Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
AliExpress

Viofo A119 V3 Dash Cam + GPS + CPL filter + Hardwire Kit - CA$139.96

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2019 12:32 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2241 posts
4462 upvotes

Viofo A119 V3 Dash Cam + GPS + CPL filter + Hardwire Kit - CA$139.96

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
November 12, 2019
Retailer:
AliExpress
Viofo's latest A119 camera with 2560 x 1600P resolution is on sale from "VIOFO Official Store" on AliExpress for their 11.11 sale. Choose Package F and apply the store coupon for CA$4.03 off.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33030968874.html

This combo sells for $169.95 + $13.95 + tax ($207.80 total in ON) from a reseller on Amazon.ca, so the $139.96 price is warm/hot. Keep in mind that it'll be coming from China rather than an Amazon warehouse in Canada.

Comparison of A119 v3 vs A119 v2 and A129:

On vacation
75 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2241 posts
4462 upvotes
brokeuniversitystudent wrote: Any idea if I can use the rear camera I have installed for my A119 V2 with this?
Do you mean A129? A119 v2 does not support a rear camera as far as I know.

The A129 has a port to connect a rear camera, but the A119 versions do not.
On vacation
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7443 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've been searching for a replacement for my A118C and it seems this is a good upgrade.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
I got the a129 pro duo with GPS for 299$. I wanted the rear cam and 4k recording which the one the OP mentioned doesn't have.
Dec 13, 2013
491 posts
432 upvotes
How hard is getting this thing to hardwire?

Also, do you need a professional to get it done or can it be done by a noob too?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
Dealter wrote: How hard is getting this thing to hardwire?

Also, do you need a professional to get it done or can it be done by a noob too?
If you know how to solder wires to your fuse box and feel comfortable doing it, it is definitely DIY-able.
Jan 13, 2009
415 posts
319 upvotes
What would you guys recommend to go with this if you wanted to have parking mode/battery bank?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41798 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
No warranty...
Wait for BF.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7443 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dealter wrote: How hard is getting this thing to hardwire?

I'm a novice at car upgrades but I was able to figure it out. It's not hard to run the wiring in the headliner and down the side pillars to the fuse box. Then I watched Youtube videos on how to do the fuse tap. You may want to get a fuse tap hardwire kit instead of using the one that comes with this package. Then you won't need to solder the wires. Just use the fuse tap instead.

I have to figure out which fuse will give me constant 12V power for my car since I'll need it for the parking modes. Right now, my fuse tap is tapped into the 12V power socket adapter but it doesn't have power when the car is off.
Aug 2, 2010
114 posts
224 upvotes
Akizuki wrote: If you know how to solder wires to your fuse box and feel comfortable doing it, it is definitely DIY-able.
Why would you solder the wires to your fuse box? Just by a fuse kit and a wire tap...
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
Exactly, had several dashcams always used a piggyback fuse adapter. They're super cheap...
Yokoon wrote: Why would you solder the wires to your fuse box? Just by a fuse kit and a wire tap...
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
2759 posts
1397 upvotes
Can anyone speak to the practicality of hardwiring a short commuter daily driver in the long term?
I can see issues with starting a car/not much parking mode run time esp. in the winter if your commute is only 10mins one way.
Since the battery is not getting charged enough on the commute, the hardwire kit will only provide enough juice (probably not much) from that commute charge minus anything draining it during the charge + start up.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
Had a dual dash-cam for years now, never had battery issues. The only thing is these dash-cams kill microsd in the long-run. Hence do not buy expensive microsd's. I recommend 64GB high endurance microsds, don't get 128GB since no matter what these cards will eventually die due to the nonestop usage so not worth the extra $$ unless you find a good deal. These cameras have looped recording so you will never run out of space in theory.
dantey wrote: Can anyone speak to the practicality of hardwiring a short commuter daily driver in the long term?
I can see issues with starting a car/not much parking mode run time esp. in the winter if your commute is only 10mins one way.
Since the battery is not getting charged enough on the commute, the hardwire kit will only provide enough juice (probably not much) from that commute charge minus anything draining it during the charge + start up.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1472 posts
2777 upvotes
Ontario
One of /r/dashcam's most recommended single dashcam units. I've had one for over a year now and love it - very clear, good quality image. A few friends have bought them based on my recommendation and also been very happy. We usually just buy from Amazon though, far easier warranty than AliExpress if you ever need it... I just USB adapter power mine though, never bothered with the hardwire kit.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
2759 posts
1397 upvotes
TurboTronix wrote: Had a dual dash-cam for years now, never had battery issues. The only thing is these dash-cams kill microsd in the long-run. Hence do not buy expensive microsd's. I recommend 64GB high endurance microsds, don't get 128GB since no matter what these cards will eventually die due to the nonestop usage so not worth the extra $$ unless you find a good deal. These cameras have looped recording so you will never run out of space in theory.
Agreed. I had a dashcam kill a 64gig Sandisk Ultra Plus that was only a year old. While a 4gig kingston is still going 4+ years. Sad.\
So, I've just bought a whole bunch of Kingston 32gig's and will swap them out once they've given up the ghost.
Last edited by dantey on Nov 11th, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2004
1367 posts
2419 upvotes
Vancouver
I had the first version of this dashcam before. It worked for several years but after parking the car under the hot sun for a few years, it failed. I believe this V2 has addressed this issue. It worked well for me as I park in the underground parking in our building and I cannot leave the unit inside all the time. It was easy to slide in and out to take home with me. I never used the GPS feature so I turned it off. Now I am using a duo system with front & back and will never go back to just front.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2013
1124 posts
259 upvotes
Mississauga
i need a dual lens dash cam that can record inside cabin as i do uber some time. Anyone can recommend a decent one under 100$ ? i see alot on Alieexpress but don’t know what to get. Thanks
Jan 29, 2004
500 posts
413 upvotes
word of advice from a 3 year dash cam owner (a119 in one car, a119 v2 in another)

always prioritize fps over resolution. meaning 1080p @ 60 fps will be better than 4k @ 30 fps

the whole point in a dashcam is to be able to read license plates clearly and when a car zips by, extra frames will capture a better image then a higher resolution one at lower framerate.

Edit: oh and these viofo dashcams are awesome, 3 year running strong and survived -40 winters and crazy +38 summers! Not a single issue!
Last edited by frenetic26 on Nov 11th, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 13, 2012
45 posts
9 upvotes
EDMONTON
Thank you op, just placed an order for the dash cam
Will report back when I recieve it