Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
ALIEXPRESS

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S 6GB 128GB $303.41all in

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 4:21 am
Mar 11, 2009
200 posts
133 upvotes
Vancouver
eiad77 wrote: I did that and the problems still persisted. They did go away when I deleted the wifi login information from my phone. I created a guest network and I am using that now. It seems to have resolved the probem so far.
Any further problems with your WiFi? Some users were reporting issues with the phone's connection to WiFi earlier, but it seems different from your issue of affecting other devices too.

Ironically, I've been having an issue where the 5ghz band on my router shuts down/drops and doesn't come back until a reboot. 2.4ghz still seems to work when 5ghz drops though. And it happens across 3 different routers. Logs show nothing either, it's driving me nuts.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
2043 posts
793 upvotes
Ottawa
DiSK wrote: Any further problems with your WiFi? Some users were reporting issues with the phone's connection to WiFi earlier, but it seems different from your issue of affecting other devices too.

Ironically, I've been having an issue where the 5ghz band on my router shuts down/drops and doesn't come back until a reboot. 2.4ghz still seems to work when 5ghz drops though. And it happens across 3 different routers. Logs show nothing either, it's driving me nuts.
No I haven't had any problems since I created the guest network and deleted the login information for my normal network from my phone. I've been using the guest network exclusively for my phone.
Mar 11, 2009
200 posts
133 upvotes
Vancouver
eiad77 wrote: No I haven't had any problems since I created the guest network and deleted the login information for my normal network from my phone. I've been using the guest network exclusively for my phone.
That's good, although if you ever need to transfer files over WiFi it'll be a pain heh.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2004
1753 posts
148 upvotes
York Region
What phone cases did you buy guys?
And screen protector please
Dec 1, 2017
92 posts
240 upvotes
Just to update people, I ordered April 20, got my refund last week, and today the package arrived, so free phone I guess! When I did try to get refund after my 90 day window expired, at first they responded by saying wait another 3 days. I did that then followed up saying it still hadn't arrived, and they accepted my refund request the next day. Ironically the next day after my refund was accepted, there was a tracking update on the package that it had cleared customs.

Phone is looking great so far, and comes with screen protector pre-applied (plastic one), and clear TPU phone case, so that's nice. I didn't know that originally and ordered both from AliExpress as well, which also fortunately got refunded due to being past the delivery window. Haven't had time to really use it to find any bugs so far, though I did have some force close errors during set up, but didn't seem to affect anything once the phone was set up.

Having an IR blaster is amazing to control my TV without having to look for my remote. And the screen is surprisingly crisp for resolution. Phone is quite large coming from an Essential Phone, but liking it overall so far.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)