• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2017 11:21 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jr. Member
Oct 4, 2008
127 posts
11 upvotes
toronto

All about Laptop Deals!

Just start a thread to discuss and share about this boxing day laptop deals that we shouldn't miss!
30 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2005
3043 posts
768 upvotes
Mars
same here, either x1 or macbook, the ultralight one, or surface pro, if considered as a (semi-) lappy.
Jr. Member
Jan 21, 2010
139 posts
17 upvotes
Winnipeg
I'd like to see an ultra book like a spectre or yoga on sale. Any chance I could get one for under $800?
Jr. Member
Apr 11, 2012
147 posts
74 upvotes
TORONTO
Kry_sta wrote: I'd like to see an ultra book like a spectre or yoga on sale. Any chance I could get one for under $800?
As someone who did an enormous amount of research for an ultrabook, the 8th gen Spectre will most likely not go below ~$1300. Bestbuy will have it for $1399 on Boxing Day. When I ordered mine directly from HP last week for $1350, they threw in 2 year extended warranty + a Bluetooth mouse saying that was what they were offering for Boxing Day anyway. I did a bunch of research on the Yoga 920 and found the prices were actually higher than the Spectre.
Newbie
Oct 20, 2014
47 posts
4 upvotes
East York, ON
Looking to get one this holidays. Any deals out there other than BB?
Newbie
Jun 12, 2008
19 posts
6 upvotes
It's not really a Boxing Day deal, but I got this one recently:
Lenovo Flex 5 15.6", i7-7500U, UHD IPS 4K, 16GB, GeForce GT 940MX 2GB, 512GB SSD + 1TB 5400 RPM - $1,299.99
https://www3.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/i ... 80XB000KUS

You can have extra $50 discount if you sign up for emails and also get around $50 back if you go through ebates (verify current rebate level with ebates, it could be different).
alternatively you can get discounts through eservus or venngo but you can't combine all those, unfortunately:)
So for me it came down to around $1200 +tax.

Not sure how good is the screen, haven't got mine yet but if I don't like it they have free returns during Christmas holidays and also price match if the price will go even lower.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2005
3043 posts
768 upvotes
Mars
xelan wrote: It's not really a Boxing Day deal, but I got this one recently:
Lenovo Flex 5 15.6", i7-7500U, UHD IPS 4K, 16GB, GeForce GT 940MX 2GB, 512GB SSD + 1TB 5400 RPM - $1,299.99
https://www3.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/i ... 80XB000KUS

You can have extra $50 discount if you sign up for emails and also get around $50 back if you go through ebates (verify current rebate level with ebates, it could be different).
alternatively you can get discounts through eservus or venngo but you can't combine all those, unfortunately:)
So for me it came down to around $1200 +tax.

Not sure how good is the screen, haven't got mine yet but if I don't like it they have free returns during Christmas holidays and also price match if the price will go even lower.
i7/16/512 + extra 1T though 5400, I'd say it's a pretty solid deal for this price. only weights put me off, 2KG for this thing alone takes up too much (up to 7KG) when get on plane.
Member
User avatar
Jul 10, 2007
272 posts
39 upvotes
Halifax
I was hoping for a killer deal on a Chromebook. There doesn't seem to be much, unless I'm missing something. All the "deals" on Chromebooks seem like regular sale prices.

Edit: found one killer deal in the source flyer. $169.99 intro offer. Now to see if there will be stock online or anywhere. Only 11", would have been nice to get a 14" deal, but oh well.
Sr. Member
Aug 11, 2017
562 posts
351 upvotes
Anyone remember the Lenovo i7 for about $650 killer deal? Miss those days
Member
Mar 19, 2016
340 posts
268 upvotes
canada
Visions has a 17.3" Lenovo Ideapad 320 7th gen i3 6gb ram 1tb drive for $450

Dell has a Inspiron 17 5000 Non-Touch (Intel®) 7th gen i3, 8gb ram 1tb HD for $600. Thoughts on which one? The Visions one seems priced ridiculously well.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 18, 2005
1294 posts
225 upvotes
Vancouver
Landon99 wrote: Anyone remember the Lenovo i7 for about $650 killer deal? Miss those days
I do, cause I got one last year!
Graphic Designer
Member
User avatar
Feb 11, 2017
288 posts
233 upvotes
I'll be looking for an i7-8550u laptop with 16gb of ram, and 256-512gb ssd. Willing to compromise on the ssd and ram if the price is right and the laptop is upgradeable.

I don't want something super heavy, but it doesn't have to be X1/Zenbook/Spectre light and thin either. I prefer a screen a 13.3-14 inches screen, and 2-in-1 is ok, but not a requirement.

I'll be on the lookout but from what I've seen so far, most sales are on 7th gen processors.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 1, 2005
1566 posts
112 upvotes
qbarnes95 wrote: Looking for some laptop advice...Is the Lenovo Legion Y520 (80WY001TCF) good for $823.93+tax?
i7-7700HQ
15.6" FHD IPS AntiGlare (1920x1080)
8.0GB DDR4 2400 MHz
1TB 5400RPM + 128GB PCIe SSD
AMD Radeon RX 560 4GB
where do you find this? I might be interested

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)