Shopping Discussion

AliExpress Shipping experience for Canadians

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2020 5:25 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1042 posts
468 upvotes
Magister wrote: I got 3 refunds for orders I made around May that I didn't receive, so YMMV
Early on with AE, about three years ago they were helpful for the initial fraudulent description. The other two weren't so straightforward for items never received. I had to request a charge-back from my credit card company. Then there was one time when the amount my bill of sale (invoice) showed completely different amounts than what was on my gross amount on my credit card statement. I disputed that as well with my bank. I gained a new "friend" from Aliexpress as they kept on calling me friend and dear though. The last incident happened was last December.
Dec 6, 2012
397 posts
186 upvotes
Montréal, QC
sheyenne wrote: What are the latest regular shipping services one should avoid?

I know many who have never received anything when sent by SunYou Economic Air Mail and Yanwen Economic Air Mail.
I just received last week 2 parcels I ordered in April/May, so 100+ days, using free shipping (yanwen mostly), but lastly when I order on AE, I select the seller that can offer AEShipping or ePacket/EMS, everything tracked. I ordered 2x Mi Band 5, 3x set of light for Lego, All received in 15 to 30 days. Even one got here in 10 days.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5845 posts
1353 upvotes
CP just delivered my package to Airdrie. Edmonton, Airdrie... close enough. Only missed the location by 270km...

⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
Jun 2, 2002
462 posts
167 upvotes
rf134a wrote: CP just delivered my package to Airdrie. Edmonton, Airdrie... close enough. Only missed the location by 270km...
It's not CP. This means the seller fake-shipped your order by providing a tracking # for another order they had going elsewhere.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18507 posts
26528 upvotes
ONTARIO
BobSagget wrote: One of my latest orders shipped on Sept. 14th through ePacket. Scanned in and shipped out of Xiamen, China with no other stops anywhere. As of the 21st, already shows it's now in Richmond, BC awaiting review.
A slightly earlier order (shipped Sept. 8th) also through ePacket seems to be taking longer though. This one has moved through like 4 different cities in China before finally being sent to the airlines.

Luoyang --> Zhengzhou --> Beijing --> Shanghai --> airlines. Quite a few stops along the way!

No updates yet from Canada Post though.
To update on these 2 packages I mentioned earlier.

Sept 14th ePacket order was delivered back on October 1st.
Sept 8th ePacket order arrived in BC on October 4th and moved pretty quickly to Mississauga. However now it's just been sitting in Mississauga now for about 5-6 days. Hopefully it finally comes this week!

Just made 2 more orders this morning. Nothing actually shipped yet just, but one is to be shipped by ePacket and another with UBI. Curious to see how fast they end up coming. I know the UBI parcels are usually 2x as fast as ePacket.
Back in July I had a parcel ship via UBI that went from China to BC to Ontario in 6 days.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18507 posts
26528 upvotes
ONTARIO
man eff sellers who have free shipping via "epacket" stated on their product page and then use something different when it comes time to ship.

My latest "epacket" order is now shipped with YANWEN. Probably never arrive.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5845 posts
1353 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: My latest "epacket" order is now shipped with YANWEN. Probably never arrive.
I haven't seen Yanwen as a shipping method in a while. Virtually everything has a small charge to ship via "Cainao super economy for special goods". Let's see how long it takes that to get here.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1415 posts
509 upvotes
I have been using aliexpress standard shipping the last few times and everything has been arriving in less than 3 weeks, to Toronto. My current item I am waiting for was ordered on October 7th and is currently in Mississauga now. Hopefully I will get it early next week.

On another topic I had ordered 1 item and paid for extra shipping for aliexpress standard shipping, which is trackable. So I get my tracking number and have been looking at it everyday for 3 weeks and still no update after left country of origin.

One day I was checking mail and my package was in the mailbox, 3 weeks or so after I ordered. So I looked at my tracking information and it was still in left country of origin. Then I looked and they sent it with China registered mail. Honestly it came pretty but I did complain to them about me paying for the extra shipping, and they refunded me after.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5845 posts
1353 upvotes
Just got a package delivered via 4x Singpost. Label shows April 8 and delivered yesterday... So, only 190 days or so for shipping via Singpost.

Also got a Cainao package mailed 9/24 and also delivered yesterday, so 21 days for the super economy shipping is as fast as registered China Post.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18507 posts
26528 upvotes
ONTARIO
rf134a wrote: I haven't seen Yanwen as a shipping method in a while. Virtually everything has a small charge to ship via "Cainao super economy for special goods". Let's see how long it takes that to get here.
The item that shipped via yanwen now mentions a 16-digit number in the tracking. Is that a Canada Post tracking number there?
I didn't think yanwen parcels would be trackable in Canada like UBI or epacket.

The number does not work at all yet, but curious if it might later on. See what I mean in the picture. I blacked out the potential Canada Post tracking #
Images
  • yanwen.png
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5845 posts
1353 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: The item that shipped via yanwen now mentions a 16-digit number in the tracking. Is that a Canada Post tracking number there?
I didn't think yanwen parcels would be trackable in Canada like UBI or epacket.

The number does not work at all yet, but curious if it might later on. See what I mean in the picture. I blacked out the potential Canada Post tracking #
No, it doesn't seem to work anywhere. Only 1/16 or so Yanwen package has ever arrived for me.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18507 posts
26528 upvotes
ONTARIO
rf134a wrote: No, it doesn't seem to work anywhere. Only 1/16 or so Yanwen package has ever arrived for me.
What's very strange is that tracking number actually does show up in Canada Post now with "Electronic information submitted by shipper".
However 1-2 days ago, that entire line mentioning "Last mile...." blah blah blah has disappeared from the YANWEN tracking site.

It now just shows the latest update as:

2020-10-15 00:35 Yanwen facility - Outbound

This doesn't instill confidence that I will receive this in the end.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18507 posts
26528 upvotes
ONTARIO
rf134a wrote: I haven't seen Yanwen as a shipping method in a while. Virtually everything has a small charge to ship via "Cainao super economy for special goods". Let's see how long it takes that to get here.
Shipped October 13th and delivered November 2nd. Very surprised.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18507 posts
26528 upvotes
ONTARIO
All my latest AliExpress Standard Shipping orders (within the past 2 weeks) have been using CAINAIO. Seems very quick . Tracking numbers look like Canada Post numbers (400XXXXXXXXXX).
According to the tracking, they hit the airlines in China within 24 hours of shipping and the tracking number starts showing up on Canada Post a day or so later. Don't mean it's actually in Canada yet, but the number starts working (ie "Waiting for item").
Way quicker than when they used that garbage singapore post that took a month to even leave China.

One of them that shipped 15 days ago just came. Not bad at all.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)