Hot Deals

[Aliexpress] Pre Order Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Smart Bracelet 4 Color AMOLED Screen - C$45.96 / C$41.82 With Code (New Users) 

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 1:57 pm
Nov 5, 2006
914 posts
3889 upvotes
Bruddah wrote: I'd recommend most people to wait for the international version. It'll come with NFC (for credit cards, I believe only Mastercard is supported rn) and Alexa integration (you can speak to it, and it'll write back; it doesnt have a speaker, but has a mic). For about the same price (and it'll probs take just as long to get here), you'll get some more useful features
The Global Version is now listed for more than the China version. It doesn't say anything on the listing about NFC. How do I know I'll get NFC? My phone doesn't have NFC so it would be super handy to have it on the watch for contactless payments.
May 3, 2020
5 posts
I'm a happy owner of Mi band 4, but Xiaomi broke something after update on June 5 2020. Read recent comments for Mi Fit app in Google Play. The battery lasts for ~20 days, awesome.
Feb 6, 2013
23 posts
5 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
coopercold wrote: The Global Version is now listed for more than the China version. It doesn't say anything on the listing about NFC. How do I know I'll get NFC? My phone doesn't have NFC so it would be super handy to have it on the watch for contactless payments.
For the Chinese version, there's an NFC version and a non-NFC version (the cheaper one). If it doesn't say NFC then it doesn't have it. Currently, the internet seems to suggest that the global version will have the features I stated (Chinese NFC version won't work outside of China. It'll also have Xiaomi Xi All as the assistant instead of Amazon Alexa)
Aug 12, 2011
377 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
Doesn't track any of: hockey, basketball, soccer, football, baseball, tennis, badminton, skiing, showboarding :(
The Google based ones have these. Sports that we actually play...
Sep 24, 2017
133 posts
79 upvotes
Vancouver
Not to hijack this thread. Mi band 5 is a good fitness band, but I am looking for a band with gps feature like the huawei band 4 pro. Is there any difference between the huawei pro on the Aliexpress and Staples Canada?
Nov 7, 2003
919 posts
290 upvotes
Gonna wait for the Global Version... my el-cheapo tracker is getting annoying :P

Thanks for the info everyone.
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2009
1264 posts
269 upvotes
Anybody got a current recommendation on a deal?
Sep 24, 2017
133 posts
79 upvotes
Vancouver
Starting this morning for two days, some vendors of AliExpress has a flash sale for this item for less than $40.
Dec 9, 2003
322 posts
138 upvotes
I'm still on the MB2 and i'm still getting around 3-4 weeks of battery life on it many many years later. MB 5 has a ton of great new features but the realistic battery life of about 1 week is certainly a blow. Its actually got a smaller batter vs the MB4
Sep 30, 2011
59 posts
43 upvotes
Just got mine about a week ago, bought it at the time this thread was started. It came faster than expected. Big upgrade from MB2, lots of new features, definitely better connectivity, even Mi App works better now. Battery so far holds fine with all the features at max. For $40 you cannot beat this.
Nov 7, 2003
919 posts
290 upvotes
elusivest wrote: Just got mine about a week ago, bought it at the time this thread was started. It came faster than expected. Big upgrade from MB2, lots of new features, definitely better connectivity, even Mi App works better now. Battery so far holds fine with all the features at max. For $40 you cannot beat this.
So you have the Chinese version set to English?

I'm still wondering if it's worth waiting till the Global version comes out....
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Aug 9, 2017
175 posts
602 upvotes
GTA
Got mine today. Pretty neat, and is certainly bright. With my mi band 2, it was a problem looking at it outside, but doesn't seem to be an issue with this model. My only complain is that if you want to have anime faces on it, you would need to change the language on your phone (not the mi fit app) to Chinese. The market had a few free evangelion, detective conan and miku hatsune faces.
325i wrote: So you have the Chinese version set to English?

And yeah, I believe the version I got is Chinese. The box and the watch were in Chinese, but I was able to change the language to English in the app.
Images
  • 20200713_143929.jpg
Sep 30, 2011
59 posts
43 upvotes
325i wrote: So you have the Chinese version set to English?

It is the Chinese version but once you change the language in Mi App, everything goes to English. I was a little worried about being Chinese version but no issues whatsoever. Mi App also shows a lot more features once paired with the phone
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2009
1264 posts
269 upvotes
Has the global version actually come out, and is that a must?