Expired Hot Deals

All-inclusive stay at beachfront 4* resort in Dominican Republic for $49/person/night

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2021 7:00 pm
[OP]
Nov 19, 2020
29 posts
251 upvotes

All-inclusive stay at beachfront 4* resort in Dominican Republic for $49/person/night

Enjoy your stay at the well-rated 4* Whala!Bayahibe . Boasting a seafront location, this resort features an on-site restaurant, free private parking and a garden. The rooms come with a flat-screen TV, views of the sea or garden and a private bathroom.

Free cancellation is included in the price.

Availability at advertised rates:
April – September 2021

https://www.kayak.co.uk/hotels/whalabay ... ort=rank_a

Mod Reminder: Stick to discussing the actual deal or ignore the thread.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Apr 10th, 2021 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added reminder
55 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1547 posts
240 upvotes
Hamilton
doesn't all inclusive also include flights?
Sep 16, 2010
401 posts
490 upvotes
Ontario
tester85 wrote: doesn't all inclusive also include flights?
No it doesn't. It means the resort includes all meals and drinks.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
1323 posts
478 upvotes
Toronto
i thought the rule of thumb when travelling to central/south america is always book 5 stars? I have only done one all-inclusive to DR for a wedding, and stayed at a 4-star. Friends thought I was crazy
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1481 posts
422 upvotes
Toronto
Any dates available in December?
Oct 14, 2015
215 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
heymanwuzup wrote: i thought the rule of thumb when travelling to central/south america is always book 5 stars? I have only done one all-inclusive to DR for a wedding, and stayed at a 4-star. Friends thought I was crazy
I've found in the service industry, you get what you pay for until a certain point. 5 star in the DR is probably a good idea, mostly due to the food. Though I haven't researched this one much nor do I have an intention of travelling until our gov finds 2 doses in a shorter than 4 month period, a quick look at some reviews say room cleanliness and food/dinner could be better.. https://www.kayak.co.uk/hotels/whalabay ... =LqCEA9cny_
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14751 posts
4211 upvotes
Scarberia
does the charge post right away? and u can cancel if u get cold feet right?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Oct 18, 2007
502 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto
We also went to a 4 star all inclusive. Steak all day and free room service. Maybe depends on which hotel
heymanwuzup wrote: i thought the rule of thumb when travelling to central/south america is always book 5 stars? I have only done one all-inclusive to DR for a wedding, and stayed at a 4-star. Friends thought I was crazy
Nov 1, 2017
181 posts
155 upvotes
Not that great of a price once you pay for airfare + transportation to the resort. Much better places to stay with less hassle and lower prices.
Oct 27, 2020
13 posts
19 upvotes
The rule of thumb is subtract a star for all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean and subtract 2 for Cuba. For example a 5 star in the Caribbean is more like a 4 star anywhere else and a 5 star in cuba is like 3 star elsewhere.
Jan 13, 2016
62 posts
125 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Not getting all-inclusive and not getting same price. Good deal if it can be found, but I'm not able to.
Dollar Stores 4 LIFE~!
May 10, 2018
112 posts
96 upvotes
Plus 2000$ for your super necessary luxury hotel and meal when you arrive back
Sep 15, 2012
227 posts
32 upvotes
ottawa
My retirement plan? Cheaper than owning a house (food, taxes, etc.)
Jan 18, 2012
868 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
$50 per person soon becomes expensive when its a family of 4.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
2213 posts
690 upvotes
Central Ontario
invinci wrote: $50 per person soon becomes expensive when its a family of 4.
Does it really? Where else would you go on vacation for $50 per person per day including accommodations and all meals?

I am not defending the deal in any way, but something tells me you're not terribly familiar with the cost of travel and/or all-inclusives.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1592 posts
2022 upvotes
invinci wrote: $50 per person soon becomes expensive when its a family of 4.
$200/day for all inclusive is quite cheap.
Mar 29, 2015
173 posts
39 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Don’t forget the 2000$ stay at the quarantine hotel when you get back Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
18686 posts
21351 upvotes
jay81k wrote: Don’t forget the 2000$ stay at the quarantine hotel when you get back Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
How about we just skip the trip make it a little staycation in Chateau Trudeau otherwise known as 'designated facilities'. /s

A few years back I booked a hotel so I could be closer to a conference that was already close enough, but not super convenient without separate lodging. It turned out to be a great decision, so I remain open to the concept.
May 18, 2018
552 posts
486 upvotes
Not really, Cuba, maybe, but rest of Central/South America you can get away with 3 or 4 stars as long as you do some research before booking.