[Aliexpress] Umidigi A5 Pro smartphone ~$120

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2020 4:27 pm
Tags:
Jul 25, 2008
262 posts
68 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Does it only come with the EU power adapter? Thinking about getting one for the nephew for a grad gift..
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13828 posts
4290 upvotes
Toronto
Braunson wrote: Does it only come with the EU power adapter? Thinking about getting one for the nephew for a grad gift..
Probably, but you can use any Blackberry charger, or easily get a micro usb cable and 2.4A power brick from Dollarama.

I use my old 2.4 Amp Blackberry Playbook charger with my Redmi Note 5 and it works great.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13828 posts
4290 upvotes
Toronto
"Breathing Crystal" almost OOS, shows 2 left. I ordered this as it's a cool unusual colour.

Black still has 200+ left.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18355 posts
26186 upvotes
ONTARIO
GNKRFD wrote: anyone got a recommendation for a screen cover for this phone?
Comes with one built in, as well as a faux leather case. Just gotta be careful when pulling off the initial cover that you don't pull off the screen protector as well.
Jul 20, 2003
960 posts
70 upvotes
Surrey
"crystal" is sold out. I bought this and ordered a tempered glass protector and an extra flip case, cost me about $10 more.
Mar 31, 2006
278 posts
87 upvotes
Edmonton
e_speakerca wrote: I picked one up yesterday night. After seller's coupon, I paid USD$89.37 total cost converted to CAD$119.89 charge on my card. Applying USD$2.68 of Ebates rebate and 4% credit card rebate for foreign currency transaction which is CAD$4.76, all in all it comes to just about CAD$112. Hopefully there will not be any additional delivery customs charges - so far I never had any when receiving goods from AE.
Did you choose US currency instead of CAD? I didn't realize you could choose a payment currency on aliexpress.
Banned
Jul 19, 2018
181 posts
77 upvotes
About to place order and total is coming out to USD 105 with DHL shipping and $3 user coupon. Only 200 pieces left so I would act quick. Anything I can do to lower it more?
Oct 22, 2005
803 posts
319 upvotes
Toronto
macthehoser wrote: Did you choose US currency instead of CAD? I didn't realize you could choose a payment currency on aliexpress.
I myself ordered early yesterday and applied some $8.xx coupon and a new user coupon...I however made sure I chose my currency in $CAD and my ccard was charged $117.21....once the ebates come through along with my ccard rebates should bring my cost down even more...should be around $112.xx as the above post.

I also chose to have it delivered to my US mailbox...as I'm usually there every other week...and I notice Aliexpress tends to ship things much faster to US then to Canada...in my experience... will see how long this phone takes because of the presale...... If I ever do order an item such as a cellphone and have it shipped to Canada I never choose DHL...as I notice every single time I've done that I have some customs/brokerage fee to pay DHL but if I choose the super long regular shipping methods 21-30days I have never payed customs when having items shipped to me in Canada.

cheers
Dec 17, 2018
31 posts
78 upvotes
I picked one up, thanks OP (Space Gray only available now). Can always be good for a travel / second phone under $150. Another plus side to this phone is that "it comes stock android".
Currently own the Essential Phone and willing to give this a try.

Specs Info:
https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/043f509a
https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-umidigi-a5-pro

"Flagship" phones these days are over-rated.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1427 posts
4886 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Fast25 wrote: I picked one up, thanks OP (Space Gray only available now). Can always be good for a travel / second phone under $150. Another plus side to this phone is that "it comes stock android".
Currently own the Essential Phone and willing to give this a try.

Specs Info:
https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/043f509a
https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-umidigi-a5-pro

"Flagship" phones these days are over-rated.
Agreed on yer last statement. Flagships are way overrated. There are hundreds of options out there for a quarter of the price of a flagship that do damn near the same. Imo, Samsung is the most overrated phone out there and I say it's tied with any iPhone.
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1427 posts
4886 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Only 88 left on that site.
What's in your wallet?
Jul 25, 2008
262 posts
68 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Just picked one up in CAD, seems the only coupon left is ~$3, but still 133 delivered to my house. Nephew is going to be pumped!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1107 posts
800 upvotes
Toronto
I'm always worried when I see these incredible deals on no-name Android smartphones that there is some form of spyware installed that will steal my passwords or compromise my personal photos. For that reason, I'm out.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1427 posts
4886 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Same spyware on a Samsung
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1427 posts
4886 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Price up to $209 CAD. Good job to those that snagged it up for just over half that.
What's in your wallet?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)