• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2019 4:22 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3638 posts
608 upvotes
Mississauga
After taking a photo in the camera mode, I tried to open the photo through bottom left icon and it shows me a green screen.

Anyone have the same issue?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1264 posts
71 upvotes
wing0 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 8:32 pm
After taking a photo in the camera mode, I tried to open the photo through bottom left icon and it shows me a green screen.

Yes others already have reported it
[Call To Action] ✈ New air travel rules: Canadians are in for a rude awakening🍁

Thank You RFD Community! 🤘
2019: 📶Umidigi A5 Pro, 📱PayTM, 🏧HSBC, 💸Coast Capital, 🚗Turo, 💳Stack Financial, 🍽SkipTheDishes, 🍷LCBO, ✈RBC WestJet
Jul 12, 2019
12 posts
13 upvotes
wing0 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 8:32 pm

I have no green screen issue.
Jun 5, 2007
153 posts
88 upvotes
Down by the river
First half dozen photos I took on a beach had a green cast to them a few days days later took some more photos same beach colour balance was fine.
Apr 8, 2015
760 posts
763 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
grilw wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 6:57 am
Can't decide if I wanna keep it or not

My Realme 3 is way less laggy and has 32gb more storage
You thought this was an upgrade?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1264 posts
71 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 9:15 am
You thought this was an upgrade?
At the worst case I thought I'd be able to resell it for a minor profit if I decided I didn't like it
But the AliExpress price has only gone down (if anything), since we all pre-ordered months back
And the OS on the Umidigi A5 Pro is laggy , and looks more like Gingerbread / Kit Kat 4/5 Android OS than OS 9 Pi

I don't even want to peel off any of the stickers because , although it feels solid (metal housing , silicone case included is good, etc.) , I'm not sure how much use I'm gonna get out of it ...
The only advantage to it : Global Bands , which the Realme 3 doesn't have .

2019: 📶Umidigi A5 Pro, 📱PayTM, 🏧HSBC, 💸Coast Capital, 🚗Turo, 💳Stack Financial, 🍽SkipTheDishes, 🍷LCBO, ✈RBC WestJet
Apr 8, 2015
760 posts
763 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
grilw wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 9:25 am
At the worst case I thought I'd be able to resell it for a minor profit if I decided I didn't like it
But the AliExpress price has only gone down (if anything), since we all pre-ordered months back
And the OS on the Umidigi A5 Pro is laggy , and looks more like Gingerbread / Kit Kat 4/5 Android OS than OS 9 Pi

I don't even want to peel off any of the stickers because , although it feels solid (metal housing , silicone case included is good, etc.) , I'm not sure how much use I'm gonna get out of it ...
The only advantage to it : Global Bands , which the Realme 3 doesn't have .
Yeah unless youre into the global bands, realme has a significantly better chipset amongst other things.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17067 posts
23523 upvotes
ONTARIO
UMIDIGI already planning to release yet another phone. Not a lot of details about it yet but it's called the UMIDIGI X.

6.35-inch full-screen AMOLED display
in-screen fingerprint scanner
48MP AI triple camera with an ultrawide-angle lens.
18W fast charging
"multi-functioning" NFC
4150mAh battery

No info on storage or ram size or even the price. They plan to unveil the phone on August 5th. Curious to know what bands it will support.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1264 posts
71 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 10:50 am
Yeah unless youre into the global bands, realme has a significantly better chipset amongst other things.
With Realme 3 (which is an offshoot of Oppo) , as with Umidigi , what assurances do we have that they aren't using a keylogger to collect all of our passwords with possible future malicious intentions? Is the Android operating system truly secure enough to prevent root-level access to all of our raw data ?

Sep 2, 2017
263 posts
266 upvotes
Edmonton
Hey all, I just wanted to say I ordered the phone on July 3rd and it just got shipped. So if anyone else ordered around that time too, you may get a shipping notification soon.
Feb 21, 2005
75 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Jaylay14 wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 8:33 am
Hey all, I just wanted to say I ordered the phone on July 3rd and it just got shipped. So if anyone else ordered around that time too, you may get a shipping notification soon.
woohoo same notification and was ordered on the 1st July...

I'll go read previous post to see how long it takes to reach Toronto...
Feb 21, 2005
75 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
pob444 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 6:43 am
Mine downloaded the update, but something happened when it installed it: now the screen keeps going between black and the "Umidigi (link to the world) powered by android" screen (for like 30 minutes now...). I'm quite puzzled/disappointed by that. Any clue?
Hi pob444, have you been able to get the phone back?
i'm interested as to what steps you've been taking so far.
not sure how familiar you are are with resetting a phone or whether it is needed at all.
but i found this link on how to proceed with an older umidigi but i'm pretty sure it's the same 3 finger salute. hard reset

but if you've never done stuff like that, be very careful, consider taking your phone to a shop...
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1470 posts
466 upvotes
Winnipeg
Jaylay14 wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 8:33 am
I ordered July 4th...no shipping notice yet. Neutral Face
Lorenzo
Dec 23, 2006
504 posts
147 upvotes
lorenzo1000 wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 1:20 pm
I ordered July 4th...no shipping notice yet. Neutral Face
Same here, hoping mine will be shipped within a few days.
Fido $40 5GB small + $15 4GB tablet data
PM $20 province wide talk
PM $10 50 min 50 txt