Expired Hot Deals

[ALIEXPRESS] Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S 6GB 128GB $303.41all in

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 4:21 am
Oct 28, 2016
154 posts
227 upvotes
CraigB806782 wrote: "Anyone else having shipping issues? It's been over 2 weeks since I placed the order and paid for DHL. Order still shows 'shipment information recieved' with no progress item shows to be in Hong Kong. Any suggestions?"

Yes.....I ordered on 5/20. I have messaged the vendor and he says he is out of stock and awaiting shipment. He doesn't know when he will receive. I have the option to cancel but I'm holding off for now. I have messaged a few other vendors and some claim to have a small quantity, but I'm not sure I trust that information. Also these other vendors have higher prices than what I paid, I feel I could cancel my order, place another order at a higher price and still have to wait.

Well I am in the same boat but for a different item. I ordered Huawei smartwatch and its already been two months and the shipping status is stuck at "item departed". Aliexpress extended the buyer protection by like 70 days and I can only open a dispute after July 22. Support says they are experiencing delays due COVID-19.

I will avoid ordering anything from Aliexpress for foreseeable future unless one doesn't mind waiting months.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1468 posts
574 upvotes
Heads up for those looking to unlock and root this thing:
You MUST have a sim with a data plan that you're willing to register the number with Mi to unlock.(Theres no workaround, because it actually uses the Sims phone number as verification, so you have to access its servers using that dataplan) Upon requesting the unlock, you have to wait 7 days. After that they'll let you unlock, which will then allow you to reflash the rom with root access. Kinda a pain to go through. Once its rooted, and the original rom(There are no good 3rd party roms yet) is put on with all the bloat taken off, it should be a pretty nice setup.
If you just want the bloat taken off, you dont even need to root it, you can use USB debuging to pull out all the non-essential junk with Xiaomi fastboot tools. Looks like there isnt enough access to the rom to actually brick it using that tool either, so if you really want to clean it out, you can comfortably pull everything off(and re-add it if you think you'll need it)
Unfortunately the "security" app isnt considered removable, which sucks cause it really is junk. I guess Xiaomi made it integral to the rom.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5550 posts
5190 upvotes
Scott86 wrote: Heads up for those looking to unlock and root this thing:
You MUST have a sim with a data plan that you're willing to register the number with Mi to unlock.(Theres no workaround, because it actually uses the Sims phone number as verification, so you have to access its servers using that dataplan) Upon requesting the unlock, you have to wait 7 days. After that they'll let you unlock, which will then allow you to reflash the rom with root access. Kinda a pain to go through. Once its rooted, and the original rom(There are no good 3rd party roms yet) is put on with all the bloat taken off, it should be a pretty nice setup.
If you just want the bloat taken off, you dont even need to root it, you can use USB debuging to pull out all the non-essential junk with Xiaomi fastboot tools. Looks like there isnt enough access to the rom to actually brick it using that tool either, so if you really want to clean it out, you can comfortably pull everything off(and re-add it if you think you'll need it)
Unfortunately the "security" app isnt considered removable, which sucks cause it really is junk. I guess Xiaomi made it integral to the rom.
FWIW, as annoying as it is, this is a good thing.

There is a BIG problem out there of sellers putting their own crap into ROMs and flashing phones with it. The result if a phone where you have no real idea what's on it.

Xiaomi does this to prevent sellers from flashing their phones with these crap ROMs. The requirement of a SIM with a dataplan ensures that the resellers can't just use the same SIM on multiple phones to unlock them.
Sep 2, 2019
53 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
topcashback didn't work and can't file a missing claim for aliexpress....
Mar 3, 2020
48 posts
15 upvotes
Twism wrote: Im using Rogers network in Vancouver. Is this missing any bands that would affect reception rogers?
I'm using a Mi A2 lite. It works good but not perfect. You are missing long band radios that do great at penetrating buildings. When they start building chinese value phones with B12/13/17 Canadians will be all over them. Other than this its a great phone.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5550 posts
5190 upvotes
HelloTrono wrote: I'm using a Mi A2 lite. It works good but not perfect. You are missing long band radios that do great at penetrating buildings. When they start building chinese value phones with B12/13/17 Canadians will be all over them. Other than this its a great phone.
Already there, Umidigi has several models that support all the NA bands, even B66.
Mar 3, 2020
48 posts
15 upvotes
This is 100% true and they've been doing it for a while - I just find their build quality and responsiveness isn't as great. Any decent ROMs for their more recent handsets ? You get a cheap phone from Umidigi but can expect 0 updates or security patches. Xiaomi charges a slight premium but rolls out software - which is why I consider them more mainstream (sorry to de-rail). (Also the value end of the UMIDIGI lineup contains far less bands)
Last edited by HelloTrono on May 28th, 2020 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 12, 2019
235 posts
301 upvotes
Hyper9 wrote: Well I am in the same boat but for a different item. I ordered Huawei smartwatch and its already been two months and the shipping status is stuck at "item departed". Aliexpress extended the buyer protection by like 70 days and I can only open a dispute after July 22. Support says they are experiencing delays due COVID-19.

I will avoid ordering anything from Aliexpress for foreseeable future unless one doesn't mind waiting months.
HK DHL is backed up for days....
Dec 7, 2013
35 posts
1 upvote
St-Eustache
Ok and at the end of the day where we find the best price. Now the phone is 350$ and the shipping 15$ (I think will be 60$ custom fees included).
Nov 5, 2018
263 posts
209 upvotes
ciobocle wrote: Ok and at the end of the day where we find the best price. Now the phone is 350$ and the shipping 15$ (I think will be 60$ custom fees included).
This phone always had shipping costs and DHL will tack on duty.
Mar 4, 2006
402 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Placed order on April 24. Finally after contacting seller, item was shipped out mid May. It is scheduled to arrive June 1 after paying customs $30 in addition to DHL shipping. Long wait for this phone. I hope it is worth it because this is my first Xiaomi phone. Any mods recommended? I will be removing the Xiaomi bloatware
Nov 5, 2018
263 posts
209 upvotes
Drasco wrote: Placed order on April 24. Finally after contacting seller, item was shipped out mid May. It is scheduled to arrive June 1 after paying customs $30 in addition to DHL shipping. Long wait for this phone. I hope it is worth it because this is my first Xiaomi phone. Any mods recommended? I will be removing the Xiaomi bloatware
There are some apps for xiaomi that I'd suggest to remove, but arent necessary. The stock ROM is very efficient, with this phone you'll likely get 2-3 days of battery with moderate usage.
Mar 4, 2006
402 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Ferinthu1 wrote: There are some apps for xiaomi that I'd suggest to remove, but arent necessary. The stock ROM is very efficient, with this phone you'll likely get 2-3 days of battery with moderate usage.
I am probably going to get rid of the browser based on recent security articles.
Nov 5, 2018
263 posts
209 upvotes
Drasco wrote: I am probably going to get rid of the browser based on recent security articles.
You dont have to use it...but yeah if you figure out a way... do tell!
Oct 15, 2017
95 posts
122 upvotes
Airstrip One
Order placed on April 24th with the free shipping option
Looks like it was shipped through Singapore Post because I got a tracking number ends with SG.
Aliexpress showed "handover to airline" while Singapore Post website showed "en route to postal facilities"
No tracking info update for almost one month

Anyone else chose the free shipping option and would like to share your tracking update?
---> 🅲🅰🆃 🅻🅾🆅🅴🆁 (=ↀωↀ=)
---> 🆁🅴🅳 🅵🅻🅰🅶 🅳🅴🅰🅻🆂 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)