Expired Hot Deals

[ALIEXPRESS] Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S 6GB 128GB $303.41all in

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 4:21 am
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 26, 2003
34174 posts
3895 upvotes
Winnipeg
GabbyWC wrote: The rumored OnePlus Z could be an excellent mid-range phone if the price is affordable. If I'm not mistaken, OnePlus phones are fully compatible with North American wireless bands.
Is that comparable to the note 9 pro? Also, what is up with 4 cameras? Is more camera the better these days?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1059 posts
450 upvotes
Canada
repatch wrote: I think you misunderstood my statement.

I have a phone without 700MHz bands (Nokia 8). As a result, it connects to B5 LTE when I'm in more rural areas.

My LG V35, which does have B12/13/17/29 connects onto B13 or B17 in the same spot.

As for recommendations: check out LG offerings (both the G and V series), amazing deals out there for fantastic phones that have been 'poisoned' value wise by the disaster that was the G4.
No misunderstanding. You just stated your experience differently.

Where are those LG phones being sold non-contract? I've only found the G8X at Costco, it's a great phone at the top end feature-wise. Probably the best value high end phone at $500 retail, but it still costs almost twice this Note 9S.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 29, 2014
1064 posts
815 upvotes
Dundalk, ON
divx wrote: Is that comparable to the note 9 pro? Also, what is up with 4 cameras? Is more camera the better these days?
https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?i ... one2=10289

I don't pay as much attention to how many cameras there are as I do to the quality of the camera sensors. The GSM Arena review of the Redmi Note 9 Pro covers its camera performance starting at the 4:14 mark.

Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5552 posts
5193 upvotes
tntdeal wrote: No misunderstanding. You just stated your experience differently.

Where are those LG phones being sold non-contract? I've only found the G8X at Costco, it's a great phone at the top end feature-wise. Probably the best value high end phone at $500 retail, but it still costs almost twice this Note 9S.
eBay
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1059 posts
450 upvotes
Canada
repatch wrote: eBay
Used phones on Ebay come with a lot of caveats, could be good, or could be way worse than buying cheap phones on AE.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5552 posts
5193 upvotes
tntdeal wrote: Used phones on Ebay come with a lot of caveats, could be good, or could be way worse than buying cheap phones on AE.
Buying on AE comes with alot of caveats. Buying the wrong version of phone, having the seller bloat your phone with crap, or the phone never arriving.

I don't see your point. EVERY online source has caveats. You simply have to do your homework, buy from as trusted a source as possible (like buying from 'official' stores on AE), and take a chance that sometimes things go south.

And I never said 'used'. You can certainly buy used phones on eBay, but new options exist as well.

I've NEVER understood this automatic discounting of eBay by people. It's a fantastic place to get good deals on many items. Yes, you WILL probably be screwed eventually, but that's the case of AE as well.

Yes, it requires work on behalf of the buyer to ensure they aren't being screwed. I'm fine with that trade off.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1059 posts
450 upvotes
Canada
repatch wrote: Buying on AE comes with alot of caveats. Buying the wrong version of phone, having the seller bloat your phone with crap, or the phone never arriving.

I don't see your point. EVERY online source has caveats. You simply have to do your homework, buy from as trusted a source as possible (like buying from 'official' stores on AE), and take a chance that sometimes things go south.

And I never said 'used'. You can certainly buy used phones on eBay, but new options exist as well.

I've NEVER understood this automatic discounting of eBay by people. It's a fantastic place to get good deals on many items. Yes, you WILL probably be screwed eventually, but that's the case of AE as well.

Yes, it requires work on behalf of the buyer to ensure they aren't being screwed. I'm fine with that trade off.
EVERY online source has caveats but the only way you can get an LG G or V phone on eBay for similar price to this phone is getting it used which comes with a whole big load of caveats that could make it way worse than a cheap and long wait phone on AE. So there are trade offs, and no concrete alternative suggestions from you.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5552 posts
5193 upvotes
tntdeal wrote: EVERY online source has caveats but the only way you can get an LG G or V phone on eBay for similar price to this phone is getting it used which comes with a whole big load of caveats that could make it way worse than a cheap and long wait phone on AE. So there are trade offs, and no concrete alternative suggestions from you.
Fine, here:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/LG-LG-H873-G6-3 ... 3418641254

'concrete alternative'
Brand new
All bands
Canadian Seller
Cheaper

Happy? It took me 3 minutes to find one.

Spent another minute and found this:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-UNOPENDED-A ... 4576055900

Better than the G6
Still cheaper than the phone in this thread
Decent for FM since it at least has B66 (but no B13).

Happy? 'concrete' enough?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1059 posts
450 upvotes
Canada
repatch wrote: Fine, here:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/LG-LG-H873-G6-3 ... 3418641254

'concrete alternative'
Brand new
All bands
Canadian Seller
Cheaper

Happy? It took me 3 minutes to find one.

Spent another minute and found this:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-UNOPENDED-A ... 4576055900

Better than the G6
Still cheaper than the phone in this thread
Decent for FM since it at least has B66 (but no B13).

Happy? 'concrete' enough?
Thanks. The G6 is out of stock though. The V30 is indeed a good one. I didn't think of unused old models since they're not really much different from used ones: no more warranty and no more OEM updates.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5552 posts
5193 upvotes
tntdeal wrote: Thanks. The G6 is out of stock though. The V30 is indeed a good one. I didn't think of unused old models since they're not really much different from used ones: no more warranty and no more OEM updates.
Buying a phone off AE is no warranty (other then DOA, which eBay would cover too).

As for updates they still do get security updates, and that's ignoring 3rd party.
Newbie
Sep 6, 2017
78 posts
71 upvotes
Just bought the 9S from AE.

$200 - $7 (new user coupon) - $11.58 (6% TopCashBack) - $20 (TopCashBack New Account Referral Bonus *applied only when total cashback >$10) = $161.42 USD

Price is assuming everything tracked correctly. Fingers crossed :P
Worst case scenario, $200 - $7 = $193 USD
Newbie
User avatar
Oct 15, 2017
95 posts
122 upvotes
Airstrip One
For those who ordered in late April and is still waiting for AliExpress Free Shipping:

My parcel just despatched from Singapore to Toronto.
It had been showing "2020-04-29 HK / Hand over to airline" since April 29th.
Today the status changed to "2020-06-25 CAYTO / Despatched to overseas".
Will probably take one more month for Canada Post to deliver but at least the parcel is moving.
---> 🅲🅰🆃 🅻🅾🆅🅴🆁 (=ↀωↀ=)
---> 🆁🅴🅳 🅵🅻🅰🅶 🅳🅴🅰🅻🆂 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sr. Member
Oct 28, 2015
610 posts
164 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
tntdeal wrote: To be not disappointed, don't expect it to arrive in less than 3 months with low shipping cost. Even DHL for $25 plus taxes/duties is often delayed these days. Read through the thread for other members' recent experiences.

If you can't wait and need a phone now, get a Moto G7 Play for $200, or Moto One Action (with Android One) for $300 at Costco. I think they had them on sale for $50 off last week, not sure now. The LG G8X is a higher end phone for just $500 also at Costco as well.
Thank you very much!

in your opinion, which one would be better for its price range( Samsung's AMOLED is tempting)? this xiaomi, Motor One action, LG g8x or the Samsung A71?

The LG G8X seems to be tempting with AMOLED but its battery capacity is the lowest. Xiaomi 9s has dual SIMs which is a big plus for me as I travel a lot.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1059 posts
450 upvotes
Canada
xuanzh wrote: Thank you very much!

in your opinion, which one would be better for its price range( Samsung's AMOLED is tempting)? this xiaomi, Motor One action, LG g8x or the Samsung A71?

The LG G8X seems to be tempting with AMOLED but its battery capacity is the lowest. Xiaomi 9s has dual SIMs which is a big plus for me as I travel a lot.
Between the best phone you can afford and dual sim, decide which one is higher priority and go with that. I'd go with the best phone out of these choices, to me it's the G8X. Smaller battery but seems to have tested better than the A71 in reviews.
Sr. Member
Oct 28, 2015
610 posts
164 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
tntdeal wrote: Between the best phone you can afford and dual sim, decide which one is higher priority and go with that. I'd go with the best phone out of these choices, to me it's the G8X. Smaller battery but seems to have tested better than the A71 in reviews.
Is it currently Costco having the best G8X price in whole canada?thx

Top