[AliExpress] UMIDIGI A7 Pro - $142

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2020 7:08 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8465 posts
4796 upvotes
Toronto
zajacik99 wrote: Did anyone discover a good protective case for this phone?

Seems all which I saw are just to protect the phone from fingerprints rather than handle impact.
Don't see any thick cases so best bet is a thin case to maximize grip + tempered glass screen protector.
Nov 25, 2017
4 posts
I reserved one for C$ 130.95.Shipping:CA$5.73 to Canada via Canada Direct Mail
Shipping time:8-18 business days on Banggood.com.Flash deals from July.03-July.08
Dec 26, 2010
207 posts
88 upvotes
My SIL did the same thing....after 5 or 6 days it still didn't ship. He cancelled and got the Amazon one (with 128GB vs 64GB).
Received it the next day
beaver0249 wrote: I reserved one for C$ 130.95.Shipping:CA$5.73 to Canada via Canada Direct Mail
Shipping time:8-18 business days on Banggood.com.Flash deals from July.03-July.08
Dec 5, 2013
219 posts
68 upvotes
beaver0249 wrote: I reserved one for C$ 130.95.Shipping:CA$5.73 to Canada via Canada Direct Mail
Canada Direct Mail ? never heard about it,is this Canada Post? or Fedex? DHL?
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2005
2447 posts
146 upvotes
GTA
Anyone received the phone from AliExpress yet? Tracking still shows phone on plane left China on June 4. But haven't landed!
[OP]
Jan 13, 2009
626 posts
239 upvotes
rambokid wrote: Anyone received the phone from AliExpress yet? Tracking still shows phone on plane left China on June 4. But haven't landed!
yes, a lot of people received their phones already. I ordered two - one to US, one to Russia, both of them arrived. some folks ordered to Canada during the initial launch and those arrived as well. there have been reports of Canada Post being slow lately, I believe, but I personally don't have any evidence to support this.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2005
2447 posts
146 upvotes
GTA
I think the bulk shipping container lands in Vancouver, then somehow handover to Canada Post. So yes, Canada Post can be the bottleneck.
Anyone in GTA received the phone?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9198 posts
1767 upvotes
Montreal
rambokid wrote: Anyone received the phone from AliExpress yet? Tracking still shows phone on plane left China on June 4. But haven't landed!
By the way...ALL DELIVERIES show a plane, even if it's a BOAT. Watch your days left that you can file a dispute, set a reminder on your phone.
Jan 18, 2017
56 posts
21 upvotes
Be careful with Umidigi brand. They don't honor the 12 months warranty. They refused to repair or exchange my F1 play smartphone because they didn't have it in stock anymore. They refunded me $30 (10% of value), because I had used the phone for ten months... !!!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9198 posts
1767 upvotes
Montreal
firefireman wrote: Canada Direct Mail ? never heard about it,is this Canada Post? or Fedex? DHL?
Aliexpress used to have this option (Gear "I guess they got banned" Best used to have this as well). It would be some strange carrier name called "SunYou", but due to Covid-19 it seems like sellers don't have this option anymore. Various Airlines BID to get your parcel from China to Vancouver (I've had Singapore Airlines, Portugal Airlines). The parcel ends up in their home country (like Singapore for example), then all bundled up with a whole bunch of other parcels heading to Vancouver Canada. The broker who organized this picks up the entire container from the airport in Vancouver and then slaps a Canada Post sticker over the China to Vancouver sticker and gets shipped FROM Vancouver to your home.

I've managed to peel off Canada Post sticker once and I saw China to Vancouver airline container sticker :)

Some of these "carriers" are better than others, SunYou is TERRIBLE by the way, they've lost the most of my Aliexpress orders. It is MUCH faster than regular post because Vancouver is such a busy airport hub, there is bound to be a plane landing there from one of the airlines that bid for your parcel. Canada customs on the other hand...
Jun 12, 2020
35 posts
16 upvotes
Other than TPU soft gel back covers, there are few full protection cases for Umidigi A7 Pro currently available. I usually purchase this type, bought 1 brown, 1 black (since you don't know how long they will last and can't beat the price) from AE on June 17. Paid $5.40CAD/$388USD each with free shipping. Currently at "last mile carrier" for 4 days but the Cainiao tracking label isn't showing who that might be. Is last mile within my home state or across the country? Seller dispatched very quickly so they are not the problem, must have crossed Pacific on a hang glider on a slow jet stream, then sat in customs for ever. Hoping cases arrive soon but it's been 25 days--about normal. For you experienced buyers, is "Cainiao Economy Global" the least preferred shipper over AliExpress Standard? I'm still learning how to process purchases on AE. Thanks.
Images
  • Umidigi A7Pro WalletFolioCase PicAllSides_e.jpg
Dec 13, 2009
153 posts
36 upvotes
looks like aliexpress has a flash sale in 10 hours. $138
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15002 posts
16043 upvotes
AE is a weird site.

Is the deal pending, or dead, or in a superposition of both right now?
Feb 21, 2011
16 posts
10 upvotes
St. John's
Mine departed China on June 6th... no updates since then.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2005
2447 posts
146 upvotes
GTA
I guess they are by air, can't believe boat leaves every 2 days. It takes more than 2 days to load up a cargo ship.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

enceladus9