Expired Hot Deals

Aliexpress

Xiaomi Black Shark 2 6GB 128GB 855

  • Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2020 10:06 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 21, 2010
1 posts
8 upvotes

Xiaomi Black Shark 2 6GB 128GB 855

Deal Link:
Price:
399.19
Retailer:
Aliexpress
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Dual SIM 6.39" (AMOLED Screen) 6GB 128GB Snapdragon 855 4000mAH
Includes Gamepad.

Seems like a fairly good deal for a pretty decent gaming phone.

Retailer coupon for another $4.28
Stacks with eBates / TopCashBack

Image
24 replies
Sr. Member
Nov 30, 2013
728 posts
787 upvotes
Good price for a sd855 phone with 6gb ram. Not sure about software update thought. If this is real Xiaomi, that should be ok.
Sr. Member
May 2, 2019
586 posts
1041 upvotes
Good specs for the price but I really don't like the gamery look.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15232 posts
6055 upvotes
London
Great price for this phone.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15232 posts
6055 upvotes
London
UnderKitten wrote: Hows camera on this bad boy?
It uses the imx586

Built in software is probably trash, but it should be excellent with gcam
Sr. Member
Sep 17, 2007
844 posts
662 upvotes
Toronto
It's a gaming phone, addresses the android issue. Touch latency! Ever played a game that requires super fast response time? Sucks on androids, becuz thier touch latency is tooo Damn high. This phone has the lowest latency!
Newbie
User avatar
Apr 26, 2020
13 posts
6 upvotes
Edmonton
Any reason to get this over a razer phone 2?
Sr. Member
Apr 21, 2012
728 posts
907 upvotes
Ontario
The name literally sounds like its full of chinese government spyware. How else could they charge so little? Nice find OP. That said, I would definitely consider buying it if I were looking for a phone. Downsides I can see is that there's no mention of waterproof rating so there probably isn't one. Displays 1080 and camera's 48MP which doesn't mean they're bad but doesn't indicate good so I'd check out review videos on those items before buying.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1417 posts
1966 upvotes
Waterloo Region
Put the price in the title please!
Currently it looks like 855 is the deal price
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15232 posts
6055 upvotes
London
mobbie wrote: The name literally sounds like its full of chinese government spyware. How else could they charge so little? Nice find OP. That said, I would definitely consider buying it if I were looking for a phone. Downsides I can see is that there's no mention of waterproof rating so there probably isn't one. Displays 1080 and camera's 48MP which doesn't mean they're bad but doesn't indicate good so I'd check out review videos on those items before buying.
48mp doesn't indicate good?

The imx586 was the best censor you could get on a phone last year
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 12, 2017
18598 posts
5432 upvotes
Scarberia
not 120hz, no band 66 for FM, no wireless charging are the dealbreakers
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Sr. Member
Dec 26, 2014
686 posts
579 upvotes
ON
According to the listing, it has terrible band support for Canada/North America. It never ceases to amaze me how many of these sorts of phones get posted here on a CANADIAN forum yet barely work with our carriers and so many overlook that.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37030 posts
22995 upvotes
Center of Universe
mikka2017 wrote: not 120hz, no band 66 for FM, no wireless charging are the dealbreakers
Can you provide us with your recommendation at this price point that has the missing aforementioned?
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15232 posts
6055 upvotes
London
polizeifritz wrote: According to the listing, it has terrible band support for Canada/North America. It never ceases to amaze me how many of these sorts of phones get posted here on a CANADIAN forum yet barely work with our carriers and so many overlook that.
It should work fine on lte on robelus
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 7, 2006
1091 posts
965 upvotes
JoeT70071 wrote: Any reason to get this over a razer phone 2?
Any reason is a reason to get any phone over the Razer 2
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1832 posts
1222 upvotes
polizeifritz wrote: According to the listing, it has terrible band support for Canada/North America. It never ceases to amaze me how many of these sorts of phones get posted here on a CANADIAN forum yet barely work with our carriers and so many overlook that.
well, You know, probably one of the ways Chinese government gather information aka spy on North Americans.

Note: I understand everything is made in China, but there is a difference between Apple products made in China (engineered by Apple) and Chinese companies (backed by Chinese government) engineered phones.
Sr. Member
Dec 26, 2014
686 posts
579 upvotes
ON
JIB9022 wrote: well, You know, probably one of the ways Chinese government gather information aka spy on North Americans.

Note: I understand everything is made in China, but there is a difference between Apple products made in China (engineered by Apple) and Chinese companies (backed by Chinese government) engineered phones.
What in the F are you talking about? What does Chinese government surveillance have to do with the fact that this phone has rather poor support for North American bands?......

It would stand to reason that if what you assume was the case for this particular phone, then it would have better band support so as to get it into the hands of more North Americans.

You do know not all phones work with all carriers globally right? Based on your post, it would appear that you do not.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)