Hot Deals

[Aliexpress] Pre Order Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Smart Bracelet 4 Color AMOLED Screen - C$45.96 / C$41.82 With Code (New Users) 

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 1:57 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1433 posts
550 upvotes
I'm happy enough with the miband 4. My only complaint is if you bought the chinese version, you have that obnoxious QR code thing pop up. I mostly use mine to control my phones mp3 player app, and if you wake it up by swiping the wrong way it'll send you to the alipay section of the band, even though that only works in China. No way to disable it, that i know of.(If i had bought the proper international version, regardless of which way i swiped, it would open the phones media player controls)
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2752 posts
2033 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DealPanda wrote: I went from Gen 2 to Gen 3, then to Gen 4 earlier this year, I can truly say there is no difference other than colour on the new display. I can probably keep my Gen 4 until it breaks and probably get Gen 28 at the rate they come out with these......

However, if you don't own one and wants to get into the fitness game (which.... I was convinced I was gonna start and for some reason I ended up gaining even more weight.... God damn COVID), this watch is unbeatable for the price and very reliable. Never had a single problem with it, other than I hate the fact I have to use their software (which i also synced to Google).
Actually the screen size and resolution has increased with each generation, and you don't have to use their software. Last year when I looked into it there were two other options, and the one called "Notify and Fitness" is the one I chose and it works fine.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2752 posts
2033 upvotes
Toronto, ON
elfion wrote: really? you don't use it as an alarm clock? you should try it
Actually I did use it for a morning alarm one week last year when I was babysitting my niece & nephew and getting them off to school. It does work great for that; don't even need any sound. I forgot about that because usually I don't use an alarm.
Dec 24, 2007
420 posts
123 upvotes
Vancouver
This isn't the global version. Aren't we supposed to be buying the global version for proper NFC?
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1182 posts
100 upvotes
Does the NFC work with google pay?
if not will stick with the 4
Oct 18, 2009
78 posts
33 upvotes
tkddad wrote: We also have the MB 2 and MB 4. The biggest difference is the battery life. The color display really drains the battery much quicker. We are lucky to get 1 week for the MB 4 whereas I could get 3-4 weeks on the MB 2. This MB 5 with the bigger display is going to drain it much quicker.

We also have the honor band 5 which I think is on par with the Mi band 4. For $40 cad shipped, they are great value compare to my old Garmin vivos.
wow, I still get 1 month or more battery life with my miband 4. Never had an issue with battery life.
Jan 28, 2008
308 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
i own a miband 4, and it is the best thing ever. I would strongly recommend.
I've also looked at this miband 5, but I could not find a big difference.
and found that the miband 5 has less battery life (6 days less) compared to miband 4.
With miband4 priced at $32 CAD, while miband5 priced at $45, I would stick with miband 4.
Oct 22, 2012
195 posts
57 upvotes
out east
I've had every iteration of these except the 4 (my mom has one) and I find that for the money they are an excellent value. I'm debating on grabbing one to upgrade my 3 that still looks and works great. My phone is always on silent and with this I never miss a call. I recently got in on the Guess Wear one that was on here for a more formal looking watch. But I still almost like the mi band better. I get around 14 days per charge on my 2 year old mi band 3. The app works a lot better on the mi band 3 than it did on the 2. Makes it so you no longer need the 3rd party app. The find you phone feature sure does come in handy for someone as absent minded and I am!
Nov 14, 2006
267 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal
dealMig wrote: I've had every iteration of these except the 4 (my mom has one) and I find that for the money they are an excellent value. I'm debating on grabbing one to upgrade my 3 that still looks and works great. My phone is always on silent and with this I never miss a call. I recently got in on the Guess Wear one that was on here for a more formal looking watch. But I still almost like the mi band better. I get around 14 days per charge on my 2 year old mi band 3. The app works a lot better on the mi band 3 than it did on the 2. Makes it so you no longer need the 3rd party app. The find you phone feature sure does come in handy for someone as absent minded and I am!
Ditto on Miband 3 longevity and usefulness. I wear it as a step tracker, sleep status monitor, and email/text/phone alert device with my regular automatic watch on the other wrist. Did not find 4 with colour display a useful upgrade, so I stick with 3 but a new rubber band for less than $2 from eBay. Really impressed with Mi band 3 for the money.
Sep 30, 2011
59 posts
43 upvotes
Thanks OP, just ordered, came to 40CAD and some cents, shipping included, using the first time buyer coupon.
Will probably be August before will arrive but for the price, it's fine. I still use a Mi Band 2, works flawlessly but probably is time for an upgrade.
Being the China version I hope won't be an issue to have it in English. Don't care about NFC.
Feb 6, 2013
23 posts
5 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I'd recommend most people to wait for the international version. It'll come with NFC (for credit cards, I believe only Mastercard is supported rn) and Alexa integration (you can speak to it, and it'll write back; it doesnt have a speaker, but has a mic). For about the same price (and it'll probs take just as long to get here), you'll get some more useful features
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3286 posts
2054 upvotes
Toronto
I've been using the.Mi Band 4 for a year now and I love it. Literally just finished a workout using it.

I use a 3rd party app called "Notify & Fitness for Mi Band" which allows you to sync to other apps like Strava.
Apr 10, 2011
187 posts
19 upvotes
I had the 3 and now the 4. I use it mainly to receive my SMS while my phone is silent. It's also cheap and the battery last forever (for a watch)

Will buy the Global variant when it release
Dec 15, 2017
33 posts
16 upvotes
the mi band 4 has some really annoying bugs. No matter what you set the brightness to, it resets itself to dim within a day or two. And there is no way to change the alarm on the watch itself. It comes preset on 7am everyday. You can turn it off but it also turns itself back on for no good reason. Even though I have a redmi phone I cannot change these alarm times.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)