Hot Deals

[Aliexpress] Pre Order Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Smart Bracelet 4 Color AMOLED Screen - C$45.96 / C$41.82 With Code (New Users) 

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 1:57 pm
[OP]
Mar 27, 2013
82 posts
879 upvotes

Pre Order Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Smart Bracelet 4 Color AMOLED Screen - C$45.96 / C$41.82 With Code (New Users) 

Deal Link:
Price:
45.96/41.8
Retailer:
Aliexpress
Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Smart Bracelet 4 Color AMOLED Screen Miband 5 Smartband Fitness Traker Bluetooth Sport Waterproof Smart Band

Released June 11

The mi fit app will start supporting credit cards, so in theory some should be able to use NFC not sure if this is one

Code for new users OBING

Display -------------------1.1" AMOLED Display

Battery ------------------125mAh battery compacity, Up to 14 days (Recharging time ~2 Hours)
       Water resistance ------ 5ATM water resistance up to 50m
       Activity Tracking ------- Count steps, distance, calories burned, Female health monitor
       Healthy monitoring ----  24/7 Heart rate monitoring
       Sensor--------------------- 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope,
       Connective  -------------- Bluetooth 5.0
       System requirement-----Android 4.4, IOS 10 or above
       Other Features:

1.Stopwatch/ 2.Alarm clock/ 3.Timer/ 4.Find my phone /5.Phone unlock /

6.Event reminder /7.Do not disturb mode/ 8.lock screen/ 9.music control on band/ 10. Easily charged with magnetic charging pins/ 11.Remote control the photo camera/ 12. Female health monitor

Package Contents:

Mi smartband 5 * 1

Wrist strap * 1

Specialized charging cable * 1

User Manual * 1
Last edited by Carlosf1 on Jun 12th, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
99 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13158 posts
4828 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It's also $39.99 US from GB. I was looking for a tracker because my old one that my son is using now (Miband 2) is permanently dimmed and there's no fix for it. So looking into getting a Miband 4 for him now that the MiBand 5 has been announced. Miband 4 is $29.99US. I opted for the 4 for him because he doesn't really need any of the new features of the 5.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
3724 posts
1743 upvotes
If I didn't already buy a smartwatch this year, this is what I would've picked up.

Solid solid solid products, my miband 2 never a glitch, never misses a beat. Not ugly and discrete.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4447 posts
1683 upvotes
I bought Gen2 and unless there were some significant improvements...

Heart rate monitor is inaccurate and isn't continuous, Mi software is terriBad & depending on your needs you may need to buy 3rd party software to get more advanced stats, but you still need both it and Mi installed and running, band prone to breaking and expect to wait a couple months for a crummy Aliexpress replacement that will break in an even shorter timeframe.

If you just need a step counter, watch, and receive notifications from your phone then you're all good though.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13158 posts
4828 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bhrm wrote: If I didn't already buy a smartwatch this year, this is what I would've picked up.

Solid solid solid products, my miband 2 never a glitch, never misses a beat. Not ugly and discrete.
Ya I really like how rugged the mibands are, which is excellent for kids. And if something were to happen to the band (damage or lost) it's not too painful. And the 15-20 day battery life is great.
Mar 1, 2012
830 posts
549 upvotes
I'll buy two for my parents. They've been on the MiBand 2 and one of the cheaper versions of Garmin. I'd rather order from the official Xiaomi website on Taobao or elsewhere. Never aliexpress.
Feb 26, 2010
249 posts
255 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Link isn't working. Goes straight to "cannot be shipped to Canada"
Jun 22, 2009
820 posts
212 upvotes
Kitchener
This product can not be shipped to Canada...
Слава Україні!
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1378 posts
485 upvotes
Good luck getting your order in less than 2-3 months if at all even with AE standard shipping. Lots of us are still waiting for our order from March/April.

Someone claimed that AE sided with the sellers on 3 of her orders since the tracking showed that the orders were shipped so you might not even get your money back.

Prior to Covid 19, I have had no issues with AE.

how-long-aliexpress-shipping-these-days-2381932/2/

It's partly Canada Post's fault but now is just not a good time to buy anything from AE.

canada-post-really-backed-up-2369864/
Last edited by tkddad on Jun 12th, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 26, 2008
787 posts
411 upvotes
GTA
I had the last gen until my kid lost it and it was decent for the 40 bucks. I may just grab one of these
Nov 30, 2016
518 posts
577 upvotes
Mississauga
RiCHC3 wrote: I bought Gen2 and unless there were some significant improvements...

Heart rate monitor is inaccurate and isn't continuous, Mi software is terriBad & depending on your needs you may need to buy 3rd party software to get more advanced stats, but you still need both it and Mi installed and running, band prone to breaking and expect to wait a couple months for a crummy Aliexpress replacement that will break in an even shorter timeframe.

If you just need a step counter, watch, and receive notifications from your phone then you're all good though.
I bought the Huawei Band 4 Pro. supposed to be better than the Mi Bands, and if my experience with that is anything similar to this watch, then its not worth going after. I have a Galaxy band Pro and it automatically detects workouts, something the Huawei fails to do (why would i want to manually tell it i am working out?) Also as you rightly pointed out, heart rate estimation is poor when your activity level goes up. This is a problem with the form factor as all bands get unreliable with vigorous workouts/faster heart rates.

Having said all that, this is a good price for the Band, considering the long battery life.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
3724 posts
1743 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: I bought the Huawei Band 4 Pro. supposed to be better than the Mi Bands, and if my experience with that is anything similar to this watch, then its not worth going after. I have a Galaxy band Pro and it automatically detects workouts, something the Huawei fails to do (why would i want to manually tell it i am working out?) Also as you rightly pointed out, heart rate estimation is poor when your activity level goes up. This is a problem with the form factor as all bands get unreliable with vigorous workouts/faster heart rates.

Having said all that, this is a good price for the Band, considering the long battery life.
THe Huawei bands are better, but i think the xiaomi app was cleaner (last I looked).
Sep 2, 2019
47 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
what does it mean sale starts in 2 days? will it be lower then?
[OP]
Mar 27, 2013
82 posts
879 upvotes
juinny wrote: Link isn't working. Goes straight to "cannot be shipped to Canada"

Not sure why mine is working