Expired Hot Deals

[Aliexpress] Umidigi A5 Pro smartphone ~$120

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2020 4:27 pm
Tags:
Jul 12, 2019
15 posts
13 upvotes
C$ 126.61 38%OFF | Global Version UMIDIGI A5 PRO Android 9.0 Octa Core 6.3' FHD+ Waterdrop 16MP Triple Camera 4150mAh 4GB RAM 4G Celular Smartphone
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c5oZxLhO

It says Last Chance Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes . You can probably get it for a few dollars less with store coupons.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18705 posts
26925 upvotes
ONTARIO
BrianTanH wrote: A5 pro is advertised as having a 4150mAh battery, but cpu-z reported it as 3450mAh. Can anyone confirm this?
I tested my battery with AccuBattery.
Images
  • Screenshot_20190717-142010.png
Dec 1, 2003
95 posts
24 upvotes
Anyone noticing their wifi mac address keeps changing after each reboot? this is an issue as my workplace requires us to log our mac addresses for an added layer of security.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
5805 posts
1218 upvotes
Montreal
Mac addresses or IP addresses?

If it's IP, you can use a free app like Static IP to stop the IP from changing.

I've used it on another phone in the past and it worked well.
Phils
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18705 posts
26925 upvotes
ONTARIO
wtam wrote: Anyone noticing their wifi mac address keeps changing after each reboot? this is an issue as my workplace requires us to log our mac addresses for an added layer of security.
Now that you mentioned it, I had a look. The wifi mac address does indeed change. However you don't even need to restart the phone, simply turning wifi off and back on will generate a new one. The first 6 characters are always the same (00:08:22) but the last 6 characters are random every time.
Did UIMDIGI leave some sort of mac spoofing setting on when putting out their software updates? Or is just some bug?
Perhaps UMIDIGI will fix it in a software update once it's brought to their attention.
Dec 29, 2010
61 posts
10 upvotes
Aurora
So after arriving in BC, clearing Customs and travelling across to GTA Canada Post is now sending my phone back to Singapore. Thy wouldn't tell me why though, so I am wondering if anyone else had this happen?

July 17 12:20 pm
International item being forwarded to destination country
Mississauga, ON
Additional information
Your shipment is on its way to the country you sent it to.

We rely on local postal services to share tracking information. We will update the delivery information when it becomes available.

July 12 6:16 pm
Item processed
Mississauga, ON
July 11 12:24 pm
Item processed
Richmond, BC
10:21 am
Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing
Richmond, BC
10:21 am
Item processed
Richmond, BC
July 9 1:31 am
Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
Richmond, BC
Nov 25, 2015
75 posts
51 upvotes
Simcoe, ON
Possible that address wasn't totally legible. A lot of buyers are saying they don't know how the phone reached them because the address on the package was faded and or smudged.
Apr 25, 2014
172 posts
155 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
BorisC555430 wrote: Does anyone know how to have the "swipe fingerprint scanner to show/unshow notifications panel" functionality working on that phone? It's my first phone with Pie and browsing quickly the internet showed me that it is a recurring issue with a lot of phones running on Pie so not sure who is to blame on that one. It was one of my favorite Oreo functionality and it will be such a bummer if I have to live without it. In the stock settings the Swipe fingerprint sub-settings is returning a blank screen and every third party app I tried didn't work at all. I can live with a sub-par camera but please don't let me reach the top of that huge screen with my other hand every god damn time!!!
Apparently is not an "issue", it is actually a functionality that Google left only for the Pixel. If you do not have a Pixel, some launchers can do it for you, but depends on the launcher, not the phone. At least that's what a Google search tells me...
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1587 posts
378 upvotes
Mississauga
Folks, i will be leaving on vacation to night and hoping to get the phone before evening. here are the stats and do you guys think i have chance of receiving today ?

Shipment at local distribution center
2019-07-15 06:45:00 [GMT+8]

Accepted by Last Mile Carrier
2019-07-15 06:45:00

Arrived at destination country
2019-07-15 06:43:00

Departed country of origin
2019-07-12 23:30:00 [GMT+8]

Shipment left country of origin warehouse
2019-07-12 10:20:12 [GMT+8]

Shipment accepted by airline
2019-07-12 10:20:12 [GMT+8]

Shipment at country of origin warehouse
2019-07-12 09:07:01 [GMT+8]

Shipment dispatched
2019-07-12 08:37:01 [GMT+8]
Dec 29, 2010
61 posts
10 upvotes
Aurora
likethewine wrote: Possible that address wasn't totally legible. A lot of buyers are saying they don't know how the phone reached them because the address on the package was faded and or smudged.
That makes sense. Thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3923 posts
838 upvotes
Mississauga
After taking a photo in the camera mode, I tried to open the photo through bottom left icon and it shows me a green screen.

Anyone have the same issue?
Jul 12, 2019
15 posts
13 upvotes
wing0 wrote: After taking a photo in the camera mode, I tried to open the photo through bottom left icon and it shows me a green screen.

Anyone have the same issue?
I have no green screen issue.
Jun 5, 2007
253 posts
183 upvotes
Shangri-La
First half dozen photos I took on a beach had a green cast to them a few days days later took some more photos same beach colour balance was fine.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1067 posts
1098 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
grilw wrote: Can't decide if I wanna keep it or not

My Realme 3 is way less laggy and has 32gb more storage
You thought this was an upgrade?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1491 posts
114 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote: You thought this was an upgrade?
At the worst case I thought I'd be able to resell it for a minor profit if I decided I didn't like it
But the AliExpress price has only gone down (if anything), since we all pre-ordered months back
And the OS on the Umidigi A5 Pro is laggy , and looks more like Gingerbread / Kit Kat 4/5 Android OS than OS 9 Pi

I don't even want to peel off any of the stickers because , although it feels solid (metal housing , silicone case included is good, etc.) , I'm not sure how much use I'm gonna get out of it ...
The only advantage to it : Global Bands , which the Realme 3 doesn't have .
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1067 posts
1098 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
grilw wrote: At the worst case I thought I'd be able to resell it for a minor profit if I decided I didn't like it
But the AliExpress price has only gone down (if anything), since we all pre-ordered months back
And the OS on the Umidigi A5 Pro is laggy , and looks more like Gingerbread / Kit Kat 4/5 Android OS than OS 9 Pi

I don't even want to peel off any of the stickers because , although it feels solid (metal housing , silicone case included is good, etc.) , I'm not sure how much use I'm gonna get out of it ...
The only advantage to it : Global Bands , which the Realme 3 doesn't have .
Yeah unless youre into the global bands, realme has a significantly better chipset amongst other things.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18705 posts
26925 upvotes
ONTARIO
UMIDIGI already planning to release yet another phone. Not a lot of details about it yet but it's called the UMIDIGI X.

6.35-inch full-screen AMOLED display
in-screen fingerprint scanner
48MP AI triple camera with an ultrawide-angle lens.
18W fast charging
"multi-functioning" NFC
4150mAh battery

No info on storage or ram size or even the price. They plan to unveil the phone on August 5th. Curious to know what bands it will support.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1491 posts
114 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote: Yeah unless youre into the global bands, realme has a significantly better chipset amongst other things.
With Realme 3 (which is an offshoot of Oppo) , as with Umidigi , what assurances do we have that they aren't using a keylogger to collect all of our passwords with possible future malicious intentions? Is the Android operating system truly secure enough to prevent root-level access to all of our raw data ?