Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
ALIEXPRESS

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S 6GB 128GB $303.41all in

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 4:21 am
Oct 15, 2017
156 posts
288 upvotes
Airstrip One
Phoriver wrote: My situation and parcel status is identical to yours. Order on the 24th with free shipping, Cainaio/Aliexpress disagree with Singapore Post.
I assume how they handle the shipping is that, a bulk load of shipment is transported from mainland China to Singapore then it entered the Singapore Post facilities and distributed to the world.

The current situation looks like the shipment has never arrived in Singapore.
---> (=????????=)
---> ( ???? ???? ????)
Oct 15, 2017
156 posts
288 upvotes
Airstrip One
jktdutch wrote: Ordered April 7th. Still waiting......
OK I ordered on April 27th...
I guess I will wait for one more month...
---> (=????????=)
---> ( ???? ???? ????)
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2019
1048 posts
1316 upvotes
Toronto
Mine also stuck at "en route to postal facilities" :(
Mar 8, 2008
442 posts
38 upvotes
I ordered May 18th from Mi Global Store scheduled to arrive June 8th. Shipped via DHL
Mar 4, 2006
557 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
xMcEdx wrote: 8MP ultra wide-ANGEL camera? Wow I think all my pictures taken from this phone will automatically have halo effects now! Thank you Xiaomi...
Damn it! You made me look it up before I realised it's a typo
Apr 20, 2011
179 posts
151 upvotes
I ordered May 18th. It started shipping May 26th (delayed due to limited edition I ordered being out of stock). Today it arrived in Ontario. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to clear customs.
Public Mobile 40GB 5G (250mbps) $25/30 days after loyalty/referral savings.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2960 posts
632 upvotes
Would this phone be better than like a lightly used s10e
Oct 8, 2018
368 posts
559 upvotes
Genblue wrote: Yes, this was the free shipping option.
Not sure, how most of them are able to get the "free shipping" option.
From day-one, i see the OP deal linked mobile was showing paid DHL shipping (and on top, most probably customs/ duty charges will be applied in this case). Can someone enlighten me, how you are able to see "free shipping" for this item on AliExpress
RedmiNote9s_shipping_Options.jpg
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2775 posts
2127 upvotes
no 5G, no operation system, no face lock, no NFC..
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
------------
Last edited by drz400 on Nov 25th, 2022 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11275 upvotes
raccoon wrote: no 5G
Good, that's just a battery drain right now.
raccoon wrote: no operation system
Don't know what that means.
raccoon wrote: no face lock
Good, face unlock is a horrible feature, fingerprint reader on the back or death!
raccoon wrote: no NFC..
This one is annoying, especially in these COVID19 times, plus no wireless charging is unfortunate.
Dec 10, 2012
637 posts
616 upvotes
Vancouver
raccoon wrote: no 5G, no operation system, no face lock, no NFC..
What's an operation system??
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1801 posts
1266 upvotes
After working on mine for a few hours, i finally got it all set up comfortably. Unlocked(takes one week upon request), rooted, and running a de-crapified official rom(Using the ADB tools to remove a bunch of mi junk).
Without actually using it too much, i can say my biggest issue is the size. Going from a Zuk Z2(5") to this is awkward.
raccoon wrote: no 5G, no operation system, no face lock, no NFC..
I wouldnt want to pay for 5G radios right now, and if they were on my phone they wouldnt be active(since theres no 5G in my area, but even if there was id disable them since like repatch said, its just a battery drain.)
The operation system is android 10 and Miui 11, but if you dont like that, you can easily flash a different rom on it. Thats the big selling point for this phone, imo. It's going to get wide adoption cause its cheap, and its using a snapdragon chip... So theres going to be tons of custom roms. Xiaomi might drop support for it in 2 years, but that wont matter since theres going to be thousands of people in India and China working on leaner and more feature rich roms for probably 4 or 5 years.
There is face lock on it(2D) which is just as secure as some of the flagships out now, like the Samsung S20, which is to say it isnt secure. I wouldnt use it. Its alternative is a side mounted finger print scanner, which i think is the most practical place to put it. The only downside to it is i'm used to having a long-press on my power button activating my flashlight when the screen is off. Obviously that cant be used now since as soon as my thumb touches the button it unlocks.
The NFC complaint is valid tho. If there was one basic feature i could add to this, it would be NFC. If you feel you need it, the redmi 9pro MAX has it, along with slightly better cameras and a faster charging setup. Its like another $100, and i bet it wont get as much custom rom support cause of that(and the roms are not cross compatible, even if everything else on the phones is the same.

For me, it was an easy choice: cheap, decent CPU, headphone port, will get custom roms, is easy to unlock, and has a massive battery. If i make sure to charge this using only 1amp usb ports and keep it in a case it should be good to last into 2024.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7780 upvotes
Vancouver
So this deal is dead??

Shows C$ 348.79 - 398.86 for the phone + Shipping: C$ 39.44 [and 24 days wait]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Jun 16, 2017
146 posts
53 upvotes
I ordered 2 weeks ago from xiaomi mi store (different aliexpress vendor from OP), shipped today. Price was 283CAD +42 DHL.
Newbie question: what is the benefit of custom ROM?
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1951 posts
711 upvotes
Purchased mine from Xiaomi Online Store. Phone shipped on May 5 but the actual store has been “on vacation” for 3 weeks???

I’ve ordered a redmi Note 5 from these guys a little over a year ago with no issues, I wonder what’s going on?
Dec 10, 2012
637 posts
616 upvotes
Vancouver
Fyi... Wifi issue has been fixed with software update. Works as it should now