Hot Deals

[Aliexpress] Pre Order Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Smart Bracelet 4 Color AMOLED Screen - C$45.96 / C$41.82 With Code (New Users) 

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 1:57 pm
Banned
Feb 1, 2012
87 posts
33 upvotes
BROSSARD
not clear if blood pressure sensor or not ...and if this is "trustable" ..
[OP]
Mar 27, 2013
82 posts
879 upvotes
kwong14 wrote: what does it mean sale starts in 2 days? will it be lower then?

Don't know could be because it was released today
Sep 16, 2011
235 posts
198 upvotes
Lethbridge
Man, I love these bands. I started with a Mi Band 2, wore it until the Band 4 came out so I'm using that now.
Nov 5, 2006
913 posts
3889 upvotes
I just want to play my music without having to take my cell phone. Can this do that?

If it's not clear, I know nothing about these smart watches. 🤣🤣Dizzy Face
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1279 posts
1162 upvotes
Hongcouver
I went from Gen 2 to Gen 3, then to Gen 4 earlier this year, I can truly say there is no difference other than colour on the new display. I can probably keep my Gen 4 until it breaks and probably get Gen 28 at the rate they come out with these......

However, if you don't own one and wants to get into the fitness game (which.... I was convinced I was gonna start and for some reason I ended up gaining even more weight.... God damn COVID), this watch is unbeatable for the price and very reliable. Never had a single problem with it, other than I hate the fact I have to use their software (which i also synced to Google).
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Oct 26, 2003
803 posts
51 upvotes
Ottawa
Crazy value for the price, no clue how Fitbits are selling for so much.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13168 posts
4828 upvotes
Toronto, ON
coopercold wrote: I just want to play my music without having to take my cell phone. Can this do that?

The band doesn't pay music, but you can control music playback on your phone.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1378 posts
485 upvotes
DealPanda wrote: I went from Gen 2 to Gen 3, then to Gen 4 earlier this year, I can truly say there is no difference other than colour on the new display. I can probably keep my Gen 4 until it breaks and probably get Gen 28 at the rate they come out with these......

However, if you don't own one and wants to get into the fitness game (which.... I was convinced I was gonna start and for some reason I ended up gaining even more weight.... God damn COVID), this watch is unbeatable for the price and very reliable. Never had a single problem with it, other than I hate the fact I have to use their software (which i also synced to Google).
We also have the MB 2 and MB 4. The biggest difference is the battery life. The color display really drains the battery much quicker. We are lucky to get 1 week for the MB 4 whereas I could get 3-4 weeks on the MB 2. This MB 5 with the bigger display is going to drain it much quicker.

We also have the honor band 5 which I think is on par with the Mi band 4. For $40 cad shipped, they are great value compare to my old Garmin vivos.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1378 posts
485 upvotes
coopercold wrote: I just want to play my music without having to take my cell phone. Can this do that?

You need to pay around $300 for a smart watch that plays music like the Garmin vivoactive 3 music. You also get GPS which is missing on these Mi band trackers.
Some of the newer Amazfit watches also have mp3 built in although I never look at them after my Amazfit bip popped. They are the cheaper alternatives.
Sep 19, 2012
381 posts
189 upvotes
Kitchener
How well does this work if I was to mainly use it for notification/phone calls linked to my phone, and maybe sleep tracking?
Nov 14, 2006
267 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal
General comment.

I have not receive any of my orders since mid March from Aliexpress. If you do choose to order from Aliexpress at this time, the delayed delivery time (China Post or Aliexpress Standard Shipping) should be accounted.

Incidentally, UPS within Canada (Old Navy orders) is also matching terrible Canada Post delivery metric these days...
Mar 1, 2012
830 posts
549 upvotes
tkddad wrote: Good luck getting your order in less than 2-3 months if at all even with AE standard shipping. Lots of us are still waiting for our order from March/April.

Someone claimed that AE sided with the sellers on 3 of her orders since the tracking showed that the orders were shipped so you might not even get your money back.

Prior to Covid 19, I have had no issues with AE.

how-long-aliexpress-shipping-these-days-2381932/2/

It's partly Canada Post's fault but now is just not a good time to buy anything from AE.

canada-post-really-backed-up-2369864/
AE sided with the seller when I got shipped a fake item. Seller won't stop harassing me with messages because I gave the lowest rating possible. Out $30 and AE is full on scam zone. Still waiting on some items that haven't arrived in 4 months. AE is garbage.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2752 posts
2033 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RiCHC3 wrote: I bought Gen2 and unless there were some significant improvements...

Heart rate monitor is inaccurate and isn't continuous, Mi software is terriBad & depending on your needs you may need to buy 3rd party software to get more advanced stats, but you still need both it and Mi installed and running, band prone to breaking and expect to wait a couple months for a crummy Aliexpress replacement that will break in an even shorter timeframe.

If you just need a step counter, watch, and receive notifications from your phone then you're all good though.
I have the Mi Band 4 and I did need to install the Mi software on my phone just to change the language from Chinese to English. After that was done I uninstalled it and installed a utility called "Notify and Fitness" from Google Play. It controls and reports stats on all functions of the Mi Band, interfaces with Sleep as Android, and keeps a fairly accurate record of my sleep (the only problem is if I get up and take more than several steps and go back to bed, it sometimes stops tracking at that point; but Sleep as Android correctly shows it as a wake period and continues tracking). And since that's all I use it for, all I can say about its accuracy in tracking steps is that it was inaccurate when I got it, but I Googled it and found it was easy to tweak some setting and that made it pretty accurate. But that was about a year ago and I don't use it for that, so I can't say if it's still accurate to this day.

One thing I will say is that the battery level is way too small and very hard to read, especially with sleepy eyes. You can install other watch faces (lots of mods available or make your own) but custom ones use more battery than stock. But the Notify and Fitness util has a widget that shows the band's battery level at a readable size on your phone.
Jan 13, 2009
599 posts
230 upvotes
OakAged wrote: and since that's all I use it for
really? you don't use it as an alarm clock? you should try it
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4450 posts
1684 upvotes
Masernaut wrote: AE sided with the seller when I got shipped a fake item. Seller won't stop harassing me with messages because I gave the lowest rating possible. Out $30 and AE is full on scam zone. Still waiting on some items that haven't arrived in 4 months. AE is garbage.
Didn't do a credit card chargeback? I assume you'd get banned from AE though.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: