Hot Deals

[Aliexpress] Pre Order Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Smart Bracelet 4 Color AMOLED Screen - C$45.96 / C$41.82 With Code (New Users) 

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 1:57 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4031 posts
919 upvotes
Hamilton
So which one is best for us Canadians?
Chinese or global model??
It'll be my first smart watch. Seems like a good price to try one out.
Edit
Some research.
Nfc on CN.
Useless to get. Can't use it out of China.
CN vs global.
I think I'd like CN. Not only is it a bit cheaper. But has some extra feats that you may use that helps with sleep tracking.
Also has a mic that is useless out of China.

I see no reason to get the global pay extra and have less features. Unless you need languages like Russian or Spanish instead of eng/cn
Apr 5, 2009
179 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
CN version is $39. Is Global version worth $49?
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4813 posts
1345 upvotes
joshmxpx wrote: On a related note, anyone order from GB and receive one lately? Ordered a couple weeks ago and really want to try it out
Got mine this week, loving it so far. 4 days on so far and at 52% battery, not as good as my Amazfit Bip, but much better than my wife's Versa 2.

Go it dialed in with Mi Band Tools app, works great so far, only con I'd say is that the screen is much smaller width wise so notifications are harder to read than the Bip, but definately a great device at half the price
Jul 30, 2016
556 posts
175 upvotes
OP - I am getting this when I clicked on the link? I’m in downtown Toronto Crying Face
Images
  • 3FCB5208-B346-4865-8F20-6F97745E9813.png
Jul 19, 2010
3 posts
3 upvotes
iamagtaguy wrote: OP - I am getting this when I clicked on the link? I’m in downtown Toronto Crying Face
Change it to Canada lol
Nov 26, 2006
676 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
A few questions:

1. Which version has NFC? I'm seeing both "CN" and "Global" with "NO NFC" tags on the seller's images.

2. Does the voice assistant change to Alexa when you change language to the English version or is that only in the Global version?

3. Does the voice assistant in the CN version let you use English for voice control?

Thanks.

EDIT: Also, how does it compare to the Huawei Honor Band 5? Honor Band 5 seems to have SpO2 and GPS tracking and is apparently more accurate, but has a worse battery life and UI/customization.
Last edited by pricecheck on Aug 1st, 2020 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 30, 2016
556 posts
175 upvotes
Thanks OP. Created a new account and got it for $36.96

I used nike band many years ago and recently used phone tracker app and I hope this will motivate me to walk moreeeeee
Images
  • E0E9183A-43CC-4E93-A1E5-2D83136E8AAA.png
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19974 posts
13230 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
joshmxpx wrote: Got mine this week, loving it so far. 4 days on so far and at 52% battery, not as good as my Amazfit Bip, but much better than my wife's Versa 2.
Got my Bip when they first came out. So now two or three years later it's still working fine and the battery still gets 30 to 40 days on a charge, even with continuous HR monitoring. (Currently shows 63% after 12 days.) That long battery life alone is worth spending twice the price.

There's even a new version, Amazfit Bip S, but it's only a minor tweak of the original. This is what I'll buy If my original Bip ever fails.
veni, vidi, Visa
Nov 30, 2015
96 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Cheap enough to prompt me to pull the trigger. Also saved me an additional $10 or so compared to the cheapest one I could find on Ali Express yesterday.

Thanks OP!