Hot Deals

[Aliexpress] Pre Order Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Smart Bracelet 4 Color AMOLED Screen - C$45.96 / C$41.82 With Code (New Users) 

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 1:57 pm
Nov 7, 2003
919 posts
290 upvotes
Looks like the global version is missing NFC and the blood oxygen sensor.

Curious, for those of you with the chinese version, are these features still active when you change the language?

Thanks!!
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1764 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto
How good is mi band 4/5 in reconnecting if the phone is not around? And generally anyone experience disconnect at times?
Jun 15, 2020
134 posts
138 upvotes
Ontario
Gangsta101 wrote: something the Huawei fails to do (why would i want to manually tell it i am working out?)
I'm confused? How spontaneous are your workouts that you can't find the time to swipe a couple of screens to start the workout?
Nov 30, 2016
522 posts
580 upvotes
Mississauga
MrBear2019 wrote: I'm confused? How spontaneous are your workouts that you can't find the time to swipe a couple of screens to start the workout?
Neutral Face These things are called features, a device either has it or it doesn't. You'll find this particular "feature" baked into the OS for wearables from Apple, Samsung and Fitbit. So it isn't out of place to do a comparison with other devices.

One more thing ... it's kinda weird to have you quote me in 2 different threads within minutes of each other. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jun 15, 2020
134 posts
138 upvotes
Ontario
Gangsta101 wrote: Neutral Face These things are called features, a device either has it or it doesn't. You'll find this particular "feature" baked into the OS for wearables from Apple, Samsung and Fitbit. So it isn't out of place to do a comparison with other devices.

One more thing ... it's kinda weird to have you quote me in 2 different threads within minutes of each other. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I was mostly asking because you specifically said "why would I want to manually tell it I am working out?" I get that it's a missing feature but it doesn't feel as important as you make it out to be.

And yeah, that is strange. We are all RFD addicts, it seems :(
Nov 30, 2016
522 posts
580 upvotes
Mississauga
MrBear2019 wrote:

And yeah, that is strange. We are all RFD addicts, it seems :(
I swear my wife just called me that. I'm going to have to do something about it
Sep 30, 2011
59 posts
43 upvotes
325i wrote: Looks like the global version is missing NFC and the blood oxygen sensor.

Curious, for those of you with the chinese version, are these features still active when you change the language?

Thanks!!
Have the Chinese version for few weeks now. No NFC, is not something I'm interested in but I'm pretty sure I didn't see it as option. Blood oxygen not sure what it is so I'd say it does not have it, unless is Breathing feature which is present along with Stress. Stress is pretty weird, it identified correctly during some...stressful work task.
All in all, very happy with it, battery life much shorter than MB2, about two weeks but having all the features at max. explains it. The new charging cable works like a charm, no need to remove the device from strap, the magnet charging thing jumps right into place at first try.
Sep 30, 2011
59 posts
43 upvotes
azybcxrfd wrote: How good is mi band 4/5 in reconnecting if the phone is not around? And generally anyone experience disconnect at times?
Never have reconnecting issues, MB2 had sometimes but I suspect it depends on the phone's OS not the band itself.
I "manage" a MB5 on a Huawei Android phone and the modified OS requires some extra permissions. An Amazfit Bip on stock Android(one) was a breeze to set.
Lately started using Notify and Fitness app an is growing on me compared to the official Mi app.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1764 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto
So folks ordered from Ali and did received it? May want to pull trigger to buy from link posted here.
Oct 28, 2007
173 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Is there still a brief pause for the media controls to load?
Aug 10, 2011
38 posts
4 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Anyone ordered smartwatch on AE in late April and not yet received it as of now?
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4816 posts
1348 upvotes
sx8856 wrote: Anyone ordered smartwatch on AE in late April and not yet received it as of now?
On a related note, anyone order from GB and receive one lately? Ordered a couple weeks ago and really want to try it out
Feb 16, 2007
208 posts
154 upvotes
azybcxrfd wrote: How good is mi band 4/5 in reconnecting if the phone is not around? And generally anyone experience disconnect at times?
I have the MB4, I've not had issues with any rogue disconnects from the phone and when it does reconnect, it does so without having to do anything manually.
Sep 30, 2011
59 posts
43 upvotes
azybcxrfd wrote: So folks ordered from Ali and did received it? May want to pull trigger to buy from link posted here.
Mine arrived in about two weeks, maybe three after ordering it from the OP link, vendor from Hong Kong