Hot Deals

[AliExpress] Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro 6 GB RAM / 128 GB Storage Global Version Android Phone for $301.67

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2020 3:41 pm
Jr. Member
May 12, 2016
152 posts
199 upvotes
GTA
bryceton wrote: Could someone with the stock rom do me a favour. if you are a pc optimum member..

Download pc optimum, sign in... on the official rom

Wait a few minutes check battery stats then force close it.... wait awhile more then check battery stats again
I don't even see PC Optimum app in the list in Battery stats
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1046 posts
494 upvotes
gardarik wrote: I don't even see PC Optimum app in the list in Battery stats
interesting i get about 60% battery usage with it, even if i close the app ( but not opening it to begin with uses no battery)
Newbie
Nov 23, 2016
5 posts
4 upvotes
I just got my phone today and i recalled seeing some settings / methods to delete the bloat or unneeded apps that it comes with
I tried "search this thread" but wasn't able to find what i was looking for. can someone point me to the right direction?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2397 posts
1189 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bryceton wrote: Could someone with the stock rom do me a favour. if you are a pc optimum member..

Download pc optimum, sign in... on the official rom

Wait a few minutes check battery stats then force close it.... wait awhile more then check battery stats again

Not sure if its just my phone but for whatever reason pc optimum will do a massive battery drain for me, even force closing the app will not help!! after opening will need to reset... (and i have app set to restrict background activity!!)
No PC optimum app showing up under Battery Stats for me either.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2397 posts
1189 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Coocoono wrote: I just got my phone today and i recalled seeing some settings / methods to delete the bloat or unneeded apps that it comes with
I tried "search this thread" but wasn't able to find what i was looking for. can someone point me to the right direction?
https://github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Sr. Member
Feb 28, 2015
671 posts
164 upvotes
Montreal, QC
You guys took the insurance? (And shipping isn't free either) :)

This or poco x3..
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2397 posts
1189 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
nahsha wrote: You guys took the insurance? (And shipping isn't free either) :)

This or poco x3..
Poco X3 if it's on sale. Don't buy insurance.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Newbie
Jan 14, 2017
3 posts
GabbyWC wrote: The official Pixel Experience Plus custom ROM for curtana (which is compatible with joyeuse) is what I use and recommend. It runs much more smoothly than MIUI and while there are some bugs, the ROM is mostly stable and future updates will make things better.
Does the official PixExp support Galileo satellites? (Sadly, the stock ROM does not...even though it was in the original specs.)
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 29, 2014
1075 posts
828 upvotes
Dundalk, ON
iammudd wrote: Does the official PixExp support Galileo satellites? (Sadly, the stock ROM does not...even though it was in the original specs.)
According to the GPSTest app, this phone is picking up signals from NAVSTAR GPS (USA), GLONASS (Russia) and BeiDou / COMPASS (China). No Galileo signals are detected.
AsianXL wrote: Out of curiosity, does Xiaomi/Google Maps support BeiDou?
BeiDou signals are detected by the GPSTest app with the official Pixel Experience custom ROM.
Jr. Member
Oct 18, 2014
115 posts
42 upvotes
Finally got the phone last Friday and I spent yesterday and today setting everything up. I didn't root the phone, but I did use ADB to get all the bloatware off. Phone runs smooth so far, I put in 2 sim cards (virgin & freedom) virgin seems to be working fine, freedom didn't work too well (I knew it doesn't support the band's, but I tried anyway) switching to Rogers this week, because I got a decent EPP plan. Hopefully the reception is good.

One thing I did notice is after putting in the dialer codes for WiFi calling and VoLTE my sms messages were being delivered 20-30 minutes late. I googled it and on a forum someone said to disable the WiFi calling and voLTE, so I did and it's been fine. Has this happened to anyone else?

I also loaded a bunch of the apps that people suggested on this thread, new pipe is amazing and adguard.

I'm coming from an iPhone SE (the size difference is hilarious), so if anyone else has an recommendations for anymore apps please let me know.

Also, I'm using a nillkin from AliExpress it's around $11 and I highly recommend it. It has a cover for the rest camera that slides down so no dust get in.

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)