[AliExpress] UMIDIGI A7 Pro - $142

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2020 10:12 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4296 posts
5708 upvotes
Vancouver
repatch wrote: Oh please. The API is not hidden, and it's only available to apps that Google authorizes.

Crawl back into your hole.
It's "not hidden" but installed without your knowledge and out of sight???

Edit: "and it's only available to apps that Google authorizes" should give me some confidence, eh?

Great thinking on your side.. go do some more.
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4296 posts
5708 upvotes
Vancouver
roggers wrote:
  • Does it have malware on it ?
Google is the "malware" on it's own already. Same as Windows...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5135 posts
4703 upvotes
max011 wrote: It's "not hidden" but installed without your knowledge and out of sight???

Edit: "and it's only available to apps that Google authorizes" should give me some confidence, eh?

Great thinking on your side.. go do some more.
There have been MULTIPLE articles of this new API, along with releases from Google on what it is, how it's implemented, and what apps can use it. If that's 'hidden', well, um, it's not.

Do you even KNOW what this API is anyways? You are trying to create FUD where there is none.

Please: research what this is about an inform yourself.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4296 posts
5708 upvotes
Vancouver
repatch wrote: There have been MULTIPLE articles of this new API, along with releases from Google on what it is, how it's implemented, and what apps can use it. If that's 'hidden', well, um, it's not.

Do you even KNOW what this API is anyways? You are trying to create FUD where there is none.

Please: research what this is about an inform yourself.
Regardless of "multiple articles" and such, hard fact is that Google didn't directly let users of the devices know about this when installed. Meaning "hidden".

And that is not acceptable.

Because, tomorrow it will be something else. And so on...

Nuff said...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5135 posts
4703 upvotes
max011 wrote: Regardless of "multiple articles" and such, hard fact is that Google didn't directly let users of the devices know about this when installed. Meaning "hidden".

And that is not acceptable.

Because, tomorrow it will be something else. And so on...

Nuff said...
You do know that this API you are talking about is MORE restrictive then what most apps have access to, right?

Do you have ANY comprehension of what this API actually does? I BEG you to read up on what it implements, and WHY. You're 'outrage' is completely misplaced, and misinformed.

As for 'notifying' users, tell me, what should Google have done, in your mind? Banners along the highway? Perhaps skywriters in every major city?

I weep for the future.
Dec 18, 2015
19 posts
9 upvotes
Nepean, ON
letitbso wrote: Responding to macal2oni's A7 Pro issues, that is a real bummer, you definitely received a dub. My A7 Pro has not experienced any of the same functioning issues you mention. I did immediately install the latest update when it arrived so those problems might have been resolved before I setup the phone. Have you installed the OTA software update released around July 4? Repaired a camera issue, possibly your pull-down menu and a few other bugs. Your current version might read: v1.2 20200704.
I am still not getting LTE and VOLTE working after upgrading to version v1.2 20200702 both on Rogers and Freedom. Did anyone getting LTE sign instead of 4G as well as VOLTE working? Rest WIFI calling is working as expected on Freedom ($99 prepaid plan). Also having data issues with dual sim setup Roger data only sim+Freedom Sim for calling. Selecting Freedom sim to 3G only and Rogers data sim on 2/3/4G solved this (data freezing) issue. Any relevant info/solution will be appropriated, thanks
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5135 posts
4703 upvotes
Kraza01 wrote: Did anyone getting LTE sign instead of 4G
In the majority of the world when a phone says '4G' that IS LTE.

Marketing garbage nonsense in North America has mucked about with terms causing massive confusion, resulting in 4G not actually being 4G (on North American phones '4G' indicators without 'LTE' displayed, usually correspond to HSPA, even though that's NOT a 4G tech (3.5G is commonly, unofficially, the label).

Try downloading the app SignalCheck and see what it's reporting as what technology and band you are connected to. I'm certain you are good to go for LTE.
Kraza01 wrote: as well as VOLTE working?
Unfortunately there I don't think there's a solution: Canadian providers only support (and allow) VoLTE on phones THEY deem worthy.
Jun 12, 2020
26 posts
8 upvotes
If anyone is considering but not quite sure about the A7 Pro, hold off a few weeks, just read Umidigi is scheduled to announce the global release date for "Bison" on or about August 17. Mixed specs predictions on the web but hoping it looks like the S5 Pro but at a better price. I like my Umidigi X and A7 Pro but always looking for more.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1388 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga
Strange that my A7 pro is battery is not lasting more than a day with light usage as well.
Where as my A5 pro with smaller battery than A7 pro lasts more than a day with similar usage..

Does any one know how to fix/calibrate the battery? i am using two sims though.. one for voice and another for data..
Jun 12, 2020
26 posts
8 upvotes
Just downloaded and installed Umidigi A7 Pro software update. When finished, your system should be v2.1 20200801. Whole process took about 10 minutes, make certain your battery is charged before beginning the update. See pic for system changes.
Images
  • UmidigiX Update v2_1  2020_08_01.JPG
Jul 30, 2016
556 posts
175 upvotes
I brought umidigi wireless earbuds for $9.99 used couple of days then waste management (garbage) truck requested them for recycling as it’s a part of garbage family. Seriously sucks man. Waste products.
Jan 17, 2017
145 posts
50 upvotes
Regina
can anyone who has one confirm that Spotify works better than on an A5Pro? ie: clicking the 3 context menu dots causes Spotify to crash.
Thx.
Jun 12, 2020
26 posts
8 upvotes
Umidigi just posted announcement of the Bison for sale on August 17 on their website. Price C$407.30, $299.99USD. Unable to see full specs but seems a little pricey.
Also, noticed they are selling Umidigi A7 but it has MTK Model: Helio P20 MT6757, 4x Cortex-A53, 2.3GHz + ; GPU: ARM Mali-T880 MP2. Price at AE is as much or more than A7 Pro.