• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2020 4:27 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1940 posts
850 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Kurtz7834 wrote: Here's a protip, in the future, don't confirm receipt of the phone until you make sure all is good with the hardware. This won't be possible with DHL though.
I didnt confirm receipt. AE had full tracking from dispatch to delivery. They knew that the parcel was delivered. At this point, the only way I could get my money back is to file a chargeback cause AE will always request for the item to be sent back.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4685 posts
4265 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: ... cause AE will always request for the item to be sent back.
No. Not always. I've had two items refunded fully without having to send back. You have to be forceful about it, but it can be done.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1940 posts
850 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
repatch wrote: No. Not always. I've had two items refunded fully without having to send back. You have to be forceful about it, but it can be done.
For a cellphone?

AE gave me 2 options, and they both sucked. Rejected both offers, and they don't even respond anymore.
Last edited by AsianXL on May 22nd, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
2433 posts
148 upvotes
repatch wrote: For the price, I'm not sure what you'd expect.
I guess usb-c is $0.10 more in component cost...
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4685 posts
4265 upvotes
NetAnt wrote: I guess usb-c is $0.10 more in component cost...
Yup. But the BOM cost can be magnified quite a bit by the time you get to a final product.

It's a $100 phone, move along.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4685 posts
4265 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: For a cellphone?

AE gave me 2 options, and they both sucked. Rejected both offers, and they don't even respond anymore.
One was a cell phone, the other a dash cam.

The requested a video proving the issue, created one and uploaded to youtube.

They gave me two crappy options, I rejected both. The gave me a third crappy option. I rejected that and told them I would be disputing the charge as fraud. They gave me a full refund.
Feb 27, 2005
853 posts
61 upvotes
If this is stock Android does that mean you could download future updates from google and not rely on udigimi releasing updates for this phone?
Fido $15 Data Line
Public Mobile $38 5gb
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4685 posts
4265 upvotes
bonzo wrote: If this is stock Android does that mean you could download future updates from google and not rely on udigimi releasing updates for this phone?
No. For that you need XDA support.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13559 posts
4066 upvotes
Toronto
NetAnt wrote: I guess usb-c is $0.10 more in component cost...
There are so many reasons for features to be added or withheld that go way beyond component cost.

Umidigi sells higher end, higher priced phones and maybe they don't want low end models to ruin / cannibalize the sales of higher end models.

All smart companies operate this way. If no USB-C is a deal breaker for you,. then there are many other higher priced options for you.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26047 posts
11518 upvotes
NetAnt wrote: if only this had usb-c....
Why? What's wrong with MicroUSB?
repatch wrote: For the price, I'm not sure what you'd expect.
I'm actually surprised it doesn't to be honest. I'm good with either since I'm still WELL invested into MicroUSB.
repatch wrote: No. For that you need XDA support.
Unless it's a Treble in which case any GSI ROM will work.
Plus I think these are easy to bootloader unlock unlike Xiaomis.
Dec 31, 2013
27 posts
3 upvotes
montreal
ordered one thanks don't forget to apply ebates +coupon for a new user
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10348 posts
2584 upvotes
Scarberia
amazigh wrote: ordered one thanks don't forget to apply ebates +coupon for a new user
So u got it for 86usd huh
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Oct 22, 2005
641 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
I bought one of these and went through ebates as well earlier this evening for the extra %3... paid $117.21 to aliexpress with a new user coupon and some other $8.xx off store coupon...then evenutally ebates will come through furthering lowering the cost
Dec 25, 2012
164 posts
82 upvotes
Vaughan, Canada
superxxxstud wrote: G7 is stuck with only 2gb of ram and a screen of even lesser PPI density than the Redmi 7 which is about 85$+ tx cheaper.
G7 has 4 GB.

G7 Play is 2 GB.

G7 Power is 3 GB or 4 GB depending on version (4 GB version with appropriate bands on amazon.ca is $264)

As I mentioned though, the real benefit of the G7 series is more frequency bands, official software support for Canadian carriers (VoLTE and VoWIFI), and local support.
Jan 13, 2009
574 posts
204 upvotes
Has anyone thought about getting umidigi s3 pro? I saw an ad for this phone on aliexpress today before I saw this thread...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)