Expired Hot Deals

[ALIEXPRESS] Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S 6GB 128GB $303.41all in

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 4:21 am
Newbie
Nov 24, 2018
48 posts
13 upvotes
dunand wrote: I'm in the same boat (plane). I ordered a phone in late April to Montreal. Please let me know when you receive an update I will let you know if I have an update on my side.
2020-04-27 23:30HK / Hand over to airline.
2020-06-25 09:44CAYTO / Despatched to overseas
any updates?
Newbie
Jun 16, 2017
93 posts
27 upvotes
Just to clarify an earlier post of mine saying this works fine on Freedom in Toronto......it does for me but I am only using talk and text (99/yr). I have a free 4GB/mo Fido sim for data (in the 2nd sim card position).
Also I did have a problem with not receiving incoming calls and having a several hour delay getting texts. I believe I have solved this by changing the sim card configuration setting for preferred network from LTE to 3G (talk and text have no use for LTE).
Love the phone though.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 26, 2003
34194 posts
3914 upvotes
Winnipeg
why is there so many down votes? bad phone or bad seller (site)?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5558 posts
5201 upvotes
divx wrote: why is there so many down votes? bad phone or bad seller (site)?
Phone is great.
Band support in Canada is sub par.
AE required patience, people get ticked when it takes more then a few hours to arrive...
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 26, 2003
34194 posts
3914 upvotes
Winnipeg
repatch wrote: Phone is great.
Band support in Canada is sub par.
AE required patience, people get ticked when it takes more then a few hours to arrive...
Yeah with their standard shipping speed, it takes up to 3 months, quicker ones still take 2 months. I found it only take 3~5 days to reach Canada, but then it get stuck at clearance for 2 months.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5558 posts
5201 upvotes
divx wrote: Yeah with their standard shipping speed, it takes up to 3 months, quicker ones still take 2 months. I found it only take 3~5 days to reach Canada, but then it get stuck at clearance for 2 months.
To be fair, it's more variable then that.

Over the course of the last 4 months, I've placed around 15 orders with AE. A couple came in about a month after order, about 50% after 2 months, and most of the rest at about 3 months. One went 'missing', so I got a refund on that. Two items I got partial refunds on, one because the case of the item (an RF power meter) had a slight crack, the other because the bag was torn and 4 of the 8 items (SMA RF adapters) fell out during shipment:
20200630_162331.jpg
20200630_161212.jpg

It's simply how it works when ordering from China.

FWIW, COMPLAINING about how long it takes is just silly IMHO. The whole reason ordering from China is cheaper is BECAUSE of how long it takes, and the chance you never get your item. If you want quick delivery and (relatively) certain delivery, order from Amazon. That's why ordering the same item from Amazon is more expensive.

All the whining about packages taking months to arrive. That's like complaining about getting wet when walking out in to a raging rainstorm without an umbrella: what did you EXPECT would happen?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 26, 2003
34194 posts
3914 upvotes
Winnipeg
you mention band issue, is that still not resolved by the 9th generation?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5558 posts
5201 upvotes
divx wrote: you mention band issue, is that still not resolved by the 9th generation?
No.

No 700MHz bands means not great for big 3.

No B13 and no B66 means no good for Freedom.

Lots of other, far better options out there.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 26, 2003
34194 posts
3914 upvotes
Winnipeg
repatch wrote: No.
No 700MHz bands means not great for big 3.
No B13 and no B66 means no good for Freedom.
Lots of other, far better options out there.
By the 9th generation they still have yet figured this out.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1059 posts
450 upvotes
Canada
divx wrote: By the 9th generation they still have yet figured this out.
Who "still have yet figured this out"? Xiaomi has had some more expensive phones with the 700Mhz LTE bands, but they don't officially sell any phone to US and CA so they don't care.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 26, 2003
34194 posts
3914 upvotes
Winnipeg
tntdeal wrote: Who "still have yet figured this out"? Xiaomi has had some more expensive phones with the 700Mhz LTE bands, but they don't officially sell any phone to US and CA so they don't care.
They know there is market share to grab so of course they would care, does it cost that much to add a 700mhz band?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5558 posts
5201 upvotes
divx wrote: They know there is market share to grab so of course they would care, does it cost that much to add a 700mhz band?
Almost zero. All their competitors have done it.

About the only thing I can think is the additional of a PA for 700Mhz specifically, but it's entirely possible the existing PAs can cover that band too. PERHAPS a minor antenna redesign, but again, chances are the existing antenna will work fine.
Newbie
Jul 16, 2020
3 posts
dunand wrote: I'm in the same boat (plane). I ordered a phone in late April to Montreal. Please let me know when you receive an update I will let you know if I have an update on my side.
2020-04-27 23:30HK / Hand over to airline.
2020-06-25 09:44CAYTO / Despatched to overseas
Hey, I ordered something that left Singapore on June 9th (2020-06-09 05:05 CAYTO, Despatched to overseas) and I haven't had an update since. How about you?
Newbie
Dec 1, 2017
4 posts
19 upvotes
woaizhongguo636258679543016000 wrote: Hey, did you get any activity on your parcel yet?
My phone still has not arrived, ordered on April 20, 2020. Hit the 90 day window today. Tracking info said shipment dispatched on April 22, 2020, and most recent update was "Departed country of origin" on April 23, 2020.

I am opening dispute today as purchase protection time runs out soon, and will see what happens.

I will respond to this thread again with any updates, if phone arrives or if I get refunded, or both.

Good luck to everyone else, hope you fared better than me with getting your phone! Would love to hear updates from others on what happened to your shipments.

Top