't support B66 and B13.

While your experience with a phone without B66 and B13 support on FM might be tolerable outside of city cores, it will get progressively worse to the point of useless as you approach higher density areas.

This phone should not be used on FM if LTE data is of any importance.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1073 posts
229 upvotes
vancepwoah wrote: I didn't know it was considered cash advance to choose payment method of credit card on paypal. You sure?
Yes, it is. I have the same experience. I ordered something on Aliexpress last night with paypal as well and got 'cash advance' transaction from my mastercard as well without knowing why? Usually paying with paypal would not count as cash advance in all of my other transactions. We all got scammed by Aliexpress. At least they should let us know it would be treated as cash advance when we use it.
Jun 8, 2007
459 posts
723 upvotes
BC
entity wrote: Got mine today, finally. Not bad so far, bit sluggish in games compared to the LG G8x. But probably gonna return the G8X for this, feels like I get better reception w/ Telus so far.
Edit: Guess it doesn't connect to the "LTE" towers.. max d/l speeds around 30mbps, vs 1xxmbps on my LG G8X
I was trying to decide between the G8X and the X3. I ended up with the LG G8X from Costco. Sure the G8X is almost double the price, but it is a flagship phone that provides a premium experience. LG also extends the warranty another year if you complete a form.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11270 upvotes
Dealfinder111 wrote: Yes, it is. I have the same experience. I ordered something on Aliexpress last night with paypal as well and got 'cash advance' transaction from my mastercard as well without knowing why? Usually paying with paypal would not count as cash advance in all of my other transactions. We all got scammed by Aliexpress. At least they should let us know it would be treated as cash advance when we use it.
Complete guess on my part: by labelling it a 'cash advance', it removes your ability to refute the charge, since theoretically, 'cash advance' means the recipient has cash in hand.

You still are covered by PayPal though, so while it limits your options, it doesn't stop them completely.

As for me, I always buy stuff, through paypal, with a reloadable, prepaid credit card from sites like that. I only put the money in that I expect to be debited, so no chance of being overcharged, or 'new' charges appearing.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11270 upvotes
Prestox wrote: I was trying to decide between the G8X and the X3. I ended up with the LG G8X from Costco. Sure the G8X is almost double the price, but it is a flagship phone that provides a premium experience. LG also extends the warranty another year if you complete a form.
A good choice, the G8X has fantastic band support.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1073 posts
229 upvotes
repatch wrote: Complete guess on my part: by labelling it a 'cash advance', it removes your ability to refute the charge, since theoretically, 'cash advance' means the recipient has cash in hand.

You still are covered by PayPal though, so while it limits your options, it doesn't stop them completely.

As for me, I always buy stuff, through paypal, with a reloadable, prepaid credit card from sites like that. I only put the money in that I expect to be debited, so no chance of being overcharged, or 'new' charges appearing.
Can you explain more how to do the reloadable prepaid credit card ? I would like to do that in the future to avoid that situation again. As for sure how can we tell if that transaction is actually a credit card charged or cash advance? Very frustrated!! I think the best can be done is the credit card company do not allow merchant to process the transaction as cash advance without the consent.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11270 upvotes
Dealfinder111 wrote: Can you explain more how to do the reloadable prepaid credit card ? I would like to do that in the future to avoid that situation again. As for sure how can we tell if that transaction is actually a credit card charged or cash advance? Very frustrated!! I think the best can be done is the credit card company do not allow merchant to process the transaction as cash advance without the consent.
I just added a USD Prepaid credit card to my paypal account, and select it as payment type as appropriate. Won't avoid the 'cash advance' issue necessarily, but it does prevent a vendor from charging more in the future (I only add balance as I need it).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)