Hot Deals

[ALIEXPRESS] Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S 6GB 128GB $303.41all in

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2020 5:29 pm
Aug 8, 2018
52 posts
32 upvotes
Kayen wrote: Did anyone else have the issue with shipping DHL to Alberta - that we're somehow "remote"? Cancelled my order.
I ordered mine in april to Edmonton without DHL with direct shipping from Ali express for cheap delivery on 4 GB/64 GB model . No issues. Tracking shows it's on the way
Aug 8, 2018
52 posts
32 upvotes
CraigB806782 wrote: Best price I am seeing is $284CAD + 42 DHL shipping = $326CAD for the 6/128 version. This vendor did not have a free shipping option but total price is the lowest I have found.
Also 2.75% + $10 Rakuten = $18 (pays for the duty)
And the best I could get for 4/64 version is $220 CAD charged to my credit card ..all in including shipping and conversion rate...if you chose 4/64 version there is a cheap shipping option available.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4751 posts
4364 upvotes
CraigB806782 wrote: Can someone confirm that this will work on Freedom (GTA)? I was on Freedom chat and they said they can only confirm if I have the IMEI
Thx
Do NOT buy this for Freedom.

It will technically work, but the experience will be very sub par.
Mar 18, 2019
9 posts
qwertyuio wrote: And the best I could get for 4/64 version is $220 CAD charged to my credit card ..all in including shipping and conversion rate...if you chose 4/64 version there is a cheap shipping option available.
Where are you seeing the 4/64 version for $220? I can't find any listing remotely close to that price.
Aug 8, 2018
52 posts
32 upvotes
BodyCount wrote: Where are you seeing the 4/64 version for $220? I can't find any listing remotely close to that price.
I followed the instructions on the thread on the coupons to be used. Turned out to be nearly USD150... Paid through my credit card instead of Ali express exchange and finally billed for CAD 220. May be discounts not available anymore now.
Jan 16, 2017
466 posts
286 upvotes
i checked the 4/64gb didn't see any non dhl shipping with xiaomi official store
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1398 posts
498 upvotes
Finally got mine... The 6gb/128gb version ended up costing me a bit over $310cdn. $285cdn to actually buy it with DHL shipping, then another $25cdn for duties. I'd be okay with that, except the seller didnt mail it out till may 18th, even tho i ordered it on april 27th(so 3 weeks to ship, then another 4 days in actual transit).
If the seller shipped reasonably fast, like 1-5 business days after purchase, and used the cheaper shipping, i probably could have saved 60cdn and still received it around the same time, since i prob would have dodged the custom taxes.

All that said, its still considerably cheaper than if i bought it from somewhere else. Geekbuying would have been another $70, and ******** another $90.
Sep 1, 2018
68 posts
90 upvotes
Good deal. Xiaomi is the best budget phone maker in China. They’re listed in HKEX so I think they are pretty big. With $300+ you can’t even buy a magic keyboard cover from Apple.
Jun 16, 2017
72 posts
8 upvotes
@Scott86 can you provide a link to the aliexpress seller you bought from. I placed an order a few days ago and it seems the seller has none in stock and he can't give me a date when it will ship. I can cancel my order but not sure if all other vendors are in the same boat? Also I paid $325CAD including DHL shipping, so $40 more than you. thx
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1398 posts
498 upvotes
CraigB806782 wrote: @Scott86 can you provide a link to the aliexpress seller you bought from. I placed an order a few days ago and it seems the seller has none in stock and he can't give me a date when it will ship. I can cancel my order but not sure if all other vendors are in the same boat? Also I paid $325CAD including DHL shipping, so $40 more than you. thx
It was the same one the main post suggested. I had to do a bunch of sketchy tricks to qualify for discounts(change my region to Russia), and buy during a flash sale that was only available for a few days in April, so replicating it probably isn't possible.
That said, if you demand they not use DHL, you can probably get close to the same price, while waiting the same amount of time to receive it.
Jun 16, 2017
72 posts
8 upvotes
Ok thanks, ya the price on that link is now quite a bit higher than what I paid (I couldn't get any of the discounts mentioned). I'm just thinking if one vendor is out of stock they are probably all out of stock, so I'm reluctant to cancel my order just yet. I've asked the vendor to give me a best guess on when he will have stock, so waiting on his reply.
Dec 10, 2012
306 posts
128 upvotes
Vancouver
FYI... The 9S has a software glitch impacting WiFi. Seems fairly widespread and not a hardware issue. Xiaomi says they know about it and are working on a patch.

I am experiencing it. Wifi signal is strong but internet goes in and out randomly...
Jun 16, 2017
72 posts
8 upvotes
"Anyone else having shipping issues? It's been over 2 weeks since I placed the order and paid for DHL. Order still shows 'shipment information recieved' with no progress item shows to be in Hong Kong. Any suggestions?"

Yes.....I ordered on 5/20. I have messaged the vendor and he says he is out of stock and awaiting shipment. He doesn't know when he will receive. I have the option to cancel but I'm holding off for now. I have messaged a few other vendors and some claim to have a small quantity, but I'm not sure I trust that information. Also these other vendors have higher prices than what I paid, I feel I could cancel my order, place another order at a higher price and still have to wait.