Deal Link:
Price:
59.99 USD
Expiry:
December 13, 2019
Retailer:
Aliexpress
a3s.png
Sale happens according to pic Dec 9 to 13.

59.99 USD * 1.33 = $79.79 Canadian Rupees

Dual Sim Plus memory tri slot
3950mAH battery
ANDROID 10
Dual Rear Camera
13MP selfie
Fingerprint ID unlock

The Sads
2GB ram
16GB Storage
720x1440 resolution, 283 PPI
No NFC (i do not really nfc on current phone)
Quick Charge says 5V1A which means almost 3 hours to charge phone full from 0%
33 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3526 posts
1643 upvotes
Given that this is with Ali, you can expect to receive your phone next summer - if you're lucky.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5771 posts
5372 upvotes
txenglan wrote: Given that this is with Ali, you can expect to receive your phone next summer - if you're lucky.
No. Ali averages between 1- 2 months. If you don't receive after 2 months you put a dispute in and get a refund. No biggie.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5771 posts
5372 upvotes
Great band support for the big 3 networks. Avoid for FM.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3526 posts
1643 upvotes
repatch wrote:
No. Ali averages between 1- 2 months. If you don't receive after 2 months you put a dispute in and get a refund. No biggie.
To me, waiting 2 months to get a phone then having to raise a dispute to get my money back is a "biggie". In my view, a hot deal is defined by more dimensions other than just that of monetary cost. My time and sanity is worth more to me. I'm saying all this not only because it represents my view but because I'm tracking at least 4 different AliExpress related threads wherein which people are continually getting upset as a result of not being aware of what they are likely getting themselves into by ordering from AliExpress.
Feb 10, 2006
201 posts
90 upvotes
Rogido wrote: A5 Pro has dropped down to $130CAD with Free Shipping on amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/UMIDIGI-Unlocked- ... 8VQ29YY467

Some of the reviews are kind of troublesome though. Call volume, or lack thereof, seems to be a common complaint. Not sure if that is carrier and network specific.
I would recommend buying from Amazon for same phone available in Canada,
you are protected in terms of shipment, return , refund and customer service,
even if you pay a few dollars more
I experience trouble buying a new phone thru aliexpress, no response from them for failed shipment,
helpless, except you have to wait wait wait 60 days before you can dispute for refund
60 days is too long , you can't do anything, they ignore your complaint
NO business with Aliexpress in future
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13580 posts
3788 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Also, are these UMIDIGI phones actually any good? Any rfd'er has had first hand experience with any of them?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5771 posts
5372 upvotes
Rogido wrote: Also, are these UMIDIGI phones actually any good? Any rfd'er has had first hand experience with any of them?
If you get a good one, they are fantastic. The issue is quality control isn't at the same level as a Tier one manufacturer, to receiving a dud, or a lemon does happen. The problem with Ali is the process to deal with a dud is slow, and the process to deal with a lemon (a phone which works for a while and then starts failing) is basically 'forgetaboutit'.

That's a benefit of buying Amazon, you can return a dud. Lemon you're in the same boat (return to China for repair isn't worth it).

It's a risk, but a low one, most people have had no problems.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2836 posts
416 upvotes
The issue is not Aliexpress,
I think Aliexpress is a great system.
The seller only gets the money once the buyer confirms he received the item.

In this case the problem is Umidigi. Their newer phones are very good but they have a crappy business model and I cant recommend them.
People bought and paid for the Umidigi F2 at the begining of October and Umidigi has not shipped a single unit yet.

In the meantime they are not hyping their third phone since.
Yeah do not recommend.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3526 posts
1643 upvotes
HammerJoe wrote: The issue is not Aliexpress,
I think Aliexpress is a great system.
The seller only gets the money once the buyer confirms he received the item.

In this case the problem is Umidigi. Their newer phones are very good but they have a crappy business model and I cant recommend them.
People bought and paid for the Umidigi F2 at the begining of October and Umidigi has not shipped a single unit yet.

In the meantime they are not hyping their third phone since.
Yeah do not recommend.
It's true that it isn't AliExpress who is solely to blame. The problem I have with them is that the 60-day thing is idiotic and ineffective. They need to be more active and vigilant on behalf of their customers. I'm seeing the same sort of problems in every single AliExpress thread I wander into. This one is a bit different but there are common themes here nonetheless.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12034 posts
1869 upvotes
s12345 wrote: shows C$ 107.02 for me
Written. Sales start Dec 9. It's 3 days before.

Umidigi is a half butt company. I have the power and it's pretty sad. However, at the price and number of signal band, u cannot beat the price...
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13580 posts
3788 upvotes
VANCOUVER
qaz393 wrote: Written. Sales start Dec 9. It's 3 days before.

Umidigi is a half butt company. I have the power and it's pretty sad. However, at the price and number of signal band, u cannot beat the price...
How so, exactly?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12034 posts
1869 upvotes
Rogido wrote: How so, exactly?
mainly dual camera does not really dual camera. makes me wonder why they wanted to say it has dual camera....... other than that its pretty ok. sometimes rotation lock would rotate and i have to enable to tilt back to normal. small stuff. other phones are definately more refined