Real Estate

Locked: All Canadians who want it will be vaccinated by September - Canadato get doses of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines this month

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2020 12:42 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5189 upvotes
Toronto
zakarydoks wrote: Who was he antagonizing? Are you telling me there are people who would be antagonized by that? Some people like to celebrate after a victory and there's nothing wrong with that.
He doesn’t like successful people. He was triggered by what I said. I’m used to it though. Lots of jealousy and insanity online.
Called the bottom.
Aug 17, 2018
536 posts
975 upvotes
There were actually fairly decent discussions in this forum here in the past few months. But now, as soon as news come up that make things look like they could turn bullish again, the entire "bear" vs "bull" and "jealousy" crap gets brought up again if people do not agree.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 22, 2011
10307 posts
12815 upvotes
Toronto
I know this is American but we are getting more vaccines per capita and sooner. We will be back to normal very soon.

Fauci predicts 'herd immunity' for U.S. by late spring or early summer

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fa ... y-n1251151
Nov 3, 2006
245 posts
184 upvotes
zakarydoks wrote: Who was he antagonizing? Are you telling me there are people who would be antagonized by that? Some people like to celebrate after a victory and there's nothing wrong with that.
That went beyond a celebration of the vaccine news, if you don't see that then me spelling it out for you probably wouldn't help.

But I'm just jealous and insane and CANNOT HANDLE IT or something. Hope the market goes to the moon or whatever for his sake because he seems to have a lot of skin in the game
Jan 5, 2020
786 posts
1079 upvotes
JanZ95915 wrote: There were actually fairly decent discussions in this forum here in the past few months. But now, as soon as news come up that make things look like they could turn bullish again, the entire "bear" vs "bull" and "jealousy" crap gets brought up again if people do not agree.
There were better discussions before because most people at the time recognized the big downside risk of the real estate market. So everybody was in agreement to a certain extent.

But now that the market is turning to the upside, the permabears can't seem to accept it. Its hard to have a rational discussion with people that lack foresight and is unwilling to think logically.

There are no bulls in this market. There are only rational people and permabears.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5189 upvotes
Toronto
dinostars wrote: That went beyond a celebration of the vaccine news, if you don't see that then me spelling it out for you probably wouldn't help.

But I'm just jealous and insane and CANNOT HANDLE IT or something. Hope the market goes to the moon or whatever for his sake because he seems to have a lot of skin in the game
I know you are bear just because of how cynical you are.

And I have 4 precons. About to make a fortune! ;)
Called the bottom.
Nov 3, 2006
245 posts
184 upvotes
CondoMan98 wrote: I know you are bear just because of how cynical you are.

And I have 4 precons. About to make a fortune! ;)
How you came to that conclusion I'm not sure. The only comment I've made about the market is I don't care what direction it goes because I'm already good.

But I get it now, you do have a lot of skin in the game. Enjoy your fortune (or to put it in the only terms you seem to understand: COOOONDOOOO TO THE MOON YOLO LET'S GO BOYS!!!!!!!)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 22, 2011
10307 posts
12815 upvotes
Toronto
Sounds like everyone who wants to be vaccinated will be able to do so before the end of summer. 2021 is the end of COVID in Ontario.

"Ontario expects to receive 2.4 million COVID-19 vaccine doses in phase one of the plan. The second stage will begin in April and expand eligibility. It’s expected that Ontarians that want to get vaccinated will be able to receive doses in six-to-nine months."

https://nowtoronto.com/news/personal-su ... olxNFkRgLI
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5189 upvotes
Toronto
dinostars wrote: How you came to that conclusion I'm not sure. The only comment I've made about the market is I don't care what direction it goes because I'm already good.

But I get it now, you do have a lot of skin in the game. Enjoy your fortune (or to put it in the only terms you seem to understand: COOOONDOOOO TO THE MOON YOLO LET'S GO BOYS!!!!!!!)
Triggered again.

Sad.
Called the bottom.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2434 posts
1419 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
dinostars wrote: That went beyond a celebration of the vaccine news, if you don't see that then me spelling it out for you probably wouldn't help.

I know he was celebrating real estate prices going up or potential going up and there's nothing wrong with that either. People celebrate when their savings go up, very understandable. I just don't see how anyone can find that offensive. I don't find it offensive when stocks go up and I don't own that much stocks.
Nov 3, 2006
245 posts
184 upvotes
zakarydoks wrote: I know he was celebrating real estate prices going up or potential going up and there's nothing wrong with that either. People celebrate when their savings go up, very understandable. I just don't see how anyone can find that offensive. I don't find it offensive when stocks go up and I don't own that much stocks.
I didn't say anything about any comment being offensive
And to the bears here...yikes, hold on to your undies kids, it will be a rough ride for you!

In my opinion this is one of many childish comments that don't add anything to the discussion, but I see his whole schtick now
Oct 4, 2012
270 posts
270 upvotes
Amherstview
mazerbeaner wrote: Oh and another vaccine dropping this month.

Canada expected to receive 168,000 doses of Moderna vaccine by month's end, Trudeau says
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/modern ... -1.5841929
This could really speed up the first phrase of vaccine distribution. I believe that they were only expecting 35,000 to 85,000 of the Moderna vaccine in early phase 1. Instead, we're getting close to twice of the upper end of the estimate.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 22, 2011
10307 posts
12815 upvotes
Toronto
JosephGalt wrote: This could really speed up the first phrase of vaccine distribution. I believe that they were only expecting 35,000 to 85,000 of the Moderna vaccine in early phase 1. Instead, we're getting close to twice of the upper end of the estimate.
Seems they are under promising and over delivering, pretty classic PR move. We will be back to normal by summer I bet.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2434 posts
1419 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
dinostars wrote: I didn't say anything about any comment being offensive

In my opinion this is one of many childish comments that don't add anything to the discussion, but I see his whole schtick now
Yeah but still, I'm sure no one felt antagonized. I don't feel antagonized when people celebrate their stock wins or call me a stupid bear.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2010
1406 posts
1098 upvotes
Ontario
mazerbeaner wrote: Seems they are under promising and over delivering, pretty classic PR move. We will be back to normal by summer I bet.
Summer of 2025?

Anyway, there will be no "back to normal", there will be "forward to a new normal" ....
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 22, 2011
10307 posts
12815 upvotes
Toronto
Isostar wrote:
Summer of 2025?

Anyway, there will be no "back to normal", there will be "forward to a new normal" ....
Ya you wish but the government and corporations have a massive vested interest in a return to normal consumption levels. You'll be back in a cubicle by June 2021 mark my words.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
8390 posts
4353 upvotes
Another data point for consideration:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 22, 2011
10307 posts
12815 upvotes
Toronto
choclover wrote: Another data point for consideration:
I do like Bill Gates and I respect his opinion. I do take this with a grain of salt given he is the second richest person in the world and tech companies have profited greatly from this wfh environment. I know he donates a lot and does good humanitarian work but a lot of that is PR, he is still the second richest person in the world.