[Aliexpress] Umidigi A5 Pro smartphone ~$120

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2020 4:27 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1348 posts
86 upvotes
pendragon wrote: I bought one of these and went through ebates as well earlier this evening for the extra %3... paid $117.21 to aliexpress with a new user coupon and some other $8.xx off store coupon...then evenutally ebates will come through furthering lowering the cost
The Russian customers control AliExpress ... see attachment for the explanation
---
I just did a bunch of clicking through the digital vortex and ended up getting the exact same deal as you!
Bought it to replace an aging Galaxy S5 Neo, I hope I don't have this phone for being too damn big!
---------
Payment for Order no. XXXXXXXXX85 has been accepted.
Currently, your payment is 'Being Verified'. After verification, the supplier will begin to process your order.
During this time, you are unable to do any operation on your order.
--------
Order Number:
XXXXXXXXXX85
The supplier is processing your order
Reminder:
Your order will be automatically cancelled if the seller fail to ship your order in 42days 23hours 49minutes 56seconds .
--------
Thanks for shopping at AliExpress
If you made a purchase, Cash Back will be automatically added to your Ebates Cash Back account when the store lets us know about your order. It's really that simple. Start all your shopping at Ebates and rack up the Cash Back.
Images
  • RussiansAreTakingOver.jpg
[Call To Action] ✈ New air travel rules: Canadians are in for a rude awakening🍁

Thank You RFD Community! 🤘
2019: 📶Umidigi A5 Pro, 📱PayTM, 🏧HSBC, 💸Coast Capital, 🚗Turo, 💳Stack Financial, 🍽SkipTheDishes, 🍷LCBO, ✈RBC WestJet
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3123 posts
1834 upvotes
Kitchener
HN12345 wrote: Considering that I teach classes, that's not an option lol. But I think someone swiped it while I was changing and placed it on the bench. You have be a low-life to do something like that, I'm still angered over it! Angry Face
That sucks. Also sucks that I need a gym teacher -- though I blame poor eating habits and beer for my issues.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Nov 8, 2009
119 posts
50 upvotes
People are saying this phone will work on Freedom because it supports the bands required. But to my understanding there are other technicalities that could make it work or not work correctly or some features not work/be supported depending on the Freedom side of things. Can anyone confirm that are using other Umidigi phones on Freedom without issues?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4698 posts
4284 upvotes
whobetta wrote: People are saying this phone will work on Freedom because it supports the bands required. But to my understanding there are other technicalities that could make it work or not work correctly or some features not work/be supported depending on the Freedom side of things. Can anyone confirm that are using other Umidigi phones on Freedom without issues?
Aside from WIFI Calling, and VoLTE, your understanding is wrong. FM isn't some weird proprietary thing.

Yes, when LTE first came out a few phones not sold by FM had trouble on switching back to LTE quickly after dropping to HSPA for a call. Those problems were resolved.

My Xiaomi Note 4, only supporting B4 & 7 on LTE worked fine with FM (would drop to the away network for HSPA when a call came in), within the limitations of no B66 and B13 (data sucked and was basically useless).

As for VoLTE and WIFI calling, Canadian carriers are crap in that they only support those features for phones they sell (and Apple). Don't know what FM does there. My G6 does not get VoLTE, but it is a Telus sourced phone.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10356 posts
2586 upvotes
Scarberia
This is a rare Chinese phone that supports band66 ymmv hopefully it also works with fm volte
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5168 posts
3877 upvotes
repatch wrote:
Aside from WIFI Calling, and VoLTE, your understanding is wrong. FM isn't some weird proprietary thing.

Yes, when LTE first came out a few phones not sold by FM had trouble on switching back to LTE quickly after dropping to HSPA for a call. Those problems were resolved.

My Xiaomi Note 4, only supporting B4 & 7 on LTE worked fine with FM (would drop to the away network for HSPA when a call came in), within the limitations of no B66 and B13 (data sucked and was basically useless).

As for VoLTE and WIFI calling, Canadian carriers are crap in that they only support those features for phones they sell (and Apple). Don't know what FM does there. My G6 does not get VoLTE, but it is a Telus sourced phone.
OnePlus support both but doesn't work in freedom. But there are hacks out there to make that work.

VoLTE is not overrated if you are on a call and still need speedy data access.

WiFi Calling is a godsend when I travel.

Also Freedom has early problem with OP5 until OP update profile for FM. Before the update, you had to manually force the network onto B66 but once it drop back to hspa, it will never automatically go back.

I have learned that if you don't get a phone from carrier, get something that's top 2 or 3 if you want easier time on the network.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13559 posts
4066 upvotes
Toronto
elfion wrote: Has anyone thought about getting umidigi s3 pro? I saw an ad for this phone on aliexpress today before I saw this thread...
I would personally never consider investing $300 USD into this unproven brand, especially when there are very strong options from Xiaomi in that price point. Xiaomi hardware is very reliable and their phones get years of software updates.

$90 USD / $120 CDN is ok for a dice roll but I wouldn't suggest spending hundreds of dollars on their higher end phones until Umidigi has a proven track record of high quality and good support.

I am buying the A5 Pro as a "beater" phone to use for 12-18 months and then resell, I'm very confident that I can get at least $80 Cdn in resale for this in 18 months.
Mar 8, 2015
503 posts
1431 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks OP, Ordered one as my Galaxy S 4 is on its last leg . Hopefully it will work on FM, keeping my fingers crossed.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1288 posts
3681 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Seems like the price went up a few bucks today. Still hot tho
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1288 posts
3681 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
And when I ordered yesterday, this seller only had sold like 2600, now it is up to 10,600 ordered. 8k units in a day or so.
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4698 posts
4284 upvotes
Charwinger21 wrote: As I mentioned though, the real benefit of the G7 series is more frequency bands, official software support for Canadian carriers (VoLTE and VoWIFI),
That is by no means guaranteed. My LG G6 is from a Canadian carrier (Telus), and VoLTE works fine with Telus providers, but I get no VoLTE on Rogers or FM with it.

Only guarantee to get VoLTE is by buying a phone from your carrier.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13559 posts
4066 upvotes
Toronto
Price is now $100 USD less $2 coupon = 98 USD.

That's like 11 bucks CDN higher, glad I ordered two yesterday.
Aug 5, 2008
115 posts
79 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON L4…
I picked one up yesterday night. After seller's coupon, I paid USD$89.37 total cost converted to CAD$119.89 charge on my card. Applying USD$2.68 of Ebates rebate and 4% credit card rebate for foreign currency transaction which is CAD$4.76, all in all it comes to just about CAD$112. Hopefully there will not be any additional delivery customs charges - so far I never had any when receiving goods from AE.
Nov 8, 2013
360 posts
209 upvotes
anyone got a recommendation for a screen cover for this phone?
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13559 posts
4066 upvotes
Toronto
GNKRFD wrote: anyone got a recommendation for a screen cover for this phone?
It comes with one built in. Not sure the quality of the protector.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)