• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2020 4:27 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13559 posts
4066 upvotes
Toronto
Still available @ 98 USD after 2 dollar coupon. Both colours available as of this post. They are selling thousands per day, so the sooner you order, the better, otherwise you will be in line behind thousands of people to get yours.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13559 posts
4066 upvotes
Toronto
jeff1970 wrote: I have to ask:

What all is the appeal to this phone?
Will it be your primary phone? Back-up? I know some mentioned gifts -- but is this ideal for anyone "younger" who might know a thing or two about smartphones?

I will say, from the "looks" department, this phone looks like a winner. But I'd have to wonder about camera quality, build quality, and obviously processor speed.
Near stock Android 9, 1080p 6.3 inch screen, acceptable camera and CPU... there's really no competition anywhere near this price. You can't get an Iphone 6 for this price in Canada and that is ancient tech.
Oct 22, 2005
642 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Kurtz7834 wrote:
DHL means brokerage and duties, almost guaranteed, so add another $30 to $40 onto whatever you paid.
Yes that's exactly why i had mentioned in a previous post here why i myself dont use them at all.... dealChimp was asking where the DHL shipping option was located on the aliexpress page...
Nov 8, 2013
360 posts
209 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: DHL means brokerage and duties, almost guaranteed, so add another $30 to $40 onto whatever you paid.
shit wish I had known this before because I chose the DHL option
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13559 posts
4066 upvotes
Toronto
GNKRFD wrote: shit wish I had known this before because I chose the DHL option
Oh well, you'll get it at least a couple weeks faster than anyone else whose shipped at the same time.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1289 posts
3695 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
DHL is Terrible and waaaaaay overcharges for their "service". I'd rather wait it out a few extra weeks and not have to bother with the hassle
What's in your wallet?
Oct 22, 2005
642 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Spawk1028 wrote: DHL is Terrible and waaaaaay overcharges for their "service". I'd rather wait it out a few extra weeks and not have to bother with the hassle
True that!
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13559 posts
4066 upvotes
Toronto
Spawk1028 wrote: DHL is Terrible and waaaaaay overcharges for their "service". I'd rather wait it out a few extra weeks and not have to bother with the hassle
Yeah, unless you need the phone urgently (and if you do, a "Preorder" is not the best choice), no reason to use DHL, just a waste of money.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13559 posts
4066 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote: they fixed it. it was temporarily showing $209 (which is $154.99 USD roughly). That is the price the phone will be starting May 30th according to UMIDIGI.
That big a price increase is not gonna happen, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 4/64 GB is around $260 Cdn, available now, and smokes this Umidigi phone in every possible way.

Price might go up to $120 USD but probably not a lot more than that. Umidigi is just trying to hype presales.
Last edited by Kurtz7834 on May 24th, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6798 posts
5678 upvotes
North York
Kurtz7834 wrote: Yeah, unless you need the phone urgently (and if you do, a "Preorder" is not the best choice), no reason to use DHL, just a waste of money.
If anyone needs a phone urgently, buying this is probably the worst plan. 1. It's pre-order and 2. it's being shipped from china.
Aug 5, 2008
115 posts
79 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON L4…
macthehoser wrote: Did you choose US currency instead of CAD? I didn't realize you could choose a payment currency on aliexpress.
Apparently it is possible. Strangely enough it is configured as USD on my laptop and as CAD on my mobile. Honestly, I am not sure how this even happened. maybe I signed in from my laptop when I was travelling in US a few years back. In any case, the goods are always delivered to my Canadian address. I am not sure if there is actually any advantage in buying in USD, but I am just too lazy to check and/or to change :)
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13559 posts
4066 upvotes
Toronto
konsensei wrote: If anyone needs a phone urgently, buying this is probably the worst plan. 1. It's pre-order and 2. it's being shipped from china.
This a good phone to buy now as a backup to prepare for the "sh*t hits the fan, dropped my phone in the toilet" scenarios. Ideal temporary phone.

If one wants to spend the coin, you can get a Redmi Note 7 shipped via DHL in under 7 days from China, will likely cost around $310 to $320 with DHL charges and duties.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4725 posts
4316 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: DHL means brokerage and duties, almost guaranteed, so add another $30 to $40 onto whatever you paid.
No, no duties.

You are going to be charged tax and a small brokerage fee. Total for a $100 phone will likely be closer to $20.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4725 posts
4316 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: Near stock Android 9, 1080p 6.3 inch screen, acceptable camera and CPU... there's really no competition anywhere near this price. You can't get an Iphone 6 for this price in Canada and that is ancient tech.
And most important to some: excellent band support for Canada including FM. THAT is truly unique.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6798 posts
5678 upvotes
North York
mikka2017 wrote: heres a first hand unboxing of this a5 pro, its in spanish tho!

No that's not. Look at the back, only 2 camera lenses, not 3.
One of those click bait thing, these people have 0 phone in hand

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)