Expired Hot Deals

[AliExpress] Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro 6 GB RAM / 128 GB Storage Global Version Android Phone for $305.47

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2021 2:40 pm
Jul 16, 2020
137 posts
23 upvotes
DiSK wrote: Pixel 4a costs $500+ after tax. This costs $300. Only you can know if you are willing to accept the trade-offs. If you want less trouble, warranty, longer updates, better camera, smaller size, Pixel 4a would be my recommendation. If you're willing to deal with tech issues, live with no warranty, longer battery life, bigger screen, this may be for you.

Actually it's 1299 RMB = 257CAD. HK won't have this until it's released globally as the (supposed) Note 9T series.
right
Jul 16, 2020
137 posts
23 upvotes
which bands of 5G is Bell, Rogers, Telus are using?
Apr 25, 2019
251 posts
99 upvotes
is there any custom duty when it ships to canada from china?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2014
1084 posts
838 upvotes
Dundalk, ON
AsianXL wrote: Good stuff, I highly doubt that this phone will have 5G bands that are supported in canada. Even if it does, at the rate that Canada is rolling out its 5G network along with our expensive and limited data plans, it wont be necessary to grab a 5G-capable phone until my next phone needs to be replaced, in another 3 years at least I'd say.
Yes, the China models of the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G are incompatible with 5G bands in Canada according to the Kimovil frequency checker. Perhaps a global version will have better 5G compatibility but we won't know until such a product is announced.
Terabithia wrote: How is everyone liking this phone?

I got POCO X3 NFC instead. It's an awesome phone but I notice that reception isn't the best on Zoomer, which is Roger's network.
No problem with Lucky Mobile tho (Bell)
Seems to happen to other X3 owners also.

Does anyone have like experience with this Redmi too?
I've had my Redmi Note 9 Pro since August. I'm not a fan of MIUI so I unlocked the bootloader to try some custom ROMs and chose to stick with an official release of Pixel Experience Plus. That custom ROM is much cleaner and smoother than MIUI and I'm quite happy with its features and performance. I still experience occasional Bluetooth audio skipping between this phone and my car deck but maybe that problem can be resolved with a firmware update from Xiaomi. In order to test that, I plan to flash the MIUI v12.0.1.0.QJZMIXM global stable ROM on there before I wipe the device and do a clean install of Pixel Experience Plus. As for cellular reception, I have a Koodo Mobile plan which has no issues with voice calls. The LTE download speeds are not bad but the upload speeds are inconsistent and disappointing at times. This may be the result of living and working in rural areas that are not very close to cellular towers.
dentonic88 wrote: was thinking to buy pixel 4a. is this better ?
https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?i ... one2=10123
Onlyuo wrote: which bands of 5G is Bell, Rogers, Telus are using?
https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA
dentonic88 wrote: is there any custom duty when it ships to canada from china?
There is usually no customs charge with AliExpress standard shipping if the seller declares a low enough value on the package.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1542 posts
245 upvotes
Does this have Mi Health?

I read that Mi Health isn't installed on Global versions of any of their phones but got a notice on my phone that Mi Health was updated. Can't locate this app anywhere on this phone though(?)
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1472 posts
1274 upvotes
I bought one last week for $290 or so. Looking forward to it. This is the first Xiaomi phone that support Freedom.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2014
1084 posts
838 upvotes
Dundalk, ON
UditK39358 wrote: Now that PE is discontinued, what do you plan on using?
The project maintainer for this device left but it's possible that someone else will take his place in the future. I may just flash and use the latest version of the official Pixel Experience Plus 10 build because I don't need Android 11 yet and I don't care about monthly security updates. Now that I can get Riru, EdXposed and GravityBox enabled and still pass SafetyNet, I have plenty of customization options to choose from. I will probably have other custom ROM suggestions after doing more research but I would prefer to stick with something official for better stability.
CCHIPSS wrote: I bought one last week for $290 or so. Looking forward to it. This is the first Xiaomi phone that support Freedom.
This phone is not recommended for use with Freedom Mobile. Where did you hear differently?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2487 posts
1288 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
GabbyWC wrote: This phone is not recommended for use with Freedom Mobile. Where did you hear differently?
Redmi Note 9 Pro Global has 3G AWS band support, so it works for 3G voice calls and data with Freedom. I am on the Freedom $99 annual plan on my SIM 2 slot.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1472 posts
1274 upvotes
GabbyWC wrote: The project maintainer for this device left but it's possible that someone else will take his place in the future. I may just flash and use the latest version of the official Pixel Experience Plus 10 build because I don't need Android 11 yet and I don't care about monthly security updates. Now that I can get Riru, EdXposed and GravityBox enabled and still pass SafetyNet, I have plenty of customization options to choose from. I will probably have other custom ROM suggestions after doing more research but I would prefer to stick with something official for better stability.

This phone is not recommended for use with Freedom Mobile. Where did you hear differently?
My phone arrived a few days ago. Been working flawlessly with Freedom 4G so far.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
3171 posts
333 upvotes
Ottawa
I have been using this phone for a few months, it is fantastic,

I was wondering if anyone know if they make a tablet aswell? Im currently looking for one
Hello
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2014
1084 posts
838 upvotes
Dundalk, ON
UditK39358 wrote: Now that PE is discontinued, what do you plan on using?
Great news! A new Pixel Experience project maintainer has taken over for miatoll (Xiaomi SD720G) devices including the Redmi Note 9 Pro global version (joyeuse).

https://download.pixelexperience.org/miatoll
ilusa wrote: I have been using this phone for a few months, it is fantastic,

I was wondering if anyone know if they make a tablet aswell? Im currently looking for one
Xiaomi has the Mi Pad series but the last product release from that was in June of 2018 and it's hard to find it in brand new condition anymore.

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_pad_4-9249.php

With Xiaomi phones having increasingly larger screens than in previous years, these "phablets" have basically replaced tablets in the industry.