• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2019 5:02 pm
[OP]
Jun 9, 2009
327 posts
83 upvotes
Mississauga

All inclusive resorts Bali, Indonesia.

Does any one book all inclusive resorts in Bali Indonesia?
I would like to book 4 nights all inclusive resort, but do not know which one is good nice and reasonable price.
Please advise.
43 replies
Sep 27, 2012
55 posts
18 upvotes
GVA
I am also interested in it likely for 7 nights and may be stay at two different islands for 3-4 days each. When is the best time to go?
Dec 20, 2005
564 posts
68 upvotes
Why would you go to Bali for this?
Mar 8, 2004
222 posts
66 upvotes
Kanata
tutulau wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2019 11:12 am
I would like to book 4 nights all inclusive resort, but do not know which one is good nice and reasonable price.
Please advise.
Wouldn't recommend an all inclusive if they exist. So much to see and do on the island, food included.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2274 posts
294 upvotes
North York
tutulau wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2019 11:12 am
Please advise.

I don't think all-inclusive is common. Unlike Caribbean counterpart where you just stay in a resort and do nothing, Bali is more experiential - getting out, exploring, visiting places, etc so all-inclusive is very rare. Plus, everything on the island is super cheap..tons of food options...so yea...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9670 posts
1351 upvotes
We went to Bali for our honeymoon. Did a 6 day tour around the island, then did a 3 day tour to Java for overnight hiking and then finished off at a resort: 5 days at Samabe. Would 100% recommend.
Jan 26, 2014
6 posts
Vancouver
We honeymooned in Bali and I looked into all-inclusive options while researching the trip. There were a couple but the options looked very pale in comparison to non-all-inclusive options, especially since we were used to the calibre of resort from Mexico. We didn't miss that though, inexpensive food options were plentiful and we spent half the trip exploring anyways. Would recommend using Ubud as a launch pad for exploring - drive distance is shorter from here and the town itself is cool to explore.

If you're interested in mega resorts, Nusa Dua area has beautiful hotels with great beaches, but you'll pay a lot for food/drinks here. You can take a cheap taxi for a short ride to restaurants outside the Nusa Dua area. We were cheap, so we stayed just outside the Nusa Dua hotel strip ($60/nt) and every morning we would eat our free, amazing hot breakfast, walk to Circle K, buy beer and drinks, walk to the Nusa Dua beach and hang there all day. The last few days we splurged and stayed at the RIMBA by AYANA and lived it up there ($300/nt) - no regrets.

EDIT: add sentence about Ubud
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1376 posts
194 upvotes
Vancouver
They don't really do all inclusive there. Usually breakfast is always included with most hotels; the quality will depend upon the caliber of the hotel. You will have to figure out what you want to do to determine the ideal hotel. I stayed at Ayana resort Bali which is in Jimbaran and it was nice plus it has Rock Bar for great food and drink on the ocean.

UBUD will be the most expensive because its a tourist trap. Stay somewhere outside of there.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2005
1039 posts
31 upvotes
If you had one week...what would you recommend in Bali? Did anyone go to Mount Bromo? Anyone recommend which places to stay? Which airline did you use to get there?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2005
1039 posts
31 upvotes
If you had 7 to 8 days...what would you recommend in Bali? Did anyone go to Mount Bromo? Anyone recommend which places to stay? Which airline did you use to get there? I think Ubud a beach and a mountain/volcano would be cool.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2302 posts
1436 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
You really don’t need all inclusive.

You will probably find plenty of “half board” & “full board” options. Half board could be breakfast and/or lunch - full board can be all 3 or just breakfast and dinner. There are examples of when they may include 1 alcoholic beverage w dinner or wine.

If you’ve been to the elaborate all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean (Jamaica - DR - Mexico) you will likely be disappointed elsewhere (with only a few examples that are the exception to this rule).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9670 posts
1351 upvotes
hello99 wrote:
Sep 28th, 2019 9:54 am
If you had one week...what would you recommend in Bali? Did anyone go to Mount Bromo? Anyone recommend which places to stay? Which airline did you use to get there?
We did a 3 day tour for Mount Bromo morning sunrise hike and also the Ijen Blue Flame overnight hike.

Amazing to do while in Indonesia.

Having said that, if you only have 1 week, that is half your time removed from Bali. I personally would not fly from North America to Bali for 1 week, unless you are already in that area of the world.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2005
1039 posts
31 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Sep 30th, 2019 8:41 am
We did a 3 day tour for Mount Bromo morning sunrise hike and also the Ijen Blue Flame overnight hike.

Amazing to do while in Indonesia.

Having said that, if you only have 1 week, that is half your time removed from Bali. I personally would not fly from North America to Bali for 1 week, unless you are already in that area of the world.
Planning on doing Thailand and Indonesia. So Bangkok, Chang Mai and a beach (13 to 14 days) and then a week in Indonesia. I've been googling and there is a lot to see...I was thinking Bali, Mount Bromo and not sure if there is time to do Gili Islands? Are those beaches nicer or the same as the ones in Thailand? We are not hikers (wife and 11 year son) so I was reading you can take a jeep up to Mount Bromo? Ijen Blue Flame looks pretty cool but I see people had to wear masks? How strong are the sulphur smells? How hard is the Ijen Blue Flame hike?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9670 posts
1351 upvotes
hello99 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2019 10:12 am
Planning on doing Thailand and Indonesia. So Bangkok, Chang Mai and a beach (13 to 14 days) and then a week in Indonesia. I've been googling and there is a lot to see...I was thinking Bali, Mount Bromo and not sure if there is time to do Gili Islands? Are those beaches nicer or the same as the ones in Thailand? We are not hikers (wife and 11 year son) so I was reading you can take a jeep up to Mount Bromo? Ijen Blue Flame looks pretty cool but I see people had to wear masks? How strong are the sulphur smells? How hard is the Ijen Blue Flame hike?
I would say then Ijen Blue Flame is not for your family. Sulphur smell is hit or miss depending on weather and wind moreso than anything else. We were lucky for us.

Hiking was OK, not too bad but if you are not hikers, don't bother.

Mount Bromo is probably better for your family but even then afterwards there was a hike to the crater (if you wanted) or pay someone to get on a horse etc. There are 1 overnight trips to Java to do Mount Bromo from Bali so that may be your best bet. And yes you can take a jeep up the mountain but it is a terrible ride and the car fumes were terrible and crowded. But better than walking.

As for beaches, we are not beach people personally but we found Nusa Dua beaches decent.

We only visited Bali and Java in Indonesia. We had 13 days to do it all.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2005
1039 posts
31 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Sep 30th, 2019 10:30 am
I would say then Ijen Blue Flame is not for your family. Sulphur smell is hit or miss depending on weather and wind moreso than anything else. We were lucky for us.

Hiking was OK, not too bad but if you are not hikers, don't bother.

Mount Bromo is probably better for your family but even then afterwards there was a hike to the crater (if you wanted) or pay someone to get on a horse etc. There are 1 overnight trips to Java to do Mount Bromo from Bali so that may be your best bet. And yes you can take a jeep up the mountain but it is a terrible ride and the car fumes were terrible and crowded. But better than walking. Did you fly from Canada straight to Indonesia? Which airline and what time of the year did you go? I read that it can get cold at Mount Bromo?

As for beaches, we are not beach people personally but we found Nusa Dua beaches decent.

We only visited Bali and Java in Indonesia. We had 13 days to do it all.
Thanks...how would you rank your top things to do in Indonesia? Where did you stay? and how much did it cost? Did you book tours?

So you hiked up Mount Bromo? How long did that take? Or if we take the jeep and not the horses how long is that hike? Just trying to see if its doable for us?