Expired Hot Deals

[AliExpress] Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro 6 GB RAM / 128 GB Storage Global Version Android Phone for $305.47

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2021 7:18 am
Sr. Member
Feb 28, 2015
709 posts
179 upvotes
Montreal, QC
You guys took the insurance? (And shipping isn't free either) :)

This or poco x3..
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2532 posts
1373 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
nahsha wrote: You guys took the insurance? (And shipping isn't free either) :)

This or poco x3..
Poco X3 if it's on sale. Don't buy insurance.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Newbie
Jan 14, 2017
3 posts
GabbyWC wrote: The official Pixel Experience Plus custom ROM for curtana (which is compatible with joyeuse) is what I use and recommend. It runs much more smoothly than MIUI and while there are some bugs, the ROM is mostly stable and future updates will make things better.
Does the official PixExp support Galileo satellites? (Sadly, the stock ROM does not...even though it was in the original specs.)
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 29, 2014
1099 posts
850 upvotes
Dundalk, ON
iammudd wrote: Does the official PixExp support Galileo satellites? (Sadly, the stock ROM does not...even though it was in the original specs.)
According to the GPSTest app, this phone is picking up signals from NAVSTAR GPS (USA), GLONASS (Russia) and BeiDou / COMPASS (China). No Galileo signals are detected.
AsianXL wrote: Out of curiosity, does Xiaomi/Google Maps support BeiDou?
BeiDou signals are detected by the GPSTest app with the official Pixel Experience custom ROM.
Jr. Member
Oct 18, 2014
115 posts
42 upvotes
Finally got the phone last Friday and I spent yesterday and today setting everything up. I didn't root the phone, but I did use ADB to get all the bloatware off. Phone runs smooth so far, I put in 2 sim cards (virgin & freedom) virgin seems to be working fine, freedom didn't work too well (I knew it doesn't support the band's, but I tried anyway) switching to Rogers this week, because I got a decent EPP plan. Hopefully the reception is good.

One thing I did notice is after putting in the dialer codes for WiFi calling and VoLTE my sms messages were being delivered 20-30 minutes late. I googled it and on a forum someone said to disable the WiFi calling and voLTE, so I did and it's been fine. Has this happened to anyone else?

I also loaded a bunch of the apps that people suggested on this thread, new pipe is amazing and adguard.

I'm coming from an iPhone SE (the size difference is hilarious), so if anyone else has an recommendations for anymore apps please let me know.

Also, I'm using a nillkin from AliExpress it's around $11 and I highly recommend it. It has a cover for the rest camera that slides down so no dust get in.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 29, 2014
1099 posts
850 upvotes
Dundalk, ON
Myyykkee wrote: Finally got the phone last Friday and I spent yesterday and today setting everything up. I didn't root the phone, but I did use ADB to get all the bloatware off. Phone runs smooth so far, I put in 2 sim cards (virgin & freedom) virgin seems to be working fine, freedom didn't work too well (I knew it doesn't support the band's, but I tried anyway) switching to Rogers this week, because I got a decent EPP plan. Hopefully the reception is good.

One thing I did notice is after putting in the dialer codes for WiFi calling and VoLTE my sms messages were being delivered 20-30 minutes late. I googled it and on a forum someone said to disable the WiFi calling and voLTE, so I did and it's been fine. Has this happened to anyone else?

I also loaded a bunch of the apps that people suggested on this thread, new pipe is amazing and adguard.
If it makes you feel any better, Canadian cellular providers only support VoLTE and WiFi calling with phones that they sell and specific firmware versions. There's no benefit to enabling those options on Xiaomi phones in Canada.

NewPipe and AdGuard are good apps but the latest versions of YouTube Vanced and AdAway are better so you may want to switch to those if you root your phone.

What do you think of your Redmi Note 9 Pro now that you've been using it for about a week?
Jr. Member
Oct 18, 2014
115 posts
42 upvotes
GabbyWC wrote: If it makes you feel any better, Canadian cellular providers only support VoLTE and WiFi calling with phones that they sell and specific firmware versions. There's no benefit to enabling those options on Xiaomi phones in Canada.

NewPipe and AdGuard are good apps but the latest versions of YouTube Vanced and AdAway are better so you may want to switch to those if you root your phone.

What do you think of your Redmi Note 9 Pro now that you've been using it for about a week?
Im still debating if I should root my phone. I'm going to unlock the bootloader just incase.

I love this phone, and I really can't see myself going back to iPhone. There are something I like better with iohone, but there are a lot more things I like with Android.
Newbie
Dec 5, 2019
26 posts
1 upvote
GabbyWC wrote: Yes, of course. I've been using official Pixel Experience Plus since the day joyeuse support was added. It's far more stable than the unofficial build of Corvus OS that I was using before.
Are you on the Oct 29th update? I'm getting random crashes, when I go to unlock the phone it's not on sometimes. I did factory reset after installing
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 29, 2014
1099 posts
850 upvotes
Dundalk, ON
UditK39358 wrote: Are you on the Oct 29th update? I'm getting random crashes, when I go to unlock the phone it's not on sometimes. I did factory reset after installing
No, I'm still on the PixelExperience_Plus_curtana-10.0-20200911-0649-OFFICIAL release and I have not encountered any major stability problems. The latest version from October 29th requires a clean flash and I have not gotten around to installing that yet because I need to back up some of my data first. It's nice to see that the developers have also released a Pixel Experience recovery now. It's based on LineageOS recovery but with some additional features.
Member
Aug 16, 2010
362 posts
146 upvotes
Ordered Sept 20th from AliExpress Xiaomi store, still hasn't shipped. I've ordered a few Xiaomi phones from the same store over the years, what a joke.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 29, 2014
1099 posts
850 upvotes
Dundalk, ON
This phone is currently on sale for $289.07 which is the lowest price I've seen on AliExpress so far. The AliExpress promo code of GP1111 can be entered at checkout for a discount worth $7 USD.
Newbie
Nov 12, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for sharing this deal, I just got mine delivered in Ontario by Canada post. I don't know too much about the technical aspects of phones but I noticed the phone drops network service quite regularly and I get the "No service" or "Emergency Calls Only". It badly affected my Google Maps and I nearly got lost trying to deliver groceries 2 nights ago. Even on calls my friends tell me I cut in and out while talking. This never happened with my almost 3-year old Redmi Note 5 and I'm with Fido. I checked online and saw a few posts that suggested I switch my sim from one tray to the other but I'm not sure this has helped at all. Is there anything else I can do?
Member
Oct 19, 2009
226 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
Hesharu wrote: Thanks for sharing this deal, I just got mine delivered in Ontario by Canada post. I don't know too much about the technical aspects of phones but I noticed the phone drops network service quite regularly and I get the "No service" or "Emergency Calls Only". It badly affected my Google Maps and I nearly got lost trying to deliver groceries 2 nights ago. Even on calls my friends tell me I cut in and out while talking. This never happened with my almost 3-year old Redmi Note 5 and I'm with Fido. I checked online and saw a few posts that suggested I switch my sim from one tray to the other but I'm not sure this has helped at all. Is there anything else I can do?
That doesn't sound right. This phone is highly regarded and you'd see a lot of complaints in the thread if other people were having the problems you describe. If you know someone else with the RM Note 9 Pro, compare it side-by-side to see the performance. Buyers take a chance on price with no warranty service in Canada. My guess is you are one of the unlucky few stuck with returning the unit and needing to find a replacement.
Newbie
Jun 24, 2012
68 posts
61 upvotes
KITCHENER
Just an FYI for anyone with this phone or considering buying one...

I finally received the MIUI 12 OTA update on this phone yesterday morning. I didn't receive an update notice automatically... I had to go into the System Updater and manually check for it to show up.

Install went smoothly, but after a day of use, I think I'm feeling a bit more power drain compared to MIUI 11... Nothing major, though. At least now our OS version has finally caught up with the rest of the world.

Also, I'm in Ontario using Telus.

Happy upgrading.

Top