Expired Hot Deals

[AliExpress] Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro 6 GB RAM / 128 GB Storage Global Version Android Phone for $305.47

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2021 12:07 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2506 posts
1342 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Finally received my MIUI 12 update tonight. The most glaring issue so far that I've noticed is that the reception quality got worse (as indicated by my reception bar). Areas of my home where I used to get full bar now I'm getting 2-3 bars. Wtf! Now I kinda regret updating it to miui 12. I will pay attention to the battery drain issues too. Crying Face
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Mar 11, 2009
130 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver
Hesharu wrote: Thanks for sharing this deal, I just got mine delivered in Ontario by Canada post. I don't know too much about the technical aspects of phones but I noticed the phone drops network service quite regularly and I get the "No service" or "Emergency Calls Only". It badly affected my Google Maps and I nearly got lost trying to deliver groceries 2 nights ago. Even on calls my friends tell me I cut in and out while talking. This never happened with my almost 3-year old Redmi Note 5 and I'm with Fido. I checked online and saw a few posts that suggested I switch my sim from one tray to the other but I'm not sure this has helped at all. Is there anything else I can do?
Try factory resetting the device. The 9 Pro technically supports more bands used in Canada than the Note 5 so you may have got a faulty unit.
Minawee wrote: Just an FYI for anyone with this phone or considering buying one...

I finally received the MIUI 12 OTA update on this phone yesterday morning. I didn't receive an update notice automatically... I had to go into the System Updater and manually check for it to show up.

Install went smoothly, but after a day of use, I think I'm feeling a bit more power drain compared to MIUI 11... Nothing major, though. At least now our OS version has finally caught up with the rest of the world.
Unless you specifically require some feature of a new major release of MIUI, I'd avoid upgrading right after they release it. Wait for a few new updates for them to correct major bugs, and do some research before updating to see if there are issues.

Also, doing a factory reset after an upgrade will minimize the chance of issues appearing, though it is a pain.
Nov 20, 2015
2 posts
Burnaby
May I ask about your experience with Ant E Parcel?
I ordered from BangGood as well.
Phone has stuck with them in the warehouse since over 10 days.
Their E-mail is invalid. I have no way to know if this shipment is actually going to come.
I can't get a hold of BangGood or Ant E Parcel.
Should I be worried?
I am thinking about contacting my credit card company and cancel this order.
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Jul 16, 2020
137 posts
23 upvotes
which one is better redmi note 9 pro or POCO x3 NFC? they have similar price (~$10 difference)

which phone's battery will last longer?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2014
1096 posts
846 upvotes
Dundalk, ON
Onlyuo wrote: which one is better redmi note 9 pro or POCO x3 NFC? they have similar price (~$10 difference)

The Poco X3 NFC is better in multiple ways and is worth buying when it's on sale with enough of a discount. The battery in it has a slightly higher capacity as well but using the faster screen refresh rate will probably deplete the battery more quickly than the 60 Hz refresh rate of the Redmi Note 9 Pro.

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?i ... one2=10415
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2506 posts
1342 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
MIUI 12 has some serious battery drain issues.
With the same usage as before, I am losing between 15-20% per charge.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Mar 11, 2009
130 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver
Onlyuo wrote: which one is better redmi note 9 pro or POCO x3 NFC? they have similar price (~$10 difference)

For me, the 9S gets about 14-15h SOT while the X3 gets around 12-13h when on 60hz. Minor difference, so I would recommend X3 over the Note 9 unless you really need longest life possible. I think maybe the chipset and maybe dual speakers, plus maybe worse optimization drains slightly more battery.
AsianXL wrote: MIUI 12 has some serious battery drain issues.
You can try factory resetting if you don't mind setting it up again. Could also go back to MIUI 11 if you unlock bootloader.
Jun 15, 2019
6 posts
AsianXL wrote: MIUI 12 has some serious battery drain issues.

Can it Switch from 120hz to 60hz?
Jul 16, 2020
137 posts
23 upvotes
redmi will release a new phone on nov26 in china
Jul 16, 2020
137 posts
23 upvotes
maybe the price of note9pro will drop even further
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2506 posts
1342 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Good stuff, I highly doubt that this phone will have 5G bands that are supported in canada. Even if it does, at the rate that Canada is rolling out its 5G network along with our expensive and limited data plans, it wont be necessary to grab a 5G-capable phone until my next phone needs to be replaced, in another 3 years at least I'd say.
Sep 9, 2005
229 posts
20 upvotes
Rakuten 2.75% back. New account by refer can get U$40 more after purchase in Aliexpress. PM me if you need refer code.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1536 posts
915 upvotes
NOYB
How is everyone liking this phone?

I got POCO X3 NFC instead. It's an awesome phone but I notice that reception isn't the best on Zoomer, which is Roger's network.
No problem with Lucky Mobile tho (Bell)
Seems to happen to other X3 owners also.

Does anyone have like experience with this Redmi too?
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms user*

Dogshit will be dogshit on rfd

What would happen to a house where you only dump some of the trash but let the rest continue to build up?
You know what I'm insinuating.
Bye
Jul 16, 2020
137 posts
23 upvotes
redmi note 9 5G cost 1299HKD =~$216.5CAD has 6GB ram+128GB ROM

the redmi note 9 pro 5G doesn't have band4,
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1544 posts
1350 upvotes
Onlyuo wrote: redmi note 9 5G cost 1299HKD =~$216.5CAD has 6GB ram+128GB ROM

Without band 4, won't work with Freedom. So Freedom users can only choose the old Redmi Note 9 Pro (4G).
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Mar 11, 2009
130 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver
dentonic88 wrote: was thinking to buy pixel 4a. is this better ?
Pixel 4a costs $500+ after tax. This costs $300. Only you can know if you are willing to accept the trade-offs. If you want less trouble, warranty, longer updates, better camera, smaller size, Pixel 4a would be my recommendation. If you're willing to deal with tech issues, live with no warranty, longer battery life, bigger screen, this may be for you.
Onlyuo wrote: redmi note 9 5G cost 1299HKD =~$216.5CAD has 6GB ram+128GB ROM

Actually it's 1299 RMB = 257CAD. HK won't have this until it's released globally as the (supposed) Note 9T series.