• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2020 4:27 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17937 posts
25047 upvotes
ONTARIO
Spawk1028 wrote: Price up to $209 CAD. Good job to those that snagged it up for just over half that.
Weird it was just showing at $209 CAD for me too, but I refreshed and it was lower again. I guess they fixed it . Makes sense because they said the price was going to be $99 USD from May 23 - 29th.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4681 posts
4264 upvotes
Spawk1028 wrote: Price up to $209 CAD. Good job to those that snagged it up for just over half that.
?? Still showing same price for me.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17937 posts
25047 upvotes
ONTARIO
repatch wrote: ?? Still showing same price for me.
they fixed it. it was temporarily showing $209 (which is $154.99 USD roughly). That is the price the phone will be starting May 30th according to UMIDIGI.
Dec 8, 2008
213 posts
52 upvotes
Ottawa
Bought two.pending credit charge showing approx (251 intotal) thx op
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3123 posts
1834 upvotes
Kitchener
I have to ask:

What all is the appeal to this phone?
Will it be your primary phone? Back-up? I know some mentioned gifts -- but is this ideal for anyone "younger" who might know a thing or two about smartphones?

I will say, from the "looks" department, this phone looks like a winner. But I'd have to wonder about camera quality, build quality, and obviously processor speed.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1492 posts
914 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jeff1970 wrote: I have to ask:

What all is the appeal to this phone?
Price.
jeff1970 wrote: Will it be your primary phone? Back-up?
Price.
jeff1970 wrote: I know some mentioned gifts -- but is this ideal for anyone "younger" who might know a thing or two about smartphones?
Price.
jeff1970 wrote: I will say, from the "looks" department, this phone looks like a winner. But I'd have to wonder about camera quality, build quality, and obviously processor speed.
Price. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

In all honesty, price is driving this buy. It has a decent processor, can handle most tasks. Camera hardware is good. Software is getting there. I just got my third camera update on my F1 Play. As @Gothcake articulated perfectly earlier, it's the perfect parent phone! Face With Tears Of Joy
redflagdeals... buy now, think later.
Dec 8, 2008
213 posts
52 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm bought two as phones I buy tend to only last a year. If it breaks I'll have a spare. I just cracked the screen of my note 5 pro and this will fill the gap til I figure out what I want. Disposable smartphone.
Oct 22, 2005
641 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Wow ..got to hand it to ebates they are getting pretty quick at giving back the rebates recently to me!

Last few times I placed orders for other stuff..I received the rebate same day... for the Umidigi A5 Pro I ordered yesterday for $117.21...they just sent me a ebate rebate of $3.60...less then 24 hours after ordering!!

Makes my complete purchase cost along with my low percentage ccard cash back...for a total of $112.47 all in :)

I'm going to run this as a primary phone for a for a few weeks...the battery life on my Axon 7 is going downhill...can't get a decent replacement battery for it..I just changed it out beginning of March....now back to less then 3hrs. S.O.T :(

These Chinese phones regardless have gotten so much bettery over the last 1-1/2 year...they can now safely imho beat the lower end offering of say LG/Samsug that carriers love to "give away" and also give the mid-range offerings a good run for the money.

cheers!
Banned
Jul 19, 2018
181 posts
77 upvotes
Forgive my ignorance but since it's a presale, how late can I expect to get mine in Canada with DHL?
Oct 22, 2005
641 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
When your on the sale page... Where you choose which color you want etc... Where it's says free shipping... click there... It will bring a drop down with shipping options..one of them is DHL...keep in mind because it's a presale... You won't get yours before they actually start shipping by choosing DHL... But once shipping starts you will get it faster based on the DHL timeline they provide you if you choose to pay for the DHL shipping option
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1286 posts
3671 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
pendragon wrote: When your on the sale page... Where you choose which color you want etc... Where it's says free shipping... click there... It will bring a drop down with shipping options..one of them is DHL...keep in mind because it's a presale... You won't get yours before they actually start shipping by choosing DHL... But once shipping starts you will get it faster based on the DHL timeline they provide you if you choose to pay for the DHL shipping option
And a brokerage fee
What's in your wallet?
Oct 22, 2005
641 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Spawk1028 wrote:
And a brokerage fee
Yeah i figured they saw one of my previous posts earlier talking about experiences ordering cellphones from Aliexpress with the DHL option.... which had my mini rant about not ordering using DHL due to always being charged customs/brokerage fees....
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13559 posts
4066 upvotes
Toronto
pendragon wrote: When your on the sale page... Where you choose which color you want etc... Where it's says free shipping... click there... It will bring a drop down with shipping options..one of them is DHL...keep in mind because it's a presale... You won't get yours before they actually start shipping by choosing DHL... But once shipping starts you will get it faster based on the DHL timeline they provide you if you choose to pay for the DHL shipping option
DHL means brokerage and duties, almost guaranteed, so add another $30 to $40 onto whatever you paid.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13559 posts
4066 upvotes
Toronto
Slimschmee wrote: I'm bought two as phones I buy tend to only last a year. If it breaks I'll have a spare. I just cracked the screen of my note 5 pro and this will fill the gap til I figure out what I want. Disposable smartphone.
I'm upgrading to a Redmi Note 7 from a 5 Pro, and my kid is getting the 5 Pro.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)