Real Estate

Locked: All Canadians who want it will be vaccinated by September - Canadato get doses of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines this month

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2020 12:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 22, 2011
10209 posts
12680 upvotes
Toronto

All Canadians who want it will be vaccinated by September - Canadato get doses of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines this month

End of the pandemic has begun. Post COVID will be record low interest rates, record high money supply and record high immigration. Let the bull run begin.

https://www-cbc-ca.cdn.ampproject.org/v ... -1.5830938

Canada expected to receive 168,000 doses of Moderna vaccine by month's end, Trudeau says

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/modern ... -1.5841929

All Canadians who want a shot will be vaccinated by September 2021, public health agency says

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadi ... -1.5844314
Last edited by mazerbeaner on Dec 16th, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Share:
74 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5187 upvotes
Toronto
It’s funny how two bears downvoted. They would rather the world be unhealthy so the rental market stays weak. Disgusting.
Called the bottom.
Aug 17, 2018
520 posts
954 upvotes
CondoMan98 wrote: It’s funny how two bears downvoted. They would rather the world be unhealthy so the rental market stays weak. Disgusting.
I do not think it is that, but rather that OP as usual is way too optimistic. We are talking about 249k doses of the vaccine. As two doses are required to be effective, this will help 124.5k people, less than 0.5% of the overall population and it is even unclear for how long they keep people immune. This barely is a start and we are still very far from overcoming all this and starting "Post COVID" times.
Nov 22, 2019
287 posts
250 upvotes
CondoMan98 wrote: It’s funny how two bears downvoted. They would rather the world be unhealthy so the rental market stays weak. Disgusting.
Jumping to conclusions are we ? I downvoted not because of the positive news about the virus, but because of "Post COVID will be record low interest rates, record high money supply and record high immigration. Let the bull run begin." statement.
Kind of immature to post opinions & celebrate potential property prices in the same post.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2403 posts
1406 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bobclair wrote: Jumping to conclusions are we ? I downvoted not because of the positive news about the virus, but because of "Post COVID will be record low interest rates, record high money supply and record high immigration. Let the bull run begin." statement.
Kind of immature to post opinions & celebrate potential property prices in the same post.
Jeez what's wrong with a bit of celebrating after 10 brutal months. Some people have their life savings in their home and they should be happy and I'm also happy for them although I'm looking to buy a detached ATM.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
2227 posts
1682 upvotes
JanZ95915 wrote: I do not think it is that, but rather that OP as usual is way too optimistic. We are talking about 249k doses of the vaccine. As two doses are required to be effective, this will help 124.5k people, less than 0.5% of the overall population and it is even unclear for how long they keep people immune. This barely is a start and we are still very far from overcoming all this and starting "Post COVID" times.
124.5K is a lot since it means that a significant number of our medical personnel can be vaccinated. What's even more important is not the initial 124.5K doses, but rather that this speeds up the entire timeline to which the vaccines are going to be delivered by at least a month or two (if not more).

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/fi ... o-announce
The prime minister said this latest development has accelerated the government’s initial vaccine rollout plans, which initially planned for the first vaccine doses to arrive in Canada in the first months of 2021.

“This will move us forward on our whole timeline of vaccine rollout, and is a positive development in getting Canadians protected as soon as possible,” Trudeau said.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
14253 posts
10543 upvotes
Think we found the two downvotes.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 22, 2011
10209 posts
12680 upvotes
Toronto
JanZ95915 wrote:
I do not think it is that, but rather that OP as usual is way too optimistic. We are talking about 249k doses of the vaccine. As two doses are required to be effective, this will help 124.5k people, less than 0.5% of the overall population and it is even unclear for how long they keep people immune. This barely is a start and we are still very far from overcoming all this and starting "Post COVID" times.
That's just to start and it's within 3 weeks, there will be a constant weekly stream after targeting vulnerable populations. Most people are not vulnerable. For instance no children in Ontario have died. They did a testing blitz at a school in TCP and 4% were positive, every single one was asymptomatic.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16542 posts
9333 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The thing is that given the fact that many Canadians may be better off today than they were a year ago in financial terms, I can see things running just like the stock market and how real estate prices have gone up. With the consumer starting to spend more of the savings that they socked away for the past year in the next few months, we can see real inflation as we have in the real estate market which may just force the BOC to move on overnight rates especially if the employment situation in the hospitality industry dramatically improves which I'm thinking will as vaccinations are scheduled to be completed by the Fall. I suspect we will reach herd immunity levels in Canada sometime in the Summer especially if the AZ/Oxford vaccine gets approved which should boost Canadian hotels and travel dramatically.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2017
3950 posts
3415 upvotes
It's really unclear at this point how this will affect the economy or when "Post COVID" will begin.

These early vaccines provide functional immunity, not sterilization immunity. Functional immunity is great in that it potentially reduces the virus impact on the body. Generally speaking, people who get the virus have less severe symptoms. Sterilization immunity is what prevents the virus from spreading from one person to another and none of these vaccines have been tested for transmission. Sterilization immunity is very difficult with coronavirus.

In essence, even after people are vaccinated, we can still expect the virus to be in abundance in our communities. Time will tell how we will respond.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2010
1124 posts
1315 upvotes
Toronto
The timing of everything coming back still gives me apprehension. It won't happen instantaneously as a lot of retail businesses (which drive rental demand) went under, and will come back slowly. And also, aside from April and May, sales volumes have been basically in line with 2018 and 2019. It's not as if people haven't been buying real estate and there's a huge swath of people just lined up waiting to buy. I'm sure there are some buyers waiting in the wings, but how high above historical norms can we expect sales to go?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2010
1406 posts
1098 upvotes
Ontario
mazerbeaner wrote: End of the pandemic has begun.

Funny you are talking about a vaccine where even the company CEO does not know if works or not :(
i am all-in for a permanent solution, but there is way too much hype in this, especially when there are so many unkowns...
On whether someone can still transmit the virus after vaccination, Pfizer Chairman & CEO Dr. Albert Bourla tells @LesterHoltNBC: “I think this is something that needs to be examined. We are not certain about that right now with what we know.”
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 22, 2011
10209 posts
12680 upvotes
Toronto
Isostar wrote:

Funny you are talking about a vaccine where even the company CEO does not know if works or not :(
i am all-in for a permanent solution, but there is way too much hype in this, especially when there are so many unkowns...
Your added commentary does not match your quote and is dangerous misinformation. That doesn't mean the vaccine doesn't work, the point of a vaccine is to provide antibodies to provide an effective immune response. This will "work" with vulnerable populations and it's over 90% effective. And even when it's not effective it improves the immune response. If people are surviving and don't need hospitalization then that's an acceptable outcome, it doesn't need to be eradicated.

Disinformation about vaccines should be banned it's not a game or a joke to spread rumors about them.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
2724 posts
2356 upvotes
Technoking
JanZ95915 wrote: I do not think it is that, but rather that OP as usual is way too optimistic. We are talking about 249k doses of the vaccine. As two doses are required to be effective, this will help 124.5k people, less than 0.5% of the overall population and it is even unclear for how long they keep people immune. This barely is a start and we are still very far from overcoming all this and starting "Post COVID" times.
The beginning typically starts with 1, so 249k is already 249k% more than the beginning...

Its a great start!
To the moon
Jul 7, 2019
646 posts
505 upvotes
Another step in the right direction.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2010
1406 posts
1098 upvotes
Ontario
mazerbeaner wrote: Disinformation about vaccines should be banned it's not a game or a joke to spread rumors about them.
LOL, go and ban the CEO of company that produce the vaccine... And if you were not able to compile yet, the situation he is talking about is the worst possible outcome.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5187 upvotes
Toronto
Well, we all had a right to be cautious.

But like always, the bulls will remain triumphant. Imagine...a pandemic brought our economy to a standstill; detached rockets higher and condos are flatfish. GTA real estate is better than gold.
Called the bottom.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
2154 posts
2266 upvotes
Toronto
mazerbeaner wrote: Your added commentary does not match your quote and is dangerous misinformation. That doesn't mean the vaccine doesn't work, the point of a vaccine is to provide antibodies to provide an effective immune response. This will "work" with vulnerable populations and it's over 90% effective. And even when it's not effective it improves the immune response. If people are surviving and don't need hospitalization then that's an acceptable outcome, it doesn't need to be eradicated.

Disinformation about vaccines should be banned it's not a game or a joke to spread rumors about them.
What do you want, same guy who were betting that we will not see vaccines developed in years or ever.
Jan 5, 2020
779 posts
1071 upvotes
I guarantee that we will soon have an over-supply of vaccines. Production will ramp up very quickly.

The media likes to keep things gloomy.