Hot Deals

[AliExpress] Roborock S50 / S55 robotic vacuum cleaner (vacuum and mop) - US$337.49

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2019 8:44 am
[OP]
Dec 27, 2017
222 posts
71 upvotes

Roborock S50 / S55 robotic vacuum cleaner (vacuum and mop) - US$337.49

Deal Link:
Price:
US$337.49
Expiry:
November 13, 2019
Retailer:
AliExpress
The Roborock S50 / S55 is on sale for 11.11. today for US$337.49 (~CAD$450) with free DHL shipping, so expect duties/taxes.

Not super hot, but I think a decent deal.
26 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
2021 posts
1016 upvotes
Mississauga
eljay0 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2019 12:51 pm
The Roborock S50 / S55 is on sale for 11.11. today for US$337.49 (~CAD$450) with free DHL shipping, so expect duties/taxes.

Not super hot, but I think a decent deal.
Yeah, I noticed it last night. But it is like only 20 odd Dollars discounted from what it usually sells for and add duties on top of that. I decided to hold off for now.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2017
222 posts
71 upvotes
IndyBeak wrote:
Nov 11th, 2019 12:53 pm
Yeah, I noticed it last night. But it is like only 20 odd Dollars discounted from what it usually sells for and add duties on top of that. I decided to hold off for now.
Do you think there will be better deals on it around BF or Christmas now that S6 is out?

I am ready to buy, but can hold off as it's not an immediate must-have item.
Nov 22, 2016
39 posts
15 upvotes
eljay0 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2019 1:29 pm
Do you think there will be better deals on it around BF or Christmas now that S6 is out?

I was hoping to buy an S4, but cant seem to find any listed anywhere.
I ended up getting an S5Max from GB

I assume they'll phase out the S5 soon now that they have the S6 and the newly released S5 Max... probably around early next year.

I've never ordered from gear best before... what can I expect in terms of taxes/duties?
Sep 28, 2006
638 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
I'm trying to figure out whether to get it now too. What's a 'good' price for this product?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1132 posts
149 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
I'm under the impression that Gear Best (interesting that if you make that name one word, it's censored on RFD) charges for shipping but you aren't likely going to be stuck with additional duties/taxes like you would be with the free DHL shipping from Aliexpress. The S5Max was just released for sale yesterday I believe, that model would be the best suited for me but at least another $150 Cdn. Can we be confident the S5Max model being sold now will be fully functional in Canada?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
2021 posts
1016 upvotes
Mississauga
eljay0 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2019 1:29 pm

Same here. Robo vacuum is just an added convenience for us as well. With a toddler starting to run around the house, we ideally want at least kitchen and a few other areas which get most of the foot traffic to be vacuumed everyday. I would hold at this point. At worst, you won't get that 20$ additional discount. But with DHL, you are getting dinged anyway. I think I am going to wait a little longer and order with a seller which uses snail mail as that is most likely to avoid getting dinged for duties.
Jun 19, 2013
7 posts
11 upvotes
Vaughan
Ctrl-Z wrote:
Nov 11th, 2019 2:05 pm
I'm under the impression that Gear Best (interesting that if you make that name one word, it's censored on RFD) charges for shipping but you aren't likely going to be stuck with additional duties/taxes like you would be with the free DHL shipping from Aliexpress. The S5Max was just released for sale yesterday I believe, that model would be the best suited for me but at least another $150 Cdn. Can we be confident the S5Max model being sold now will be fully functional in Canada?
I just bought the S5 (not max) from G***Best yesterday night after doing a few hours of research. I read through a few reviews and didn't see any/much people get dinged by the customs. People's experience on G***Best seems to be a hit or miss but the vendor with the sale seems reputable. Only problem is that there is no warranty but I don't believe you'll be covered if you purchase through Amazon anyways.

If you buy, skip the "shipping guarantee" as you'll be covered through credit card/paypal. Also, Rakuten has 1% cashback.
Sep 3, 2018
61 posts
167 upvotes
I bought the Roborock S50 last 11/11 sale from Aliexpress for abour $490CAD and got dinged another ~$40 custom.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2017
222 posts
71 upvotes
jl7421 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2019 3:31 pm
I just bought the S5 (not max) from G***Best yesterday night after doing a few hours of research. I read through a few reviews and didn't see any/much people get dinged by the customs. People's experience on G***Best seems to be a hit or miss but the vendor with the sale seems reputable. Only problem is that there is no warranty but I don't believe you'll be covered if you purchase through Amazon anyways.

If you buy, skip the "shipping guarantee" as you'll be covered through credit card/paypal. Also, Rakuten has 1% cashback.
Thanks. What was your total through GB?
Sep 26, 2019
14 posts
2 upvotes
Montreal,QC
jl7421 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2019 3:31 pm

can you please give me the link to the product/vendor?
Jun 19, 2013
7 posts
11 upvotes
Vaughan
eljay0 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2019 3:47 pm
Thanks. What was your total through GB?
$485.49 (with a $3 Paypal credit)
Jun 19, 2013
7 posts
11 upvotes
Vaughan
puscasuvasile636554926884440997 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2019 3:51 pm
can you please give me the link to the product/vendor?
https://www.****best.com/robot-vacuum/pp_954639.html?wid=1349303

Replace **** with gear, since its censored on RFD
Dec 15, 2008
102 posts
108 upvotes
I bought the S5 about a month and a half ago for $490 plus 60 dollar duties from Banggood so $550 all in. They all use DHL and everyone in the thread at the time was also hit with duty charges. Great vacuum, but keep in mind the S5 doesn't do assigned room, you can pick a zone etc and then go clean but can't add that zone to the schedule. For the S4 and S6 you can. S5 has mopping feature but it is completely over rated, just drags a wet cloth over your floors and better done by hand anyway. Its like Roborock is deliberately hampering some features so that people spend the extra bucks getting the S6.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2017
222 posts
71 upvotes
TorontoR wrote:
Nov 11th, 2019 5:04 pm
I bought the S5 about a month and a half ago for $490 plus 60 dollar duties from Banggood so $550 all in. They all use DHL and everyone in the thread at the time was also hit with duty charges. Great vacuum, but keep in mind the S5 doesn't do assigned room, you can pick a zone etc and then go clean but can't add that zone to the schedule. For the S4 and S6 you can. S5 has mopping feature but it is completely over rated, just drags a wet cloth over your floors and better done by hand anyway. Its like Roborock is deliberately hampering some features so that people spend the extra bucks getting the S6.
The ads show it doing kind of a back and forth motion when mopping. I wouldn't expect to be as good as big mop that gets rinsed every few feet, but is it good enough for light mop up after it does its vacuuming? I find that vaccums with only suck up attachments leave a layer of fine dust behind vs those vacuums that have a roller/beater brush with microfiber on the roller.