• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2019 2:43 pm
Tags:
Banned
Aug 31, 2019
1 posts
membrs wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 11:37 am
I just noticed that only one of the SIM slots is working.
When I insert the SIM into another, it doesnt work.

Does anyone else have a similar issue
https://www.kimovil.com/en/opinions/umidigi-a5-pro
I’m in the same predicament, bought two of these phones and while one works fine, the other can’t make or receive calls on SIM slot 1. I've changed to SIM 2 and now receive about half the phone calls and texts. I've contacted Umidigi tech support, but have yet to get a response.
Jul 12, 2019
12 posts
13 upvotes
Now that Android 10 is released, wonder if this phone is going to get the upgrade.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1285 posts
74 upvotes
CharlotteC wrote:
Sep 1st, 2019 10:10 am
I’m in the same predicament, bought two of these phones and while one works fine, the other can’t make or receive calls on SIM slot 1. I've changed to SIM 2 and now receive about half the phone calls and texts. I've contacted Umidigi tech support, but have yet to get a response.
I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse, not because I have a faulty phone , but because it's still sitting brand new in the box and I am not going to use it because I am so-far very happy with my Realme 3 !
[Call To Action] ✈ New air travel rules: Canadians are in for a rude awakening🍁

Thank You RFD Community! 🤘
2019: 📶Umidigi A5 Pro, 📱PayTM, 🏧HSBC, 💸Coast Capital, 🚗Turo, 💳Stack Financial, 🍽SkipTheDishes, 🍷LCBO, ✈RBC WestJet
Mar 4, 2017
52 posts
37 upvotes
This has been a decent phone for my wife. One small issue and one major issue:

1) I got wifi calling working...or should i say wifi receiving because incoming calls work over wifi but outgoing calls refuse to use wifi even when I have zero signal.

2) camera sometimes goes into white noise screen for one to several seconds before showing anything when you start the app. I've tried clearing the cache/data for the camera app and even tried other apps CameraMX, Open Camera, etc to no avail. Oh and camera quality is subpar when it does work but I expected that from a phone at this price range. Just didn't expect it to fritz out on startup.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1052 posts
131 upvotes
Mississauga
guys any one had issues with editing APN settings ??

I have chatr sim and had problems with MMS, tried to update the APN settings and realized that only Rogers APN settings were existing and on top of it i cannot create new APN or cannot edit the existing Rogers APN.s

I see some google posts related to this issue but not sure if there is any solution..
May 12, 2016
87 posts
102 upvotes
GTA
I put in my daughter's Public Mobile SIM and it didn't pickup any APN setttings automatically.
APN section was just empty. I googled for PM APN settings and added new APN entry with no problem.
Works fine.
Aug 24, 2006
686 posts
262 upvotes
andrew1joe871622 wrote:
Sep 21st, 2019 9:46 am
This has been a decent phone for my wife. One small issue and one major issue:

1) I got wifi calling working...or should i say wifi receiving because incoming calls work over wifi but outgoing calls refuse to use wifi even when I have zero signal.

2) camera sometimes goes into white noise screen for one to several seconds before showing anything when you start the app. I've tried clearing the cache/data for the camera app and even tried other apps CameraMX, Open Camera, etc to no avail. Oh and camera quality is subpar when it does work but I expected that from a phone at this price range. Just didn't expect it to fritz out on startup.
For your wifi calling issue.. sounds similar to a common voip glitch that happens with certain providers in canada ( Fido forsure) changing providers could fix it as well..
try editing the apn changing it from ipv6 to ipv4

I dont have this phone currently but it may not let you edit apn. if it lets you add an apn just transfer over all your details except change it to ipv4
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1052 posts
131 upvotes
Mississauga
gardarik wrote:
Sep 26th, 2019 11:33 am
I put in my daughter's Public Mobile SIM and it didn't pickup any APN setttings automatically.
APN section was just empty. I googled for PM APN settings and added new APN entry with no problem.
Works fine.
I am not able to edit the current APNs (rogers) or add any new one either.
I have the Chatr SIM inserted where as the phone loaded Rogers APN's and unable to edit either.

Chatr told to contact this phone support as they cannot do any thing itseems.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17149 posts
23666 upvotes
ONTARIO
What camera apps are people using? I started using Open Camera. It has a manual focus mode that I like. Not having to rely on the auto focus for everything is very handy.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3727 posts
3263 upvotes
mkannuri wrote:
Sep 27th, 2019 11:51 am
I am not able to edit the current APNs (rogers) or add any new one either.
I have the Chatr SIM inserted where as the phone loaded Rogers APN's and unable to edit either.

Chatr told to contact this phone support as they cannot do any thing itseems.
Honestly, it's not their phone, I'm not sure why you even bothered them with this?

I'd consider not being able to edit the APN a defect, claim it as defective and get a refund.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1052 posts
131 upvotes
Mississauga
repatch wrote:
Sep 28th, 2019 12:39 pm
Honestly, it's not their phone, I'm not sure why you even bothered them with this?

I'd consider not being able to edit the APN a defect, claim it as defective and get a refund.
I am not sure about their warranty terms..i got the phone on july 8th which is bought from Aliexpress which was my first purchase with them and never dealt with them in the past..
when i tried the link to open the dispute..i am getting this message and not sure how to get full refund.

Sorry, you cannot open a dispute for this order.
Disputes can only be opened up to 15 days after you have confirmed receiving your items.
Order confirmation of receipt time is: Sat Jul 20 08:49:43 PDT 2019
You may open a dispute for the order before: Sun Aug 04 08:39:43 PDT 2019
Aug 24, 2006
686 posts
262 upvotes
repatch wrote:
Sep 28th, 2019 12:39 pm

Its not a defect, as almost all cell phone companies disabled it due to request of the phone companys..

With that being said there is work arounds, but they are NOT easy

*also installing custom rom would typically fix this issue as well, however this phone doesnt have any custom roms currently..
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3727 posts
3263 upvotes
bryceton wrote:
Oct 1st, 2019 12:18 am
Its not a defect, as almost all cell phone companies disabled it due to request of the phone companys..

With that being said there is work arounds, but they are NOT easy

*also installing custom rom would typically fix this issue as well, however this phone doesnt have any custom roms currently..
First off, no, only SOME cell phone companies lock that (mostly american ones).

Second, that only applies to phones sold BY CELL PHONE COMPANIES.

Third, you have a phone that can't be configured. That's a defect.

Note that APN information does NOT come from the SIM, that is a common fallacy. APN information is baked into the ROM. The phone uses the IMSI to figure out what APN to apply automatically, but if the ROM DB isn't accurate (or incomplete) the auto populated APN will be wrong. That's what's happening here. A phone, that isn't carrier locked, that doesn't let you change that? Defective.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1052 posts
131 upvotes
Mississauga
repatch wrote:
Oct 1st, 2019 7:12 am
First off, no, only SOME cell phone companies lock that (mostly american ones).

Second, that only applies to phones sold BY CELL PHONE COMPANIES.

Third, you have a phone that can't be configured. That's a defect.

Note that APN information does NOT come from the SIM, that is a common fallacy. APN information is baked into the ROM. The phone uses the IMSI to figure out what APN to apply automatically, but if the ROM DB isn't accurate (or incomplete) the auto populated APN will be wrong. That's what's happening here. A phone, that isn't carrier locked, that doesn't let you change that? Defective.
Make sense..i contacted Aliexpress but no answer as of now. not sure whats the process to get the full refund after 30 days warranty period is over.

Also the most annoying with my phone is unable to swipe the "call Answer" tik mark..i have to do multiple times before it really gets ON..mean while i miss the call too..

Other minor issue is camera does not focus correctly especially edeposit the chques.. it takes a while ..

ofcourse some one can say you get what you pay for but these are basic functions which are really frustrating...
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1052 posts
131 upvotes
Mississauga
I am receiving the following message..

Dear friend,
We will out of office during the National Day.
From 1st to 7th Oct, 2019 (Still support self-helping purchase), after sale problem dealed and order shipped when the Holidays ends.
So sorry for inconvenient and unpleasant.
Hope your understanding for delay in reply.
UMIDIGI Official Store

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

bam136